2023-24 #2: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
A ton of talent in this London/Oshawa game and Barkey is the best player on the ice on virtually every one of his shifts. With any luck he could have at least two goals in the first period.
Finished with 2 goals, 2 assists… and he could’ve had a lot more. He was easily the best player on the ice.

Bonk had a goal and stood out to my eyes too. Can’t say for certain his play in the bumper will translate to the NHL, but I think he’d be the most skilled guy on the Flyers at deflections if he was added to the roster today.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Finished with 2 goals, 2 assists… and he could’ve had a lot more. He was easily the best player on the ice.

Bonk had a goal and stood out to my eyes too. Can’t say for certain his play in the bumper will translate to the NHL, but I think he’d be the most skilled guy on the Flyers at deflections if he was added to the roster today.
You mean the Flyers actually drafted someone with hand-eye coordination. Next to speed it is the least desired skill of Flyers management

BlackandOrange

Jul 12, 2018
Breadalbane, PE
You mean the Flyers actually drafted someone with hand-eye coordination. Next to speed it is the least desired skill of Flyers management
Without following Cole Knuble, I hope some of this father rubbed off on him. I remember it was Knuble, Smyth, Holmstrom, and Tkachuk as the four premier garbage goal guys in the league at one point.

mize370

Nov 2, 2009
Waterloo, Ontario
1000001225.jpg

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
I thought Bonk and Barkey both looked really good the other night against Oshawa. I was impressed by Bonk’s mobility with the puck in addition to his shot. He seemed to be a quality puck mover. I can see him as a first pair defenseman. Dickinson looked very good too. The Flyers won’t be able to draft him but I could see Dickenson and Bonk as a quality first defense pair.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I thought Bonk and Barkey both looked really good the other night against Oshawa. I was impressed by Bonk’s mobility with the puck in addition to his shot. He seemed to be a quality puck mover. I can see him as a first pair defenseman. Dickinson looked very good too. The Flyers won’t be able to draft him but I could see Dickenson and Bonk as a quality first defense pair.
Wow! That’s good to hear. Lots of folks have been pouring cold water on Bonk this season as a bumper player only. Good to hear that he might be more than that.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
What? No one wants to talk about that cracker jack squad - the Phantoms. IL has them firing on al cyliders

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
I think you have to have some deep orange colored glasses to watch Bonk and see anything above a hitting the powerball type of odds of him becoming a #1D. I do see a decent chance at a very cerebral #2/3 with a unique set of skills on the powerplay that have a better chance of translating at the next level than most people think. And that’s pretty good for where we selected him.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
I think you have to have some deep orange colored glasses to watch Bonk and see anything above a hitting the powerball type of odds of him becoming a #1D. I do see a decent chance at a very cerebral #2/3 with a unique set of skills on the powerplay that have a better chance of translating at the next level than most people think. And that’s pretty good for where we selected him.
If you read what I wrote, I clearly said first pair. A number 2 defenseman would be a first pair defenseman. We have similar views of Bonk. Dickenson may be a number 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad