GDT: 2023-24 season game 33 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 12/30/23

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Whelp. 3-2 oilers I guess.
1704002317132.gif

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I can see the prima Donna's are out in force, Edmonton two players that's it, two shit calls and a bounce off the head to scrape by, this isn't the same oilers team as last year

Reactions: funky

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I like Kopitar, but why did he choose to fire a high shot at Skinner's glove with the strength of a Nerf toy pop gun vs his can opener move that works well against slower moving goalies?! Blake trades for a skill guy like PLD specifically to match against the Oilers, but the coach don't use him in the shootout where he can excel with his puck skills? Oh, I forgot this coach doesn't put emphasis in match-ups! TV crew pumping up Talbot's tires like he owns the Oilers team in the shootout or something. They sure looked dumb on that one. Can someone tell Jim Fox to stop saying, "tweeners?!" It sounds so sissy like. Just say 5-hole like normal hockey ppl do!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Maybe we can fire Todd and move PLD to coach

Actually don’t even need to fire Todd just have them switch positions

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
If you traded all you traded for Fiala and PLD...
If you paid Fiala and PLD all you paid them...
And if you feel Grundstrom is a better option in the shoot-out...
You screwed-up and/or your coach is an idiot

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Unless Vegas or Vancouver tank LA and Oilers will not meet in playoffs this year.

How much time did Byfield get in OT tonight? Always thought fast players with good hands were an asset in OT.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
On another note, I am done with Kaliyev, I had hope he’d be something but he’s useless and that ship has sailed. And I think Roy has a ton of clout for a mediocre dman.

If the Kings can trade those two guys and get some guy who has the balls to send McDavid into the boards then they should pull the trigger.

I can’t fathom how often the Kings get injured by cheap shots and the Kings legit don’t target the one guy who is their entire team.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Which is why the kings ALMOST won.

BECAUSE OUR COACH IS A f***ING DIPWAD WITH CEREBRAL PALSY.
Kings blew an important divisional game having a 2-0 lead. No killer instinct to put the Oilers away. I don't care that it went to a shootout and that the Oilers are something like still 10 points behind us. The Oilers still own us in the playoffs!

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Vilardi would at least be in there snarling and facewashing dudes

Not collecting 1 million per stride
Yup the Kings need someone who can crash the net and be a menace around the net … I think we had a guy who had that elite playstyle.. what did we do with him hmmm

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
On another note, I am done with Kaliyev, I had hope he’d be something but he’s useless and that ship has sailed. And I think Roy has a ton of clout for a mediocre dman.

If the Kings can trade those two guys and get some guy who has the balls to send McDavid into the boards then they should pull the trigger.

I can’t fathom how often the Kings get injured by cheap shots and the Kings legit don’t target the one guy who is their entire team.
Kind of pointless when ownership is still employing a sissy coach who is clueless about match-ups!

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Kings blew an important divisional game having a 2-0 lead. No killer instinct to put the Oilers away. I don't care that it went to a shootout and that the Oilers are something like still 10 points behind us. The Oilers still own us in the playoffs!
Kings blew 2 important divisional games back to back and instead of being second in the divin are now further cemented into 3rd. Doesn’t really matter I guess. It’s a first round exit no matter where they finish.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
The biggest thing for me is their home record. It’s absolute trash. They will lose any playoff matchup if this continues.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Yup the Kings need someone who can crash the net and be a menace around the net … I think we had a guy who had that elite playstyle.. what did we do with him hmmm
They had 3 to be exact, Taffoli, Vilardi and Iaffalo! All 3 were playoff caliper forwards.

Reactions: Sol

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Thought it was a good game. We kept a high offense to two goals. You would have to think if we could do that in the playoffs with the firepower on this team, especially with Arvidsson back for the playoffs we should be able to get more than two goals at at least 80% of the time.

Still do not like our fourth line. I know I will get crapped on for it but when the games get tough, I don’t like our center sitting on his ass on the ice. Would rather put together a physical for checking lineup that puts that big hit into the back of the other teams mind.

Also, if anyone can tell me what Kaliyev does for this team, I’m willing to listen. he never seems to be in the right position to one time a puck which was his bread-and-butter in the minors, and the guy doesn’t seem to know the name of his goalie in the defensive end. Huge hopes for him bombing rockets on the PP, but the league has the book on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad