WJC: 2022 Switzerland roster talk

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Calling a game between german and swiss U20 a sure win for either side is a bit of a stretch, don't you think? Especially when no side does have any special player
Under normal circumstances, this year we have much better depth and goaltending. Patenaude should be much better than all German goalies. If we ice our best players we're heavy favourites despite the idiot coach. Like this it's certainly a bit more open.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
But i have to agree the rosters aren’t really exciting we’ve only got simon knak 6th round pick and brian Zanetti 4th round pick but i still don’t really see why he was drafted…

Yes but again I meant the best possible roster that was including Bichsel, Noah Meier, Rochette and Hofer. Also some of our players like Knak and Fahrni and Allenspach are better than they get credit for. Not to say that even that roster would have been amazing, but the german one looks even quite a bit weaker than ours without Reichel, Stützle and Peterka.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Yes but again I meant the best possible roster that was including Bichsel, Noah Meier, Rochette and Hofer. Also some of our players like Knak and Fahrni and Allenspach are better than they get credit for. Not to say that even that roster would have been amazing, but the german one looks even quite a bit weaker than ours without Reichel, Stützle and Peterka.
Fahrni improved a lot. Played very well at NL level. Allenspach got very limited ice time but was actually outstanding for Zug during their playoff run. Never took a shift off. Mighty impressive. A real impact player, even at NL level.

Oberyn Martell

Dec 26, 2018
There are no 100% certainties. But we would have been the clear favourites with our best possible roster vs the team germany is going to have. Depth is a thing too in hockey. But to americans and canadians every euro player not drafted in the two rounds looks the same I guess.
I mean why are you even talking about missing players when you know which roster germany could ice there. To me it is clearly a 50:50 game which can go either way. Not to forget that this team beat the czechs last winter.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
I am interested how our 03 players will do. It will be interesting to see for the actual WJC in December. Sidler and Biasca might impress. Biasca seems to always play better for the NT.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Lol. Someone had to say it. Almost everytime I see you commenting you offend humans for absolutely nothing. Maybe just think about it
I'll try one more time. If you know nothing about Swiss hockey and have nothing to add to our current discussion then please don't post. If you have a problem we me personally, send me a pm but see yourself out of this thread and don't post about it here. Thanks again.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
It's only now I realized that Adrian Wichser is now one of Bayer's assistants (the idiot Swede with the big contract being the other one). What a great idea by the SIHF to have all those heavy drinkers, party goers, zero effort explayers to coach kids. As if Jenni wasn't enough. Wichser is a nice bloke but much like Jenni he's the exact opposite of a role model.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
It's only now I realized that Adrian Wichser is now one of Bayer's assistants (the idiot Swede with the big contract being the other one). What a great idea by the SIHF to have all those heavy drinkers, party goers, zero effort explayers to coach kids. As if Jenni wasn't enough. Wichser is a nice bloke but much like Jenni he's the exact opposite of a role model.
What has he done?

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
A bit off topic but Rochette returns to the Q i don’t really get why but most likely because lausanne isn’t willing to giv anybody except foreigners ice time.

Reactions: BlizzardSloth

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
What has he done?
Well, it's a well known fact Wichser had zero discipline as a player and was living off his talent. Probably played half of his career overweight and if you grew up where I did it without staying home all the time then at some point you were bound to meet friggen Adi Wichser at midnight in some kind of bar. Yes, also ahead of gamedays. I'd struggle to believe there was anybody who didn't know about it. I'm too young to tell if he always did this but in the backhalf of his career he definitely did and everybody knew it. Even before he wasn't exactly always in great shape or known for his relentless efforts on the ice. Great guy everybody would love to go for a beer with. Don't think he should get into coaching though.

Also, I asked in the game thread already. Any good reasons to leave Marchon out of the roster and to scratch Garessus but play Ritzmann for over 18mins? Rest looks reasonable to me ice time wise but Ritzmann should be a depth player at least. I think we had better players available (Cavalleri, Hofer). I don't hate Ritzmann on the roster but he should play at least 10mins less.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Also, I asked in the game thread already. Any good reasons to leave Marchon out of the roster and to scratch Garessus but play Ritzmann for over 18mins? Rest looks reasonable to me ice time wise but Ritzmann should be a depth player at least. I think we had better players available (Cavalleri, Hofer). I don't hate Ritzmann on the roster but he should play at least 10mins less.

I am not to high on him in general but yesterday he was one of the better forwards alongside with Fahrni, Allenspach and Knak. Used his size and skating well against the Swedes and had a few good chances. So I don't think it was unreasonable to up his ice time in this game specifically. He had one high danger chance that absolutely needed to result in a goal though and he wasn't able to convert.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
I am not to high on him in general but yesterday he was one of the better forwards alongside with Fahrni, Allenspach and Knak. Used his size and skating well against the Swedes and had a few good chances. So I don't think it was unreasonable to up his ice time in this game specifically. He had one high danger chance that absolutely needed to result in a goal though and he wasn't able to convert.
Twice in the last minutes he failed to convert one of them a 1:0 on the goalie.

Well, it's a well known fact Wichser had zero discipline as a player and was living off his talent. Probably played half of his career overweight and if you grew up where I did it without staying home all the time then at some point you were bound to meet friggen Adi Wichser at midnight in some kind of bar. Yes, also ahead of gamedays. I'd struggle to believe there was anybody who didn't know about it. I'm too young to tell if he always did this but in the backhalf of his career he definitely did and everybody knew it. Even before he wasn't exactly always in great shape or known for his relentless efforts on the ice. Great guy everybody would love to go for a beer with. Don't think he should get into coaching though.

Interesting in fact wichser is some kind of skill coach for the youth of ehc Winterthur. I mean as a skills coach you don’t have the same type of role model function as a normal coach.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Twice in the last minutes he failed to convert one of them a 1:0 on the goalie.

Interesting in fact wichser is some kind of skill coach for the youth of ehc Winterthur. I mean as a skills coach you don’t have the same type of role model function as a normal coach.

TSN stream I had wasn't the best, so I missed a few plays due to buffering. But even though he needed to be more effective with his chances at least he generated some offense wich can't be said of every forward in the lineup. I thought he had a good game all things considered.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
TSN stream I had wasn't the best, so I missed a few plays due to buffering. But even though he needed to be more effective with his chances at least he generated some offense wich can't be said of every forward in the lineup. I thought he had a good game all things considered.
Do you live in Switzerland? if yes watch it on tv24 if you don’t have a TV download zattoo to watch it on( you have to make a free account). And if you have a mysports subscription you can watch it there.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Do you live in Switzerland? if yes watch it on tv24 if you don’t have a TV download zattoo to watch it on( you have to make a free account). And if you have a mysports subscription you can watch it there.

I do have a mysports subscription but I am abroad right now for a couple of days. Wich feed does tv24 usually show? Or do they have their own commentators?

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
I do have a mysports subscription but I am abroad right now for a couple of days. Wich feed does tv24 usually show? Or do they have their own commentators?
They have own commentators lars Nay and andreas Hänni. They did an ok job IMO. Hänni has some good expertise. But can’t you watch mysports abroad if not that’s really weak from them IMO

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
They have own commentators lars Nay and andreas Hänni. They did an ok job IMO. Hänni has some good expertise. But can’t you watch mysports abroad if not that’s really weak from them IMO

Ok thanks. As far as I know you can't watch mysports abroad. Maybe I would work with a VPN but I have no desire to look into that. Usually youtube streams work just fine for occasions like this but yesterday it just didnt work properly for once.

Last edited:

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Ok thanks. As far as I know you can't watch mysports abroad. Maybe I would work with a VPN but I have no desire to look into that. Usually youtube streams work just fine for occasions like this but yesterday it just didnt work properly for once.
Who streams it on YouTube?

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Who streams it on YouTube?
Some private person just streamed the TSN feed. I don't think thats completely above board legally speaking (at least in most countries) so I won't go more into detail, especially with the rules of this forum on mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: uncleben

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Some private person just streamed the TSN feed. I don't think thats completely above board legally speaking (at least in most countries) so I won't go more into detail, especially with the rules on this forum on mind.
I see👍🏻

I wanted to say that i really liked rodwin Dionico yesterday. I really don’t know why he didn’t get drafted. He was the best defender in my opinion and he’s still an underager. Liked his coolness and passing game.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I see👍🏻

I wanted to say that i really liked rodwin Dionico yesterday. I really don’t know why he didn’t get drafted. He was the best defender in my opinion and he’s still an underager. Liked his coolness and passing game.

I agree on Dionicio. Besides his passing his hands and puck protection were also excellent even compared to the Swedish blue chip prospects. Besides that he has also good size already. If he can improve his skating he should have senior national team potential, maybe even more.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
I agree on Dionicio. Besides his passing his hands and puck protection were also excellent even compared to the Swedish blue chip prospects. Besides that he has also good size already. If he can improve his skating he should have senior national team potential, maybe even more.
I am surprised he wasn’t drafted this year hopefully somebody drafts him this year.

Reactions: Speyer

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I couldn't watch the game vs the US for obvious reasons but just looking at the stat sheet this sure seems like a reality check. Looks like the team didn't stand a chance whatsoever. I didn't expect them to hold this game close anyway but 7-1 looks pretty bad nonetheless.

Can't wait to hear Hinterlands take on Pasches goaltending by the way :D

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I couldn't watch the game vs the US for obvious reasons but just looking at the stat sheet this sure seems like a reality check. Looks like the team didn't stand a chance whatsoever. I didn't expect them to hold this game close anyway but 7-1 looks pretty bad nonetheless.

Can't wait to hear Hinterlands take on Pasches goaltending by the way :D
He was brutal as always but he wasn't the difference. The 2nd one and the last 2 were very stoppable and I think Patenaude has those. But of the other four, one was an unlucky pinball, two were great deflections by the Americans and one was clearly on Zanetti who was really bad all game. Pasche also made a few good stops in the first, particularly on a clean breakaway. And two of the three bad goals he gave up he let in late when it was over already. So you can't say it was his fault.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Ritzmann must have nude pictures or even footage of Bayer or one of the other clowns. Like in game 1 the rest of the TOI's seemed reasonable but Ritzmann played almost 20mins, Garessus (who didn't even play game 1) just a bit over 7.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad