2023-2024 EPL Season

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

I always wonder what changes if he doesn’t score that.

Does City take a half step back? Does Abu Dhabi keep throwing hundreds of millions at the club? Does a slightly less aggressive spend let Liverpool tip them in 13-14?

Without those two titles are they able to attract Pep/willing to give him a billion dollars?

How different does English football look if City doesn’t become a juggernaut?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I always wonder what changes if he doesn’t score that.

Does City take a half step back? Does Abu Dhabi keep throwing hundreds of millions at the club? Does a slightly less aggressive spend let Liverpool tip them in 13-14?

Without those two titles are they able to attract Pep/willing to give him a billion dollars?

How different does English football look if City doesn’t become a juggernaut?
I think the only thing that changes is Ferguson stays on a few extra years.

Doesn’t effect LFC 13/14 at all. LFC 13/14 wasn’t even supposed to be there

Yea but how many people has Todd Boehly jailed and killed???
No idea but Todd is about to launder his bad Chelsea contracts through the Saudi league

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Even better news

Drury will replace Tyler on Skysports

It's like going from a Peugeot to a Porsche

1687289730380.png

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Maybe one day we can skip the pitch altogether and all club competitions can be contested directly on boardroom webcams.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
This is going to become a necessity; unless something is done about it (which it won’t be).
it already is a necessity tbh. Off the top of my head for just the Premier League, Bournemouth, Brighton, Villa, Man City, Everton (soon), Chelsea (now), Newcastle (in talks with a club in Belgium recently + Saudi League), Palace, & Forest all have owners who have links/own parts of other clubs.

Unfortunately I think this is just the beginning....
It really will start to be an arms race (if it isn't already). I know that UEFA have been investigating the links between Villa/Vitoria, Brighton/Union Saint-Gillois, and Milan/Toulouse with regards to each team in UEFA competitions

Reactions: Savant

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
THose who respect the game and have european values wouldnt do this
As Bluesfan mentioned, Red Bull did this long before nationality got involved. I get the value for the sport, but I suggest that an Arab prince, Chinese real estate tycoon, or African mining company owner could've all done this down the road themselves. Hell, the owner of Sunderland is the son of the owner who owns Olympique Marseille.

E: The primary way to stop this is actually implementing laws that make it illegal.

Last edited:
Reactions: JPBolts

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I absolutely despise multi-club models. It sucks.

I understand the competitive advantage but it really just does suck.

I genuinely wonder about long term salary caps, harsh player loan limits etc. that will turn off teams from trying to do this type of thing.

Reactions: Blender and JPBolts

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Spurs owners ENIC used to have stakes in multiple clubs long ago. Rangers, Slavia Prague, AEK Athens, Vicenza Calcio & Basel. They eventually sold them all to increase their stake at Spurs.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
it already is a necessity tbh. Off the top of my head for just the Premier League, Bournemouth, Brighton, Villa, Man City, Everton (soon), Chelsea (now), Newcastle (in talks with a club in Belgium recently + Saudi League), Palace, & Forest all have owners who have links/own parts of other clubs.

It really will start to be an arms race (if it isn't already). I know that UEFA have been investigating the links between Villa/Vitoria, Brighton/Union Saint-Gillois, and Milan/Toulouse with regards to each team in UEFA competitions
Yeah I was trying to be nice about it, but this is how you are going to need to feed your engine. It’s the best way to do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad