NFL GDT: 2023 AFC Wild Card Round: (3) Kansas City Chiefs vs (6) Miami Dolphins

KC vs MIA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
what a dumb sequence.

not only is that not how it should have gone (like, if it were his shoe he'd have to step out and fix it) but why is Mahomes crying about it so much?

and also, since it came as a direct result of this: I'm sick of watching defenses have to stand around and be uncertain when a QB takes off. Half second late on a guy who tries to slide at your ankles? You get a flag. Bumpy contact near the sidelines? Probably a flag. QB gets to act like he's going to do both and then lower his helmet into a guy in the secondary because nobody was sure if they could hit him? NFL likes that.

I'm actively watching and waiting for flags more often than not, which doesn't make for fun play.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I have no problem with his scheme in theory. You have a shitload of speed between Waddle, Hill, Mostert and Achane. So trying to use stuff like screens makes sense on paper.

The problem becomes when he starts spamming it. Whether the Dolphins are up, down, were running the ball well. It always comes back to the f***ing screens.

Tonight is just the worst manifestation of that and shows he's either unable or unwilling to adapt when needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad