GDT: 2023-24 season game 33 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 12/30/23

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Thought it was a good game. We kept a high offense to two goals. You would have to think if we could do that in the playoffs with the firepower on this team, especially with Arvidsson back for the playoffs we should be able to get more than two goals at at least 80% of the time.

Still do not like our fourth line. I know I will get crapped on for it but when the games get tough, I don’t like our center sitting on his ass on the ice. Would rather put together a physical for checking lineup that puts that big hit into the back of the other teams mind.

Also, if anyone can tell me what Kaliyev does for this team, I’m willing to listen. he never seems to be in the right position to one time a puck which was his bread-and-butter in the minors, and the guy doesn’t seem to know the name of his goalie in the defensive end. Huge hopes for him bombing rockets on the PP, but the league has the book on him.

Todd mentioned that he’s extremely unhappy with Kaliyevs play. So I’m sure something will be changed shortly.

Reactions: Johnny Utah

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Did he say anything about PLD?

Lmfao yes. He’s been happy with his play the last 4-5 games. “It’s coming” - as if he’s alll of a sudden going to be a good player.

I’d post the tweets but my brain can’t compute on how to do that.

• Haha
Reactions: YAYSAY

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Todd mentioned that he’s extremely unhappy with Kaliyevs play. So I’m sure something will be changed shortly.
Yes he's useless. He is waiver exempt - send inland 90 miles. Give someone in Ontario a crack. Unfortunately our paper machet 5OA Turcotte is injured AGAIN...not sure who i would choose. Maybe play Clarke at wing (not kidding)

Reactions: Shellz

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Todd says kaliyev is useless but PLD is playing great and inspired hockey

that's it for me, gonna watch some other teams for a bit, because there's no way I'm not going to be negative after everything that's happened recently.

Happy New Year's guys, appreciate you all, just need a break from this shitshow.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
If you traded all you traded for Fiala and PLD...
If you paid Fiala and PLD all you paid them...
And if you feel Grundstrom is a better option in the shoot-out...
You screwed-up and/or your coach is an idiot

Carl had the one goal in that marathon shootout, that's it. Why not throw Lewis out there while he was at it. Fiala has the best shot on the team and was sidelined . Our coach didn't put the best guys out there. And is an idiot.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Also, if anyone can tell me what Kaliyev does for this team, I’m willing to listen. he never seems to be in the right position to one time a puck which was his bread-and-butter in the minors, and the guy doesn’t seem to know the name of his goalie in the defensive end. Huge hopes for him bombing rockets on the PP, but the league has the book on him.
Skinner just set up right in front of the dot every time he got the puck and was just waiting for the shot. Quick did it, Thompson did it and that bum from Seattle too. He's turned into Martin FRK 2.0 . He's too good to be that predictable, yet here we are...

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Why the hell does Kaliyev keep getting motherf***ed? Dude was a scorer, and y’all molded him into a grinder. Yea he’s not going to produce. Instead of sharpening the stick, you f***ing snapped it!
The Problem with Kaliyev is the Kings are trying to play him on the LWing and he's a natural RWinger...and playing him with DuBlois doesn't help who's more interested in himself then team-play/line-mate play

Everybody on the third line sucks
Even "Jacques" Laperriere?

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
It was similar to playoff game 4 last year when they were up 3-0 in the 1st period and leading the series 2-1 then completely blew it all.
Doesnt matter who they bring in when all you can do is be a cog in Todds passive system.
Really rich that he blames Kaliyev.
Said a couple weeks back that he is next in line to pop off on a different team.
All the good things they were doing in the beginning of the year with success like sticking up for each other, rolling 4 lines, and the relentless forecheck and cycle are gone and they are back to the same 1-3-1 soft passive team we knew they always were.

Last edited:

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Just a poorly built team. No balls, no brains, no sandpaper, no composure. I can’t wait until Kopitar and Doughty are retired and we can finally let go of the cup shadow of a decade ago.

LMAO yet on HNIC they went out of their way to talk about how the Kings are built, and how other teams are looking and talking about how to emulate...

But yea....poorly built

It was similar to playoff game 4 last year when they were up 3-0 in the 1st period and leading the series 2-1 then completely blew it all.
Doesnt matter who they bring in when all you can do is be a cog in Todds passive system.
Really rich that he blames Kaliyev.
Said a couple weeks back that he is next in line to pop off on a different team.
All the good things they were doing in the beginning of the year with success like sticking up for each other, rolling 4 lines, and the relentless forecheck and cycle are gone and they are back to the same 1-3-1 soft passive team we knew they always were.

All this talk about passive 1-3-1, I bet only a handful of posters on here can articulate WHEN they go into the 1-3-1, here's a hint, it's not NEARLY as much as you think it is, and there's only one specific reason when they fall into that.....here's another hint, it has NOTHING to do with holding a lead or pursuing a lead.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
LMAO yet on HNIC they went out of their way to talk about how the Kings are built, and how other teams are looking and talking about how to emulate...

But yea....poorly built

All this talk about passive 1-3-1, I bet only a handful of posters on here can articulate WHEN they go into the 1-3-1, here's a hint, it's not NEARLY as much as you think it is, and there's only one specific reason when they fall into that.....here's another hint, it has NOTHING to do with holding a lead or pursuing a lead.
They do it a lot when they cant get a forecheck when they get pucks deep like on a line change. They did it less in the beginning of the year because they were relentless in the offensive zone and had possession a lot.
They go into the 1-3-1 and sit back too passively vs Edmonton more than usual because they play like they are too scared to lose instead of just playing their game and dictating pace.

Reactions: Nasti

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad