GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:30pm 4/26/24 Series tied 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The only positive from tonight is maybe they finally turned a corner. First time in Blakes tenure that they looked like they didnt like to lose. Well see next game if they come out with balls or go right back into their passive shell.
If Talbot lets in a goal every five shots this could be the 2012 Kings roster and we're losing anyway.

The guy cannot play another game. He just can't.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Byfield 2022 playoffs...2 games and scratched 5. 2023 playoffs, 1 goal 3 asssits 6 games. 2024 4 assists 3 games and Kings best forward....PP1 0 goals and QB is 2nd PP? BS. You can't keep PP1 intact and QB must be on your #1 unit. Who to take off? Matters not...#33...who has not had a good playoffs. Would remove him or Fiala, who's not been a factor
Expected Moore from Moore too.

Game #4. Rittich for sure. QB #1 PP. I'd call up Clarke and 1 of Akil / Turcotte before Reign playoff game Saturday, but that won't happen. Scratch Carl and have Clarke D7 for PP and spot duty.
Those are great ideas - none of which would be entertained by a guy Hiller who is just another Koala derivative... these f***ers are not creative or able to think outside the box.. which is what you need to do in war

Reactions: ru4reals

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Byfield 2022 playoffs...2 games and scratched 5. 2023 playoffs, 1 goal 3 asssits 6 games. 2024 4 assists 3 games and Kings best forward....PP1 0 goals and QB is 2nd PP? BS. You can't keep PP1 intact and QB must be on your #1 unit. Who to take off? Matters not...#33...who has not had a good playoffs. Would remove him or Fiala, who's not been a factor
Expected Moore from Moore too.

Game #4. Rittich for sure. QB #1 PP. I'd call up Clarke and 1 of Akil / Turcotte before Reign playoff game Saturday, but that won't happen. Scratch Carl and have Clarke D7 for PP and spot duty.
They badly need Clarke just for offensive ability from the back end! Scratch Lizotte too, as he's too small of a player for playoff hockey.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
I will get accused of 'defending Todd' again but the PK was far and away #1 in the league when he was the coach. The team was f***ing bad with Todd but it has gotten demonstrably worse since Hiller took over. The few things that were strengths evaporated.
Not quite, their PK never worked on the Oilers during the regular season. It may have been fine for every other team. But you can't give up the goal line like that when you've got McDavid and Drai on opposite sides that can walk a goal in unopposed. They were burned every time they played against the Oilers when on the PK during the regular season. And the insanity that this will work now.....dios mio.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Not quite, their PK never worked on the Oilers during the regular season. It may have been fine for every other team. But you can't give up the goal line like that when you've got McDavid and Drai on opposite sides that can walk a goal in unopposed. They were burned every time they played against the Oilers when on the PK during the regular season. And the insanity that this will work now.....dios mio.
and they just keep doing the same thing, that's the wild part

not an adjustment in sight, lineup or tactics

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I kind of feel bad for Kopitar and Doughty. They want to win, the effort is there, but they just can't. They're too old.

And even if they weren't too old, the supporting cast isn't good enough anyways.

If they want to win anything in the remainder of their careers it will have to be elsewhere.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
I don't think EDM can ever complain about the refs fixing games again. That was garbage.

Nah, their fans have a running list of every penalty they think should have been called against the team they are playing, dating back to games from the Cenezoic Era. If you ever think Edmonton did something wrong, their fans will pull one from the list for a "whataboutism" to make sure you know the Oilers are owed thousands of power plays.

The Edmonton Auditors

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Roy, Gavrikov, Fiala, Moore, Danault. Why are these guys all so dopey? Fiala and Moore are usually little balls of energy.

Roy has looked like the PLD version of a defenseman.

Danault is half the player he was in the previous two series against Edmonton.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I kind of feel bad for Kopitar and Doughty. They want to win, the effort is there, but they just can't. They're too old.

And even if they weren't too old, the supporting cast isn't good enough anyways.

If they want to win anything in the remainder of their careers it will have to be elsewhere.
No, Doughty is still a core player but as he does now a days he's does too much. Kopitar is a compliment player and no longer a core player.

Reactions: David Lunch

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
That 3 goal deficit shouldn't have happened in the 1st, the officiating didn’t help either. Special Teams were shit. Please use all that fire they had tonight into scoring goals on Sunday.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Roy, Gavrikov, Fiala, Moore, Danault. Why are these guys all so dopey? Fiala and Moore are usually little balls of energy.

Roy can walk in Free Agency. They can use the $5 million cost to re-sign towards a goalie!

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007

My theory is 11-7 wore these guys out. Talking forwards that is. Seems like all the shuffling has caught up to the boys. Maybe just me.

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
Nah, their fans have a running list of every penalty they think should have been called against the team they are playing, dating back to games from the Cenezoic Era. If you ever think Edmonton did something wrong, their fans will pull one from the list for a "whataboutism" to make sure you know the Oilers are owed thousands of power plays.

The Edmonton Auditors
The Edmonton auditors is honestly one of the best chirps I have seen on here. Good work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad