2023-2024 EPL Season

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Good-bye Leicester, Southampton and Leeds.

Hello Burnley, Luton Town and Sheffield United. All three promoted clubs in 2022-2023 managed to avoid relegation, the first time in 5 seasons every promoted club stayed up.

Luton Town total wage bill for 2023 £9,289,280 or £178,640 per week. They were TWENTIETH in the Championship for wages.

Good luck to Luton.

Reactions: H I S T O R I C

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Luton will probably try to make Nakamba, Horvath & Drameh permanent from us, Forest & Leeds respectively.

Also, wouldn't be surprised to see Edwards try and utilize the loan slots from other PL clubs.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Luton will probably try to make Nakamba, Horvath & Drameh permanent from us, Forest & Leeds respectively.

Also, wouldn't be surprised to see Edwards try and utilize the loan slots from other PL clubs.
I think at least the big clubs would love to get loans to a PL team and have those loans get playing time. A few guys from United who could get loaned out: Elanga, Mainoo, Mengi, Iqbal, Pellistri, Fernandez, Hannibal, Amad, Shoretire. Now without really paying super close attention to the way Luton plays or how ready these guys are there could be some pretty interesting options there.

Reactions: JPBolts

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Didn't see this thread before I made mine. Sorry about that.
I think at least the big clubs would love to get loans to a PL team and have those loans get playing time. A few guys from United who could get loaned out: Elanga, Mainoo, Mengi, Iqbal, Pellistri, Fernandez, Hannibal, Amad, Shoretire. Now without really paying super close attention to the way Luton plays or how ready these guys are there could be some pretty interesting options there.
Yeah, from an Arsenal perspective, Sambi, Vieira, Trusty (if we resign him), Marquinhos, Hein, Rekik, Norton-Cuffy are all possibilities, assuming we get rid of Cedric/Mari/Tavares/Pepe/Runarsson/Patino

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Most of these names are not premier league quality, there's no chance Luton will waste their 2 PL spots on any of these names. Diallo is quality but they don't play a system for him. I think Nakamba and Drameh should be signed but Horvath isn't good enough, would be a good backup option, so unless he's really cheap I would look for other options.

I think they are going to want to reward most of the guys that brought them up so I can't see a huge amount of incomings. They should add another starting CB and central mid for sure. Need another RWB, even more so if they don't bring back Drameh, and another striker to push the starting 2.

I don't see them buying from any established premier league sides and I'm not sure many would want to make that switch. From relegated sides who would be great adds are Walker-Peters, Ward-Prowse and Bednarek from Southampton, maybe Adams as that depth forward from Southampton. Dewsbury-Hall and Inheanacho from Leicester. Koch, Kristensen and Adams from Leeds. But most of those guys, even though they're relegated, are probably out of their price range.

Reactions: JPBolts

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Can we send them Sancho? Lol

Reactions: Gecklund

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
What formation and style of play would best utilize their offensive strengths?
If they are to play together the team should probably keep deploying a back three and give them offensive freedom. They could probably do well in either possession or counter-attacking oriented systems.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Saw that Barca was flying out to Japan for a friendly as well. Football is taking the offseason too hard these dats. Give the players some time away.

We had a friendly for Iniesta as he’s leaving Vissel Kobe. A lot of players who played didn’t play much during the season, like Torre (at least we found a way for Xavi to give him minutes). He even gave minutes to kids like Prim. We could use the few million for the trip too. Players are now on break until July 10th.

Reactions: robertmac43

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
We had a friendly for Iniesta as he’s leaving Vissel Kobe. A lot of players who played didn’t play much during the season, like Torre (at least we found a way for Xavi to give him minutes). He even gave minutes to kids like Prim. We could use the few million for the trip too. Players are now on break until July 10th.
Another lever pulled

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019

I wonder if he will be taking up a role with the Premier League itself. A lot of Villa fans don't like him / blame him for the Gerrard appointment, but he has been with us for 5 years. In that time, we started midtable in the championship, got promoted from the Championship, survived in the PL, and qualified for Europe at the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad