2023-2024 EPL Season

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If message boards didn't exist, you wouldn't care about the game as much because you couldn't feel superior about something that you have nothing to do with.
It’s a 38 game season.

In fact, my point is simply to NOT feel superior. What exactly am I feeling superior about over here? I’m just saying it’s not accurate to condense it out as binary “this one team in this one game did this one thing”

I don’t even think this is controversial, but again just continue the providing the proof of, and pattern of your fan base not because able to handle anything negative (although this isn’t even negative, but you’ve interpreted it that way) and then having to go to personal insults because of it. The person I quoted obviously got the joke. You need to learn how to take one

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I don’t even think this is controversial, but again just continue the providing the proof of, and pattern of your fan base not because able to handle anything negative (although this isn’t even negative, but you’ve interpreted it that way) and then having to go to personal insults because of it. The person I quoted obviously got the joke. You need to learn how to take one

Tottenham fans "can't handle anything negative".

Dude, they haven't won anything in decades, all we HAVE is negative. That's ALL we handle.

Fans of certain clubs get a bad kickoff time on a Saturday and they have to run to the therapist.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Tottenham fans "can't handle anything negative".

Dude, they haven't won anything in decades, all we HAVE is negative. That's ALL we handle.

Fans of certain clubs get a bad kickoff time on a Saturday and they have to run to the therapist.
Tottenham fan base acts negative when it’s convenient for them. If you want to see what a truly negative fanbase is like you need to interact with more Everton folks.

You haven’t won in decades so that is what is fueling the need for attention that the Tottenham fan base craves. It’s just a constant battle to prove your relevancy. Also having not won in decades, you don’t understand the fine margins you have needed to win a title; so yeah the schedule stuff matters. And it in indisputably unbalanced. That’s the problem there; just a need for common sense scheduling that does not exist. These things matter. If it didn’t exist, then you could say “run to your therapist” but there is a visible and obvious disparity here

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Why should Villa get special treatment? If Arsenal, City, Liverpool and West Ham doesn't get it, neither should Villa.
I think it’s more that England/PL should be doing more for all the teams in European competitions. It would be dumb to just do that for one team for sure. But if it’s every team (in European competition) then that makes more sense imo.
That’s so small-time. Federations shouldn’t be gaming schedules to help their clubs in Europe.
I agree, but if LFP is doing that for French teams then wouldn’t it make sense for other countries to do similar?

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think it’s more that England/PL should be doing more for all the teams in European competitions. It would be dumb to just do that for one team for sure. But if it’s every team (in European competition) then that makes more sense imo.

I agree, but if LFP is doing that for French teams then wouldn’t it make sense for other countries to do similar?
This is what I like to refer to as common sense scheduling.

Jesus, you are such a bore mate.
Again. Can’t handle me talking about their team so goes to personal insults

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
There’s like seven normal fans on the soccer board

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
There’s like seven normal fans on the soccer board
IMG_2828.gif

Reactions: Jussi

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013

I know you didn't make it, but it's almost like they used teenagers specifically to cherrypick the distribution of minutes, because United's minutes to "young players" continues to drop off when you add in players in their young 20s. Whereas Arsenal and City have a lot of minutes for 22/23 year old players, Liverpool have a lot for 21/23 year old players, and Chelsea and Spurs have a lot for 21/22/23 year old players.

From an Arsenal fan perspective, our entire core is ages 22-26, and I imagine we're towards the low-end of average age for starters, so I'm not worried about teenager minutes.

In all competitions this season (per Transfermarkt):
  • U20 Minutes: United (4,843), Chelsea (3,384), Liverpool (2,763), City (2,443), Spurs (101), Arsenal (81)
  • U21 Minutes: Chelsea (8,829), Liverpool (8,713), United (7,769), City (4,335), Spurs (4,237), Arsenal (81)
  • U22 Minutes: Chelsea (16,652), Liverpool (8,713), United (8,135), Spurs (8,018), City (6,974), Arsenal (5,825)
  • U23 Minutes: Chelsea (22,156), City (14,071), Liverpool (12,979), Spurs (11,475), Arsenal (10,511), United (8,135)

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad