NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
We are all gonna lose our minds from the OOT
tmp.gif

Camille the Eel

Something the Isles do well is pace themselves in games. They had more left in the tank than the Caps in the 3d. The penalty that cost them OT was a dive. Caps player sees the stick in front of him and literally grabs the Isles players arm to prevent him from removing it while he flops over it.

But as to pace in games. No athlete or team can go full out every moment of play. If you try you’ll run out of steam and make mistakes too. It’s something I don’t like about how Ruff has us trying to play. Little or no modulation. The Isles are good at managing games with surges and then periods where they just try to more or less control things, according to how the game is going. Good 3d period by them to get that point and almost 2.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not one player on Caps with 20 pts. This is not sustainable over another 52 games
Between that and the Islanders losing all these games in OT, one or the other has to end, if not both.

Imagine if both of these teams made the playoffs AND somehow had to play each other in the first round? Either of them would be one of the worst playoff teams even in the West, and the West is gonna have one or two mediocre teams get in (maybe even 3) because of how bad it is.

And the mediocre teams in the West are still probably better than these two shit teams.

• Haha
Reactions: Lights911

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
devils just need to take care of business. The OOT scores won’t mean dick if they can’t get their shit together.
Only 5 teams in the conference have more wins than us and we have a game in hand on two of them. I'm too lazy to figure out if anyone else has played a disproportionate number of games against the West, but I know we have already played 14 games against the West and another 7 against the Atlantic. Less than a 3rd of our games have been against Metro teams. If we can get on a roll, we'll have many opportunities for 4 point games over the rest of the season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lmao this team is gonna be cooked by mid January at this rate
Maybe even January 1st.

The death knell may be when we lose to Chicago at home in the first game of the new year.

I fully expect whatever cream of the crap, loser, suck team comes into our building, we're losing to them,

Reactions: mdj12784

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
At least the Red Wings probably aren't gonna be breaking their long losing streak tomorrow night against us. It looks like they'll probably do it tonight against the Flyers.

japanese-goblin.pngdownload (2).jpg

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
On the downside, they're absolutely punking a team that actually plays defense. God help us tomorrow....
Yeah, I could see them blowing the f*** out of Vitek tomorrow.

But at least it won't be their first win in however many games like the Ducks. And look, just as per usual, the teams that beat us don't usually get much else out of their road trips when they go into MSG or UBS. Oilers down 1-0 to the Rangers. Not at all surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad