News Article: 2023-24 Sharks season previews

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I don't like all of this expert analysts saying just how bad this team is going to be. We all know the Sharks do not like doing what the majority of the experts say. Usually do the opposite. Team is the best team in the league, out in round 1 in 5. This just speaks to going on a vegas run without the cup win.
We don't have the collection of early to mid 20s players Vegas did that fueled their inaugural season. Eklund, Zadina, maybe even Kunin and Ferraro are young enough that they could unexpectedly have big years but Vegas had so many more players like that (Karlsson, Smith, Haula, Tuch, Schmidt, Theodore, Miller).

Honestly this Sharks roster might be among the easiest for the statistical models to accurately peg since you know exactly what you're getting from the vast majority of players barring injury.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA

This article is actually a good article and explains the situation. The thing I got from it is I should root for the Devils to make the Eastern Conference Final so the Sharks can get a late first round pick. I doubt they will with the Florida teams (Boston has to take a step back), but they have been trending up the last few years.

Reactions: Sandisfan

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
The Hockey News writers know how the ping pong balls will bounce in the lottery?! Quick, tell these guys to buy a Powerball ticket!
Bettman releases the actual winner of the upcoming lotto every year through one of many media mouth pieces. All the other guesses by media outlets cover his tracks. It's how he obtains payoff from the owner of the team getting 1OA, that's the tricky part...

Hasso just got a text message with a link to a website which was just a QR code and the QR code when scanned took him to amazon where there was a cart and in that cart there were three knockoff sharks jerseys. (1991 models, white home all 3) When you drill down into the details on each jersey "Eschew" "Thy" "Keno" were the personalized names on the backs (all #24). Each Jersey cost 3mil... and when you dig into the amazon seller [email protected] was the contact on the private store (I couldn't put anything in my cart).

Last edited:

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Because you're actually a fan of this team...as your name claims?!

I like baby seals. Doesn’t mean I want to watch one get clubbed to death every other night.

I’m not going to speak for SJfan39 but I’m personally looking forward to watching this team as the young talent (and future of this team) gets inserted into the lineup. I can tolerate the growing pains as the future of this team is being put on display and it will eventually. Watching a bunch of washed up has beens get throttled by superior teams is not entertaining as a fan. We all know this years team is just on a fast track to a top 2 pick and can only hope some of these “vets” can play themselves into positive value ahead of the TDL.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
We don't have the collection of early to mid 20s players Vegas did that fueled their inaugural season. Eklund, Zadina, maybe even Kunin and Ferraro are young enough that they could unexpectedly have big years but Vegas had so many more players like that (Karlsson, Smith, Haula, Tuch, Schmidt, Theodore, Miller).

Honestly this Sharks roster might be among the easiest for the statistical models to accurately peg since you know exactly what you're getting from the vast majority of players barring injury.

There’s a few more; Mukh, who has had a good showing so far, Blackwell rebounding, Bordeleau finding his game, etc etc.

Chances are TINY but there are some guys who could suddenly pop all at once.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I like baby seals. Doesn’t mean I want to watch one get clubbed to death every other night.

I’m not going to speak for SJfan39 but I’m personally looking forward to watching this team as the young talent (and future of this team) gets inserted into the lineup. I can tolerate the growing pains as the future of this team is being put on display and it will eventually. Watching a bunch of washed up has beens get throttled by superior teams is not entertaining as a fan. We all know this years team is just on a fast track to a top 2 pick and can only hope some of these “vets” can play themselves into positive value ahead of the TDL.

Sorry for the late reply, but after watching some of the preseason games, I too am excited for the young guys to start becoming NHL players. They might even win a game or two in the process.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad