WJC: 2022 Switzerland roster talk

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I'd see Zanetti as potential NT-player sometime in the future. Sidler is probably too small, but yeah, Egli played a WC last spring.
I think Zanetti is a bit overrated due to draft status. He certainly has pro potential but I don't see him as a NT material as of today. Not enough skill offensively while being not physical enough defensively for his size is just not a very alluring combination. Aebischer, Gross and Berni were miles better at the WJC at the same age and none of them is on the senior team right now. Sidler is hard to judge, he has more offense to his game than Zanetti and I like his compete level. But like you said he seemed really outmatched physically in this tournament already despite being on of the older players...

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
I'd see Zanetti as potential NT-player sometime in the future. Sidler is probably too small, but yeah, Egli played a WC last spring.
Yeah and he didn’t play really good then(i have the goal against the states in my head where him being small cost us goal(but the goalie was stupid there too).Therefore I think sidler won’t be a candidate for the NT due to his size.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
I think Zanetti is a bit overrated due to draft status. He certainly has pro potential but I don't see him as a NT material as of today. Not enough skill offensively while being not physical enough defensively for his size is just not a very alluring combination. Aebischer, Gross and Berni were miles better at the WJC at the same age and none of them is on the senior team right now. Sidler is hard to judge, he has more offense to his game than Zanetti and I like his compete level. But like you said he seemed really outmatched physically in this tournament already despite being on of the older players...
Berni can be a candidate though since he has had a nhl stint and is still on the roster atm if i am not mistaken. Gross is suffering from playing on this loaded Zug team(and is injured atm) if he played in another Organisation he‘d get a lot more ice time IMO. And Aebischer made some good steps in the right direction since playing for rappi but isn’t there yet…

And i agree on Zanetti being overrated i really think there are like 3 players who are 03 who would’ve deserved being drafted more than him(Biasca,Canonica and sidler)

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Agree. However the 06‘s don’t look bad depth wise IMO. 07 no clue but we will see this year. Regarding the roster choices i completely agree on Fust he‘s just not good i believe he only got a spot because he play‘s overseas. Here in Switzerland Players who play or played abroad get a bonus and get regareded as goof even if they’re not. I like that fust didn’t get invited and also stefano Bottini i didn’t really like him 2 years ago. However IMO Cavalleri, Hofer and Canonica should’ve played. Canonica could brinh some value as a 3 or even 4th line center nonetheless.

Was looking to find out more about Raymond Fust but saw very little information about him other than these old posts.

Seeing as he is once again playing a full-time role at Omaha as a sophomore that would seem to indicate his game has developed considerably.

Given his significant size, how much of an upside is there to his game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad