2023-2024 EPL Season

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
Tbh, I think they likely draw or beat Liverpool if we see what’s been happening of late.

I just don’t understand the defensiveness that occurs whenever anyone doesn’t mention them as a factor or improved or good or whatever.

Your second statement was my point. Spurs have improved a lot, should be happy with the season if they can get to 4th. But they’re a flawed side
Of course we're a flawed side and yes, 4th is a tremendous achievement given the roster turnover we've had and still need. It's the idiotic shit talking that draws defense, usually coming from arsenal fans.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Oh, huh, when you said "idiotic shit talking" I automatically assumed you were talking about the ridiculous overhyping after Ange had a good five first games

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Look at that Cole Palmer guy go.

1713218302920.png

Reactions: gary69

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
chelsea secretly in a very very good position to finish 6th. and secretly undefeated since february 4. deeply annoyed at the burnley and sheffield draws, because we would be in sixth with a game in hand had we held onto those leads.

Look at that Cole Palmer guy go.

View attachment 852257
and this is how excited he is about it

1713219408013.png

the lad simply does not f***ing care

Reactions: Blender

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I was browsing around the news and I think I saw a report that Chelsea spent 75 million....on strictly agent fees LOL.
That certainly checks out. Would be curious how much of that went to Caicedo’s agent

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
surely a big fat stack of it to him and Lavia's.
For sure. Not sure why everyone got so butt hurt when we said Chelsea was greasing their agents. That’s exactly what happened. I am on the right side of history for a lot of the stuff I got tarred and feathered for

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
For sure. Not sure why everyone got so butt hurt when we said Chelsea was greasing their agents. That’s exactly what happened. I am on the right side of history for a lot of the stuff I got tarred and feathered for
Well you're already mid victory lap after reading SEPH's unsourced post and seemingly without looking up any of the information.

Reported agent fee's from past summer/winter windows*:
  • Chelsea £75.1M (18.8% of total transfer value)
  • Man City £60.6M (27.3%)
  • Man United £34.1M (19.7%)
  • Liverpool £31.5M (21.4%)
  • Arsenal £24.8M (12.4%)
*Approximate %s, as I had to convert transfer values from euros to pounds.

I'm no expert on how agent fees are determined in transfers, but I would assume they are somewhat proportional to the total transfer value. Free transfers could throw that off. But Chelsea's % of agent fees to total transfer value isn't out of the ordinary.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Well you're already mid victory lap after reading SEPH's unsourced post and seemingly without looking up any of the information.

• Arsenal £24.8M (12.4%)

I'm no expert on how agent fees are determined in transfers, but I would assume they are somewhat proportional to the total transfer value. Free transfers could throw that off. But Chelsea's % of agent fees to total transfer value isn't out of the ordinary.
Yea they are highest because they spent a stupid amount of money, the percentage paid doesn't seem out of line with what is often paid.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Yea they are highest because they spent a stupid amount of money, the percentage paid doesn't seem out of line with what is often paid.
Exactly. Doesn't seem out of the ordinary at all.

And the funny part is that Liverpool fans could just complain about Chelsea handing Caicedo and Lavia 8/7 year contracts on inflated wages, but they see a big number for agent fees with no context and their heads explode.

Reactions: cheechoo

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

• Arsenal £24.8M (12.4%)

I don’t think that’s what it means at all. The percentage is just making a comparison I think; that’s how I’m reading that anyway

Exactly. Doesn't seem out of the ordinary at all.

And the funny part is that Liverpool fans could just complain about Chelsea handing Caicedo and Lavia 8/7 year contracts on inflated wages, but they see a big number for agent fees with no context and their heads explode.
We do that too. And the big agent fees certainly mattered. No ones heads are exploding, those are not our problems.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I don’t think that’s what it means at all. The percentage is just making a comparison I think; that’s how I’m reading that anyway
I calculated the percentages, which are comparing the % of agent fees to total transfer fees for each club. I don't understand what you're saying you think it means, but Chelsea having a lower % than Liverpool means that they proportionally spent less on agent fees. Which, as @Blender said, means that the reason their agent fees were higher in absolute $ value is because they spent a lot more on transfers overall.

Reactions: cheechoo

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Nothing like someone saying I told you so before putting in the legwork to understand if they're actually right. Chelsea paid more in gross agent fees because they paid a lot in gross transfer fees.

Not exactly a shock there. That's not greasing agents, that's common sense. In fact, given that Liverpool spent more on agent fees as a percentage of total transfer spend than Chelsea did, we can reasonably assume that Caicedo's agent would have gotten more from Liverpool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad