2023-24 NCAA, CHL, OHL and European prospects thread

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Bardakov is good as always, Arseniy making flashy things as offensive forward, passive as defensive forward. SKA changing a lot game after game. Both are playing their first game. Spartak is playin really well, very good on the blue line in offensive zone. Very rough start of the season for SKA. A lot of new faces - a lot of little mistakes.

Bardakov played on his level, Gritsyuk was raw in the first two periods, as his team, he was really interesting in the third. They need more chemistry. It was a first of their game. May be I will make a video.

Prospect to watch is Vitaliy Pinchuk from Dynamo Minsk. He could be drafted in 2020, 190 sm, 86 kg. 8 points in 5 games. Center, playing pk, good positionally.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Bardakov played on his level, Gritsyuk was raw in the first two periods, as his team, he was really interesting in the third. They need more chemistry. It was a first of their game. May be I will make a video.

Prospect to watch is Vitaliy Pinchuk from Dynamo Minsk. He could be drafted in 2020, 190 sm, 86 kg. 8 points in 5 games. Center, playing pk, good positionally.
Do you mean that Pinchuk could be drafted in 2024?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I dont know I always forgetting rules. He is one year younger than Gritsyuk. For 21 yo center he is playing well. Its more about "what kind of free agent we can sign a couple year after for free".

Pinchuk took the unusual path, he played in the OHL during his original draft year but didn't get selected and went back home after the pandemic. He was a potential undrafted free agent after passing through the 2022 Draft as a result of playing that one season in North America.

Do you mean that Pinchuk could be drafted in 2024?

We always bicker every season about who is/isn't a free agent in my keeper league. We nearly had a civil war over a nothing prospect named Henrik Tommernes in 2011. Essentially boils down to:

North American (played at least one draft season): born before 2004

European trained: born before 2003

Couple examples from last season:

North American trained
2002 born: Logan Morrison (July 2002) signed as undrafted free agent by Seattle
2003 born: Luke Mittelstadt (January 2003) drafted in 7th round by Montreal

European trained
2001 born: Valtteri Pulli (March 2001) signed as undrafted free agent by San Jose
2002 born: Arno Tiefensee (May 2002) drafted in 5th round by Dallas

Last edited:

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Ah, gotcha. Can he play center?
Yes. He is doing it. He is leading KHL in points, I believe it’s a matter of time when he will go cold, but if he will achieve 40 more points, it’s a great result for his age.
Pinchuk took the unusual path, he played in the OHL during his original draft year but didn't get selected and went back home after the pandemic. He was a potential undrafted free agent after passing through the 2022 Draft as a result of playing that one season in North America.

We always bicker every season about who is/isn't a free agent in my keeper league. We nearly had a civil war over a nothing prospect named Henrik Tommernes in 2011. Essentially boils down to:

North American (played at least one draft season): born before 2004

European trained: born before 2003

Couple examples from last season:

North American trained
2002 born: Logan Morrison (July 2002) signed as undrafted free agent by Seattle
2003 born: Luke Mittelstadt (January 2003) drafted in 7th round by Montreal

European trained
2001 born: Valtteri Pulli (March 2001) signed as undrafted free agent by San Jose
2002 born: Arno Tiefensee (May 2002) drafted in 5th round by Dallas
He isn’t the first one who started to play better after years in harder competition. Most 2020 drafted players would be dreamed about his results. So on my taste it’s a good bet when his actual deal will end. He signed until the end of 24/25 season.

I don’t like our center prospect depth at all. Bardakov is looking like the only one with visible nhl potential and his production potential is still limited. And with his game, even if he is good in the game without the puck, he can find himself as a winger in nhl. This issue of the system is stronger with years. We literally don’t have a prospect with even potential to replace Haula(as defensive center and offensive center at the same time) and I’m not even talk about potential temporary second line center for injury cases. Mercer is the only player in the system and he is way better on the wing for now at least. And I still prefer to save him on the wing and getting up a player from 3c position to the 2c position. But we don’t have any prospect with this level of potential. I understand Fitz can finally find someone on the draft, but it’s a long shot.

So now I want a center from Fitz- from the draft, from the trades or from free agent market. I like Haula and I’m happy that he is with us for the next three years, so I’m talking more about closer future. Because I’m prospects/young players junky and find fun from it.

Reactions: My3Sons

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Yes. He is doing it. He is leading KHL in points, I believe it’s a matter of time when he will go cold, but if he will achieve 40 more points, it’s a great result for his age.

He isn’t the first one who started to play better after years in harder competition. Most 2020 drafted players would be dreamed about his results. So on my taste it’s a good bet when his actual deal will end. He signed until the end of 24/25 season.

I don’t like our center prospect depth at all. Bardakov is looking like the only one with visible nhl potential and his production potential is still limited. And with his game, even if he is good in the game without the puck, he can find himself as a winger in nhl. This issue of the system is stronger with years. We literally don’t have a prospect with even potential to replace Haula(as defensive center and offensive center at the same time) and I’m not even talk about potential temporary second line center for injury cases. Mercer is the only player in the system and he is way better on the wing for now at least. And I still prefer to save him on the wing and getting up a player from 3c position to the 2c position. But we don’t have any prospect with this level of potential. I understand Fitz can finally find someone on the draft, but it’s a long shot.

So now I want a center from Fitz- from the draft, from the trades or from free agent market. I like Haula and I’m happy that he is with us for the next three years, so I’m talking more about closer future. Because I’m prospects/young players junky and find fun from it.

Not a ton of depth to be sure but wouldn't write off the two college prospects - Salminen and Shlaine - just yet. Particularly given what the Devils will likely need after Hughes and Hischier.

Further, with the abundance of defense prospects in the pipeline, I'd imagine the Devils will be able to acquire center depth in the future if the need arises.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Not a ton of depth to be sure but wouldn't write off the two college prospects - Salminen and Shlaine - just yet. Particularly given what the Devils will likely need after Hughes and Hischier.

Further, with the abundance of defense prospects in the pipeline, I'd imagine the Devils will be able to acquire center depth in the future if the need arises.
For me I need to write them in for the beginning. And overall Im talking about center with top-6 potential. Who can replace top player in the injury cases. Yes, we can find temporary solutions, but im talking about prospect depth and the way to build and structure it.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If I'm reading that correctly, the projection for Hammenaho would be 70 points based on his tender years? Given his scoring to date this season, that would be 70 goals. I have no doubt that his current season is a valid sample size and NJ has a 70 goal scorer on its hands.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Not my fav prospect but Jaromir Pytlik got a hattrick yesterday.

Kladno is the worst team in the Czechia Extraliga, and they were playing the 2nd worst, so it must a been a beaut.

All three goals! Pytlik unleashed!

F4982C3F-0D04-4BB2-A157-AF50C073B4A8.jpeg

This Google Translate is pretty great, Pytlik gets translated as “bag” or “sack”.
751AF1B0-3924-4ED7-93CB-F6508DCCFF9E.jpeg

13A4D2AF-85BF-4C52-9448-EAFE266AFDB2.jpeg

Last edited:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Seeing the posts above and realizing the Junior seasons are under way.

Cheslock playing in the USHL with a goal and an assist in 3 games. I guess he's playing a season in that league for a season (or two) before going to college?

Brown with an assist in 2 games.

Reactions: My3Sons

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Cole Brown scored a goal (it was a nice snipe on the ppwerplay) in his teams 6 to 1 loss today.

Cam Squires had a primary assist (it was a nice feed) in his teams 4 to 3 overtime win.

I'd post the tweets of the plays but I don't have Twitter. Elon Musk is making in unbearable for people who don't have an account just to browse public pages...

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Likely not a big deal given the depth of defense prospects in the organization (and his age (25)) but Yegor Zaitsev is off to a nice start in his first season with Spartak.

He is averaging over 18 minutes for the first time in his career and is +5 with 2 goals and 8 points.

His career-high was 14 points in a season.

If nothing else, the signing rights could garner a late round pick or be thrown in as part of a larger trade.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad