Alexander Barabanov -- Logan Couture -- Anthony Duclair
Jacob Peterson -- Nico Sturm -- Fabian Zetterlund
Oskar Lindblom -- Thomas Bordeleau -- Kevin Labanc

Mario Ferraro -- Erik Karlsson
Marc-Edouard Vlasic -- Matt Benning
Jacob MacDonald -- Radim Simek

Mackenzie Blackwood
Kaapo Kahkonen

Doesn't even have our big UFA signing Kyle Burroughs in the line-up...

Reactions: Sandisfan

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
Projected lineup:

William Eklund -- Tomas Hertl -- Filip Zadina

Mackenzie Blackwood
Kaapo Kahkonen

This is forgetting Kunin and I would assume Burroughs is ahead of Simek at this stage...

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
Projected lineup:

Mackenzie Blackwood
Kaapo Kahkonen

Oof. At best, that's two lines that are between 2nd-3rd quality and two fourth lines. And if Karl gets traded, that defense tops out at "yikes"

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
For all his warts, and given the competition, Labanc is still the team's best right-winger (given that Barabanov is a better fit on the left).

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
Projected lineup:

Mackenzie Blackwood
Kaapo Kahkonen

I could see a scenario where they put Eklund - Bordeleau - Zetterlund/Kunin as a scoring/young 3rd line. Peterson with Hertl - Zadina.
That way they could ease the way for Eklund and Bords into NHL. A little less 5v5 time (Eklund PP1, Bords PP2) but getting used to NHL ice, earning their spots one game at a time.
Of course you would hope to see Eklund in the 1st line asap, but I could see it being way to ease Eklund to NHL speed from the injury.
They probably wouldn't score whole lot but no use to rush em.

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
Projected lineup:

Mackenzie Blackwood
Kaapo Kahkonen

Not that it’s gonna happen now, but for a moment, I was hopeful they would bring back Kaut and put him on a line with Hertl and Zadina, and try Eklund in 3C role as part of an offensive oriented third line. Something like:

Zadina - Hertl - Kaut
Barabanov - Couture - Duclair
Peterson - Eklund - Labanc
Zetterlund - Sturm - Kunin

My hope would this would be the equivalent of three 2nd lines (squinting through teal tinted glasses, I know) and a solid energy line.

If we keep Karlsson to start the season, I wouldn’t mind adding a one year deal from the UFA scrap heap if GMMG could swing a Kane or Taresenko. Just have the team go all in for offense all the time.

Anyhow, not even remotely likely to happen; but fun to think about.

Edit: maybe if Guschin impresses out of camp he could factor into a deployment outlined above.

Reactions: landshark

Great Makohead Shork

Apr 25, 2022
Not sure exactly why but for some odd reason I'm stoked to catch some Shorks games this season. Heck, Eklund might not even play, so why is this? Morbid curiosity? Masochism? Last season I was way more amped to see the Cuda and that was when the big squad had Timo and Karl.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Not sure exactly why but for some odd reason I'm stoked to catch some Shorks games this season. Heck, Eklund might not even play, so why is this? Morbid curiosity? Masochism? Last season I was way more amped to see the Cuda and that was when the big squad had Timo and Karl.

Same. I think partly it’s because it’s almost an entirely new team and despite it being full of guys who have been around the league, I think I’m just desperate to see something, anything new. Even if it’s older dudes trying to prove they still have it.

I think I’m most excited to see Eklund and also really cheering for Zadina, ‘cause what he did took balls and I wanna see it pay off in a huge way for him (and us).

Also curious if Thrun, Mukhamadullin, Bordeleau and Guschin will push for spots on the team (I imagine Thrun will likely make the team above the other 3).

But yeah, I think it’s just kinda fun to see something a little new. I’m sure 30 games in, when they’ve won 2, the interest will wane a bit, but there are always storylines to follow.

Great Makohead Shork

Apr 25, 2022
Same. I think partly it’s because it’s almost an entirely new team and despite it being full of guys who have been around the league, I think I’m just desperate to see something, anything new. Even if it’s older dudes trying to prove they still have it.

I think I’m most excited to see Eklund and also really cheering for Zadina, ‘cause what he did took balls and I wanna see it pay off in a huge way for him (and us).

Also curious if Thrun, Mukhamadullin, Bordeleau and Guschin will push for spots on the team (I imagine Thrun will likely make the team above the other 3).

But yeah, I think it’s just kinda fun to see something a little new. I’m sure 30 games in, when they’ve won 2, the interest will wane a bit, but there are always storylines to follow.
Yeah for sure, all the unknowns definitely add another layer of excitement. I'm ready for that 2-28 start. Oh, excuse me, 2-0-28 start. Gotta farm them loser points!

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Yeah for sure, all the unknowns definitely add another layer of excitement. I'm ready for that 2-28 start. Oh, excuse me, 2-0-28 start. Gotta farm them loser points!
Careful... :sarcasm:

2-0-28 is 32 of a possible 60 points. 53.3%... 57.9% got the last wildcard spot last season.

Let's focus on losing in regulation time this year. I'd like to see them develop their tank strategy to break out of last year's rut of getting to OT.

Sharks twenty twenty-three - twenty twenty-four, let's enjoy the view from the floor!!

Last edited:

Blackbear

Jan 3, 2007
The Sharks didn't even have 10 regulations wins with Karlsson and Meier

This will probably be the worst Sharks team since 1992
Well as the steelworkers were wont to say, “these guys don’t look too f***in good.” That being said, losing Karlsson is a guaranteed improvement in their fortunes.

Reactions: one2gamble

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Sportsnet pessimistic about sharks season, just asking if any of the guys the team picked this summer might be flipped, if they improve their value.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I don't like all of this expert analysts saying just how bad this team is going to be. We all know the Sharks do not like doing what the majority of the experts say. Usually do the opposite. Team is the best team in the league, out in round 1 in 5. This just speaks to going on a vegas run without the cup win.

Reactions: Jargon

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I don't like all of this expert analysts saying just how bad this team is going to be. We all know the Sharks do not like doing what the majority of the experts say. Usually do the opposite. Team is the best team in the league, out in round 1 in 5. This just speaks to going on a vegas run without the cup win.

Same here. It's making me less and less enthusiastic for the season as a whole. Yes we know they are going to be bad. Where the analysis and expertise comes in is explaining to the casual folk why they are going to be bad, and maybe something to hold on to for the future.

Why should I waste my time watching this team if every night is going to be the same thing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad