2023 - 2024 OOT Scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah…….about Detroit having this wrapped up.

Detroit is NOT a good team. Flyers look like they’ll at least tie this. I hope not.

The Yzerfrauds BLOW.

Reactions: Dylan9z9

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There's only two ways you would be able to tell that this year's Jonathan Quick is actually Jonathan Quick. There's two easily identifiable qualities that are still there.

First thing is he has a very distinctive way of skating and moving on his skates. He always has. He's easily identifiable by the way he skates and moves on his skates. You can tell Jonathan Quick's skating apart from any goalie in the history of the sport. That's still the same.

And he also has a particular and distinctive stance as he moves across the crease and covers the post. That's the same as he's always been.

All that flopping, shooting himself across the crease and even out to the boards. That's all done with. That's all over. There's not an empty net 20 times per game anymore, because of the way he plays. Because he doesn't play that way anymore.

That used to work for a very long time, but really hasn't in years now. Quick of the last 5 years before this looked exactly like Quick from the first 3 games (particularly the first 2 games) of the 2014 Sharks series before they came back. That was probably the only time in his prime that Quick got crushed playing that way, aside from a few times very early on in his career.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Quick is ridiculous and better than Igor this year...just wow
This isn't the same Jonathan Quick as the last 5 years. He's completely overhauled his game. He's reinvented himself.

It's also not the Quick of 10 years ago either. That Quick played like the Quick of last year that was unplayable, but it was effective for him back then.

I'd love to find out more about how this came about.

Did Quick say ''Man, I was pretty bad the last handful of years. I need to change the way I play or my career is gonna end without a whimper''?

Did Benoit Allaire come to him and say ''If you wanna play here and if you wanna have success, you need to reinvent your game''?

If you haven't watched Quick this year it's easy to say ''The Rangers make him look better brah! That's why he looked washed last year and looks great this year bruh!''.

That would be dead wrong.

There were still remnants of Quick's old game in the preseason.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
This isn't the same Jonathan Quick as the last 5 years. He's completely overhauled his game. He's reinvented himself.

It's also not the Quick of 10 years ago either. That Quick played like the Quick of last year that was unplayable, but it was effective for him back then.

I'd love to find out more about how this came about.

Did Quick say ''Man, I was pretty bad the last handful of years. I need to change the way I play or my career is gonna end without a whimper''?

Did Benoit Allaire come to him and say ''If you wanna play here and if you wanna have success, you need to reinvent your game''?

If you haven't watched Quick this year it's easy to say ''The Rangers make him look better brah! That's why he looked washed last year and looks great this year bruh!''.

That would be dead wrong.

There were still remnants of Quick's old game in the preseason.

Painkillers + NYC coke + Benoit Allaire

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm convinced Benoit Allaire could make Vitek good, what the f*** is good with the Rangers backups
Well..... He didn't exactly make Georgiev look good there. Colorado made him look better than ever, but only in year one. In year two they've gotten Rangers Georgiev.

But I agree, he's the best goalie coach in the league.

Sean Burke was not even close to elite until Benoit Allaire got ahold of him and had him overhaul his game, the same way he has with Quick. Burke was no youngster when he first got to Arizona and Benoit Allaire. He had already been in the league for 10 years, but he wasn't as old as Quick is now either.

Reactions: My3Sons

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Well..... He didn't exactly make Georgiev look good there. Colorado made him look better than ever, but only in year one. In year two they've gotten Rangers Georgiev.

But I agree, he's the best goalie coach in the league.

Sean Burke was not even close to elite until Benoit Allaire got ahold of him and had him overhaul his game, the same way he has with Quick. Burke was no youngster when he first got to Arizona and Benoit Allaire. He had already been in the league for 10 years, but he wasn't as old as Quick is now either.

Think that had to do more with Georgiev needing starts, whenever the Rags gave him the track to run with the starter he always looked good.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm surprised more people aren't talking about Quick reinventing himself. They're just talking about how he's turned back the clock. There's rarely any mention of why he's turned back the clock and why he's having success this year.

Ray Ferraro has picked up on a few things tonight that he said was different from how he used to play.

Quick was bad the last handful of years because he would flop/swim/breakdance a lot and shoot himself all over the place and it would cause literally at least 1 empty net goal on him per game.

Think that had to do more with Georgiev needing starts, whenever the Rags gave him the track to run with the starter he always looked good.
A lot of Rangers fans have said this.

To be fair, his advanced numbers don't look that bad this year, but also aren't as good as last year.

He's playing better than expected (last I looked) this year though, despite down numbers.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I keep wondering ''Has Philly tied it yet?''

Close

5-4 now.

Detroit knows how to do nothing other than get cratered. It feels like Chiarot is out there every other shift.

Detroit thrives on nothing but opportunistic scoring and then getting smashed and trying to hold on for dear life the rest of the game. They don't have the goaltending for this either.

Detroit really seems like the team most likely to blow a 5 goal lead, other than the really baddddddd teams like Columbus (who've already done it not too long ago) or Anaheim, San Jose, Chicago.

If you asked ''Which non bottom feeder is the most likely to blow a 5 goal lead?'' I'd have to answer with Detroit. Their play style is completely unsustainable and it's stopped sustaining itself, which explains why they're not winning anymore. The way they play and all the anchors on their team is definitely conducive to blowing a 5 goal lead.

Oh, and the ''Patrick Kane looks like the Kane of old'' was really hilarious for the one period it lasted.

• Haha
Reactions: My3Sons and Dialamo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Neither moneypuck nor the athletic were buying Detroit early on in their playoff prediction thing they both do.

They're really showing why right now.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
THIS IS THE SAME OILER 3RD PERIOD
IMG_0850.png

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Chiarot actually plays 3 on 3?

I'd have to think between their recent market correction back to where they should be and shit like Chiarot in 3 on 3 that their fanbase has already turned against Dr. Evil.

That's up there with Hynes throwing Lovejoy out there for 3 on 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad