GDT: 2022 WJC Gold Medal Game FIN vs CAN 6pm MT, 8pm ET 2022-08-20

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Finland just isn’t that good lmao. Enjoy another L

Wow you sure are angry you lost a WJC hahaha
What do you mean by another L? We've celebrated two golds this year already, what about you? One gold and terrible Leafs as always, enjoy mate!

As do I understand your clear rage from losing a WJC 😹😹😹
Can't take anyone seriously who posts three laughing cat emojis in 2022, reminds me of those cringe grandmothers who have their first smartphone. Just add couple monkey emojis next time!

Reactions: Ippenator

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
Have the Olympic gold and WHC gold already this year. Good to leave something for some others who seem to need it even more. :nod:
Lol two meaningless tourneys with no star players you mean? 😹😹

What do you mean by another L? We've celebrated two golds this year already, what about you? One gold and terrible Leafs as always, enjoy mate!

Can't take anyone seriously who posts three laughing cat emojis in 2022, reminds me of those cringe grandmothers who have their first smartphone. Just add couple monkey emojis next time!
No you’re just going full defensive mode for two tournaments that didn’t have good players at them hahaha keep being mad

Reactions: Peiskos

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Lol two meaningless tourneys with no star players you mean? 😹😹

No you’re just going full defensive mode for two tournaments that didn’t have good players at them hahaha keep being mad
It's meaningless only when Canada loses. Gold is gold and we have more gold so no reason to be mad! I get that you're happy when you finally get something to celebrate after a long year, way to go!

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
It's meaningless only when Canada loses. Gold is gold and we have more gold so no reason to be mad! I get that you're happy when you finally get something to celebrate after a long year, way to go!
Looking at it objectively it’s obvious that the 2018 and 2022 Olympics don’t hold the same weight as the 1998, 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2014 Olympics due to the best players in the world from all sides not being there.

World Juniors
Canada - 19 Gold
Finland - 5 Gold

Olympics
Canada - 3 gold best vs best, 9 overall.
Finland - 0 gold best vs best, 1 overall.

WC
Canada - 27 gold
Finland - 4 gold

Last edited:

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Looking at it objectively it’s obvious that the 2018 and 2022 Olympics don’t hold the same weight as the 1998, 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2014 Olympics due to the best players in the world from all sides not being there.

Finland still has 0 best vs best golds, and since when do you have more gold lmao what.
Lmao what we have more gold this year lmao. You have been best vs best winners since it was last held (World Cup), it must be nice to be winners every year even though you don't win, since it's the only tournament what matters.

Nothing better than being a Canadian hockey fan: You never lose! Either it's not a meaningful tournament, if it's U20 you only lost because you're missing players and when you win you win because you were just superior.

I think you guys have found the holy grail, there's no chance you can ever lose. And if some other country wins the next best vs best, well bad reffing or then your coach chose wrong lineup out of all of your 10000 players and your B team would've won. Why do we even play? Or let us play for silver and bronze and you can stay home and enjoy gold.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
There have been 14 best vs best tournaments (tournaments with NHL players) to have taken place throughout history, those being..

1972 Summit Series - Canada (1)
1976 Canada Cup - Canada (2)
1981 Canada Cup - USSR (1)
1984 Canada Cup - Canada (3)
1987 Canada Cup - Canada (4)
1991 Canada Cup - Canada (5)
1996 World Cup of Hockey - USA (1)
1998 OIympics - Czech Republic (1)
2002 Olympics - Canada (6)
2004 World Cup of Hockey - Canada (7)
2006 Olympics - Sweden (1)
2010 Olympics - Canada (8)
2014 Olympics - Canada (9)
2016 World Cup of Hockey - Canada (10)

Canada has won a staggering 10 of the 14 best vs best hockey tournaments to ever take place in the sports history... no country has ever won more than 1 of these tournaments, Canada has 10. There is indisputable proof that Canada is an absolute hockey power, nobody else has even come close to this kind of display of dominance, those are just the facts bud.

Let me guess, Canada "just barely" won those tournaments too right? :laugh: Let it go.
I totally agree with your point and think Canada is undisputed.

BUT

Summit series shouldn't count as only 2 nations could win that. It doesn't change your argument but is a quibble.

AND

2005 world championships in Austria were best on best. Czechs beat Canada in the finals there... I'm positive if Canada wins that it is talked about a lot more.lol

If I have to read about the 2005 world junior team constantly every xmas then I will always remind everyone there was a senior world championships under the very same scenario.

Ultimately, the big problem is no best on bests. Lack of consistency and execution. 2016 being our last one (a shitty one) is brutal. We may never see Crosby and McDavid.

Even worse... Then Finn fans keep being told they've never won a best on best... They are at or damn near their peak and they can't even get a tourney to see if they could do it.

To that point.. I feel like Canada is getting near their peak as competition is weaker now (no Russia, czechs aren't elite) and they are stronger. I'm positive Connor and company would love a few best on bests too!

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Lmao what we have more gold this year lmao. You have been best vs best winners since it was last held (World Cup), it must be nice to be winners every year even though you don't win, since it's the only tournament what matters.

Nothing better than being a Canadian hockey fan: You never lose! Either it's not a meaningful tournament, if it's U20 you only lost because you're missing players and when you win you win because you were just superior.

I think you guys have found the holy grail, there's no chance you can ever lose. And if some other country wins the next best vs best, well bad reffing or then your coach chose wrong lineup out of all of your 10000 players and your B team would've won. Why do we even play? Or let us play for silver and bronze and you can stay home and enjoy gold.
This reply is awesome and had me laughing my ass off. Thank you

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018

No there are games that we lose. Lol bragging about who has more golds this year :laugh:

Your first reaction to losing a gold medal game is saying you have more gold this year lol, please try to lose with honour and dignity. Nobody likes a sore loser. Canada was the best team this year, no shame in admitting it.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I really thought once Finland tied it up, it was no chance Canada would win. But some Devine intervention happened on that mactavish save. I believe that Puck goes in 99 times out of 100.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Lol bragging about who has more golds this year :laugh:

Your first reaction to losing a gold medal game is saying you have more gold this year lol, please try to lose with honour and dignity. Nobody likes a sore loser. Canada was the best team this year, no shame in admitting it.
My first reaction was actually "Congrats for gold". And yes Canada was the best team because they won, obviously. For the rest of us it goes without saying that best team wins, but for you it's not that simple. I hope that those poor workers in that hockey stick factory (can't remember which brand) have recovered from all those threats after that OT loss in 2019.

Nobody likes sore loser, true. So why are you sore losers always? Canada was the best team in this U20 tournament, enjoy.

Also you want to check this thread and check what's being a sore loser:

Last edited:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
It's weird for me that some people watch hockey with this mentality. Especially Finnish person after what Finland has done in past few years.

After exhausting start, clear juggernaut number 1 gold favorite was worse team on the ice about 40 minutes tonight in my opinion and call me a cryer, but with equal refereeing, would have lost this game.
Why i should get infurious of series hockey events which i cannot help.
Well i have a news for you pal.

I'm not losing my night-sleeps of one goddamn overtime lose in U20 WJC's
because i know damn well that WE CAN'T WIN every f***ing hockey tournament year by year
but how's you do you realize that huh.

I don't give a damn what you or other posters in here are thinking my hockey feelings etc.
And if it hurts so much in your soul that i'm not here 24 / 7 crying and whining one lost U2O WJC gold
i don't give a f*** about it and also i don't care piece of shit.
Have nice day.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rebels57

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
So what, should that matter something?
Every freaking year someone is MVP in U20 WJC's you didn't tell nothing new or even news in that.
Yes, it matters, because hadn't he stopped the puck from crossing the goal line, Finland could've won.
Also, he led the tournament in scoring.

You're a Chicago Bulls fan and from Finland, so you're probably sour USA and Finland lost, but that's life. Learn to live with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad