Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion IVX-post TDL

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Trade Ullmark for a 1st rounder at the draft
Sign Hanifin and Lindholm (#1LD and #1C)
Gryz + Forbort walk
Debrusk resigns here

Not sure where Lysell or Merkulov fits in here. I wouldn't be against giving Lucic another go on this team but his time has likely come to an end......considering he wasn't part of the 2011 celebration a few weeks back. I'd sign Maroon to a one year extension.

Hanifin gets Forbort+ Gryz money (6.6875) which really gives us a lefts side of Lohrei + Hanifin for a year at a similar cost of Gryz + Forbort which is laughable.

Tough question is do you let Jake walk for free and roll the dice with Lysell or do you re-up Jake and use him as this year's deadline rental? I'd re-up Jake, as frustrating as he can be sometimes, the kid is skilled and is becoming a very good 200ft player.

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-Debrusk
Frederic-Poitras-Geekie
Maroon-Beecher-Brazeau
Lauko

Hanifin-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wortherspoon

Swayman
Bussi

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Yeah we don't need someone who can play on each line, kill penalties, score about 15 goals for under a million....
Really, do you think he is going to play for less than a million next contract ? Every time he has a good season he declines the next. I also might add that you are probably one of the many yelling about playing the kids, do you want to take ice time away from Beecher ,Frederic, Boqvist, Geekie, and others that might rise up to the big time. The Bruins are going to have cap space next year to fill other needs other then what Heinen fills, who they have players that can do what he does. Heinen's first go round in this town I honestly thought he was going to be a big player for the Bruins, I do not feel that way now, move on from him.

Reactions: Gordoff

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Gryz + Forbort walk
Debrusk resigns here

Not sure where Lysell or Merkulov fits in here. I wouldn't be against giving Lucic another go on this team but his time has likely come to an end......considering he wasn't part of the 2011 celebration a few weeks back. I'd sign Maroon to a one year extension.

Hanifin gets Forbort+ Gryz money (6.6875) which really gives us a lefts side of Lohrei + Hanifin for a year at a similar cost of Gryz + Forbort which is laughable.

Tough question is do you let Jake walk for free and roll the dice with Lysell or do you re-up Jake and use him as this year's deadline rental? I'd re-up Jake, as frustrating as he can be sometimes, the kid is skilled and is becoming a very good 200ft player.

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-Debrusk
Frederic-Poitras-Geekie
Maroon-Beecher-Brazeau
Lauko

Hanifin-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wortherspoon

Swayman
Bussi

Think you have to pick 2 from Lindholm, Hanifin, DeBrusk cap wise and Lysell can slide in for DeBrusk. I think they fill one of the 1C and 2LD holes via UFA and one via trade.

Reactions: Number4orr and BTO

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Really, do you think he is going to play for less than a million next contract ? Every time he has a good season he declines the next. I also might add that you are probably one of the many yelling about playing the kids, do you want to take ice time away from Beecher ,Frederic, Boqvist, Geekie, and others that might rise up to the big time. The Bruins are going to have cap space next year to fill other needs other then what Heinen fills, who they have players that can do what he does. Heinen's first go round in this town I honestly thought he was going to be a big player for the Bruins, I do not feel that way now, move on from him.
Very impressed with PTO Heinen so far and at this point, I think he deserves the 7th player.
That being said, I don't expect him back. Who knows, but we've all seen the Bruins move on from players when they are in a position to greatly increase their market value.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Think you have to pick 2 from Lindholm, Hanifin, DeBrusk cap wise and Lysell can slide in for DeBrusk. I think they fill one of the 1C and 2LD holes via UFA and one via trade.
I do not understand why everyone automatically thinks Lysell can just "slide in. " for DeBrusk or anyone else when the Bruins have not even given this kid a sniff of the big time...........

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
We want tougher D right

Zadorov fits like a glove

He kind of sucks defensively though (there's a reason he's on his 5th team already) and he doesn't really seem to be the type of player Sweeney would sign. He's been available multiple times in his career and not ended up here. Maybe that's just how it goes and it means nothing, but I will be surprised if he ends up in Boston.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Unless the decide to create a hole by dealing Lohrei in a package for a #1C, it is safe to say the Bruins only have 1 Hole on LD for next offseason. I know not everyone is onboard the Lohei train at the moment, and there is a chance he ends up back in the AHL this year (I doubt it). It seems very clear the Bruins are bullish on him, and see him as a big part of next years lineup.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Unless the decide to create a hole by dealing Lohrei in a package for a #1C, it is safe to say the Bruins only have 1 Hole on LD for next offseason. I know not everyone is onboard the Lohei train at the moment, and there is a chance he ends up back in the AHL this year (I doubt it). It seems very clear the Bruins are bullish on him, and see him as a big part of next years lineup.

And of course that assumes they let Grz walk, which I don't think it a lock at all.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Sorry I meant 2LD as in #2 LD.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
I'd sign Lindholm,Hanifan. Let DeBrusk walk. Trade Ullmark for a 1st, let Gryz, Forbort walk

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchand-Poitras-Lysell
Frederic-Coyle-Geekie
Maroon-Beecher-Brazeau

Hanifan-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke/Wootherspoon
Wotherspoon/Peeke

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I do not understand why everyone automatically thinks Lysell can just "slide in. " for DeBrusk or anyone else when the Bruins have not even given this kid a sniff of the big time...........

I mean they gifted DeBrusk a top 6 spot as a rookie. They would need a backup plan in bumping Frederic up. Unless you are going to play Poitras and Lysell on the same line (they won't) one of them is going to be in the top six next year... or in a deal.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
In my opinion, DeBrusk's and Lysell's futures are tied. If DeBrusk stays, I could see the Bruins moving Lysell for a top 6C or defenseman. If DeBrusk walks, Lysell is most likely on the team next season.

Bruins should try to re-sign Heinen, depending on cost, and let all other UFAs walk.

Reactions: CellyHard

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
No don't put that out into the world. now I am going to go get my emotional support stuffie, and rock myself in the corner mumbling a calming mantra

Haha, sorry, but I think it's a possibility. Grizz has had a down year until recently, and that will factor in any negotiations. He hasn't been re-signed because I think Sweeney will look at other options but there is no guarantee any will pan out and it may be that they want to see what happens with him in the playoffs before making a decision. It seems likely he will be gone, but prepare yourself for his potential return in whatever way you think best :laugh:

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Gryz + Forbort walk
Debrusk resigns here

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-Debrusk
Frederic-Poitras-Geekie
Maroon-Beecher-Brazeau
Lauko

Hanifin-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wortherspoon

Swayman
Bussi
We don't really have the space to sign all 3 of Hanifin, Lindholm, and Debrusk. Like let's say they trade Ullmark without taking any salary back, sign Swayman at 7mil like has been reported, and sign Bussi to backup at like 800k. That leaves you with this:
1710869163584.png

If you account for one healthy scratch at both forward and defense both making 800k, that would leave us with a touch under 18mil to fill those 3 hole. Which seems like a lot until you realize that Hanifin and Lindholm are most likely gonna be making like 14 to 15mil combined. Just don't see a way where they end up being able to sign all 3.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Gryz + Forbort walk
Debrusk resigns here

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-Debrusk
Frederic-Poitras-Geekie
Maroon-Beecher-Brazeau
Lauko

Hanifin-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wortherspoon

Swayman
Bussi
Not bad, not interested in using up cap space for Lindholm, I am not so sure Hanifin does not stay in Vegas. Poitras needs to show he can hold up to a full NHL season and he is coming off some tough surgery, might spend some time in Providence, not the worse thing. I don't believe Maroon will be back could be wrong though. You not discount Boqvist . I think Loheri now has some NHL time under his belt will still need some work but going forward you have d-man that could fill the bottom six like you have there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad