2023-24 #2: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Who are the 6 actual prospects? Tuomaala, Andrae are iffy prospects. Maybe Samson, Grans and Avon? Is Wisdom still a prospect with prospects of an NHL career?
The majority of guys who can take a shot have gotten one. With a thin prospect pool there's more projects than prospects which should gradually improve the next two years

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Phantoms have 17 games left and are in 6th place in the Atlantic, which would get them into the expanded AHL playoffs where 23 out of 32 teams qualify (72%).

brackets24-1024x1004.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
The majority of guys who can take a shot have gotten one. With a thin prospect pool there's more projects than prospects which should gradually improve the next two years
They really need to draft some top end talent, not just middling mehs.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
So what's with the lack of hype around this guy?

Footspeed? Size? Level of competition?

In short, his pathway is very odd. Not many offensively-oriented players have followed his path. That’s probably where most of the skepticism originates.

This is his best season by far, at 22. His previous seasons in college are no where near as productive. He also came from the BCHL, a step below the CHL. The league just doesn’t produce a lot of NHL players. He’s also a late round pick who came into the flyers program last year.

His offensive game is either NHL-ready or very close to NHL. I am unsure of the rest. I just want to see him play in the AHL and see how he goes. He’s very intriguing.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
In short, his pathway is very odd. Not many offensively-oriented players have followed his path. That’s probably where most of the skepticism originates.

This is his best season by far, at 22. His previous seasons in college are no where near as productive. He also came from the BCHL, a step below the CHL. The league just doesn’t produce a lot of NHL players. He’s also a late round pick who came into the flyers program last year.

His offensive game is either NHL-ready or very close to NHL. I am unsure of the rest. I just want to see him play in the AHL and see how he goes. He’s very intriguing.
He is also not signing with the with the Flyers so the point is moot

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
He is also not signing with the with the Flyers so the point is moot
If I was a young center who had aspirations of playing in the NHL, the Flyers system is where I’d want to be. Aside from Desnoyers there isn’t a young prospect in the system at that position. (Frost is in the League and not a prospect)

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
If I was a young center who had aspirations of playing in the NHL, the Flyers system is where I’d want to be. Aside from Desnoyers there isn’t a young prospect in the system at that position. (Frost is in the League and not a prospect)
No prospects to block just the coach. If you were a young player, Tortorella would be about 37th on your list of coaches to play for.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Didn’t you hear, he’s a winger

How quickly the Flyers pivoted off Gauthier being a center post-trade, referring to him only as a LW, tells you all you need to know that their process was always sound for a player they drafted with the belief he was a potential 1C.

Flahr in September of this year:

“I think ideally, if we can turn him into an NHL center – a top NHL center – we want to do that. We know he can play the wing. We know he has the size, he can skate and shoot. But yeah, I think that we’ll give him every chance to be a center if he can.”

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00