HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Peeke has a Seidenberg vibe to me. I hope I’m right
Let's not get carried away. 🙂

Looking forward.

They

Better sit all their D then because they all do dumb crap over and over, that's why they can't get out of their zone. The play should be to the goalie as they are the only ones that can get it out with any regularity!

They

Better sit all their D then because they all do dumb crap over and over, that's why they can't get out of their zone. The play should be to the goalie as they are the only ones that can get it out with any regularity!

They

Teii us how you really feel.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
Wonder if the Avs are going to part ways with Manson next year since they brought in Walker as another RHD? Signed at 4.5 I think but could be worth thinking about

Reactions: Bodit9

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
I guess I don’t get the article comparing Ullmark to Tim Thomas other than the Bruins not wanting them. One is a proven playoff performer and the other anything but. Maybe it’s trying to suggest that Ullmark is now determined to play like Thomas did in 2011? We can only hope, but based on last year I wouldn’t hold my breath.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I guess I don’t get the article comparing Ullmark to Tim Thomas other than the Bruins not wanting them. One is a proven playoff performer and the other anything but. Maybe it’s trying to suggest that Ullmark is now determined to play like Thomas did in 2011? We can only hope, but based on last year I wouldn’t hold my breath.
The point is that, like Thomas, Ulllmark may use the attempted trade(s) as motivation going forward, as you surmise.

Reactions: Gordoff

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Zadorov was had for a fifth round pick, Sweeney missed this one.

I’d overpay for Lindgren next yr.

We could have the second coming of Big Z in BOS wb amazing

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
I think zadorov is at 3.75 on a 2 year deal right now, may be able to get the aav lower if it's a ~4 year deal? He's 28 so that term wouldn't be that much of an issue

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Zadorov was had for a fifth round pick, Sweeney missed this one.

I’d overpay for Lindgren next yr.

We could have the second coming of Big Z in BOS wb amazing
We all missed the Zadorov for a 5th round pick since it never happened

Lindgren going to be interesting what he gets

One to watch his stock has plummeted but still like him a lot

I’m with you here about acquiring but 6 M on shorter term likely

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

MONTREAL — Not long ago, Jake DeBrusk wasn’t sure whether he would be getting the bum’s rush out of Boston.
Instead, he found himself finishing off a rush down the sheet of ice at 1909 Avenue des Canadiens-de-Montreal (a.k.a. Bell Centre), to give the Bruins a 2-1 victory in the club’s 24th overtime session of the season Thursday night.
It was DeBrusk at his best, flashing his speed and silky hands — he calmed Brad Marchand’s pass before deftly going to his backhand to beat a flat-footed Samuel Montembeault.
DeBrusk knows where he’ll be through the rest of this season, and that comfort level should spark an increase in his production. His future is still uncertain — he’s poised for unrestricted free agency — but his present is set: He’ll be riding right wing on a line with Charlie Coyle and Marchand.

“I’ve been through it before, so no, obviously I think that everybody in this room can agree it’s a sense of relief and where you’re going to be,” he said Thursday, still catching his breath after his 16th goal of the season secured 2 points for the Bruins.

“Obviously you see guys come in, they’re super excited and it’s just that time of year again, right? So obviously it seems like there’s been a lot of games in between and it seems like a busy schedule, but it’s been good. And obviously tonight was not necessarily [our] best game as a team, but we found a way.”

Another player whose name was tossed out in myriad trade scenarios and speculation was Linus Ullmark. The reigning Vezina Trophy holder has maintained that he loves his current situation and uprooting his family was not something he was interested in.

Ullmark, who has a partial no-trade clause in his contract, is 2-0 since the deadline passed, allowing just two goals in six-plus periods in wins over the Penguins and Canadiens.

Perhaps the only person more relieved than DeBrusk and Ullmark is coach Jim Montgomery, who is keenly aware of what those two bring when they can focus purely on hockey.

“Those two and other players, too, who may have had doubts, the trade deadline is just not a fun time for anybody to be around for the week leading up to it,” said Montgomery. “And we really value those two in particular as people, as teammates, and as Boston Bruins. They love being Bruins and it shows in the way they’re playing right now.”

A boost for Beecher​

Center Johnny Beecher, up from Providence on an emergency basis, played a dozen minutes Thursday, including some high-leverage situations. He played on the penalty kill and took the faceoff to start overtime.

“It’s huge,” Beecher said of the boost he got from getting the tap from Montgomery. “It’s kind of one of those things where it gives me a ton of confidence. Seeing that they have that trust in me going forward is massive.

“Faceoffs are a huge part of my game and how I’m going to be able to help the team win down the stretch, and I felt that I was able to do a pretty good job inside the dot today.”

Beecher won 8 of 11 faceoffs.

“Johnny Beecher had a great backcheck,” said Montgomery. “He was excellent on the faceoff dot, did a great job on the PK, and I loved how hard he went to the net-front.”

Peeke form​

Defenseman Andrew Peeke played 17 minutes across 22 shifts and looked completely comfortable on the bottom pairing with Parker Wotherspoon. “I thought his gaps were good,” said Montgomery. “I thought he was aggressive. I thought he was physical, separated people. I thought he did a good job on the four-on-four when we put him out there. Played aggressive, which is what we’re looking for, and using his feet.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad