2022 Season Discussion Thread

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
One-keeper 10-team league drafting 9th. Modified PPR.

Jefferson is my keeper.

Trying to do a little mocking and I am projecting my first three picks as either:

Swift/Mixon + Barkley/Chubb + Sutton/Pitts

or

Swift/Mixon + Pittman/AJ Brown + Akers/Dobbins (or maybe I go QB there with Herbert/Lamar)

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
The likely scenario is RBBC then Hall's talent elevates him to workhorse at some point during the season. This is of course would only been if Hall is the player hes thought to be

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I have a chance to pick up Westbrook-ikhine, Robby Anderson, or KJ Hamler which one you think? This is a 12-team PPR where I ended up with only 4 healthy WR’s, 2 of which are Bengals (Chase and Boyd, plus Deebo and Josh Palmer). Went heavy on handcuff stashes (Herbert, Cook, Perine) and drafted Jameson Williams to IR.

Anderson gets hurt but probably has the biggest potential, Westbrook looks like he is starting the season as a WR2, Hamler has the best QB throwing to him but is a WR3

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI

Jefferson is my keeper.

Trying to do a little mocking and I am projecting my first three picks as either:

or

Swift/Mixon + Pittman/AJ Brown + Akers/Dobbins (or maybe I go QB there with Herbert/Lamar)

Thoughts?

I'd try hard for Pittman. Think he will be a stud.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
Just did my draft yesterday. Started my draft studying about 10 minutes prior. Roast away.

Attachments

• 658FFE20-B908-47E9-AC05-AB7F777CD69D.jpeg
    658FFE20-B908-47E9-AC05-AB7F777CD69D.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: tacogeoff

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Jefferson is my keeper.

or

Thoughts?
No one but me cares but I ended up doing the first option above. Barley was the last RB in which I had any confidence (and that of course comes with caveats). I do really regret not getting Pittman - I had sneaky hopes he might last but they were soon dashed. I ended up with Sutton, so my mock of the first three rounds was pretty accurate.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
In terms of QBs, I love Hurts but the ADP is climbing by the second. I'll still try to grab him but a lot of the "value" is gone. Lance would definitely be the value pick. Wilson's ADP is still quite low and you'd figure he'd be in that WB6-10 range.

In terms of the comments earlier, if you're looking to grab a serviceable one late I'd go Cousins over Tannehill without hesitation. Willis is the real deal IMO, I wouldn't be shocked if things went south there this year to see him starting by year's end.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I’m going to draft one of these three QB’s in a TD Only league where QB’s get 6 points for passing and running TDs. (No benefit for rushing TDs)

Rank these three QB’s for the week 15-17 fantasy playoff games Dec 18th through Jan 2nd. Remember TD scoring only. Which QB and schedule give the best odds of winning the league?

a) Josh Allen: MIA, @CHI, @CIN
b) Justin Herbert: TEN, @IND, LAR
c) Patrick Mahomes: @HOU, SEA, DEN

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011

Jefferson is my keeper.

or

Thoughts?

Pittman/AJ Brown for me and quite easily.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
No one but me cares but I ended up doing the first option above. Barley was the last RB in which I had any confidence (and that of course comes with caveats). I do really regret not getting Pittman - I had sneaky hopes he might last but they were soon dashed. I ended up with Sutton, so my mock of the first three rounds was pretty accurate.
Barkley that late in the third is fantastic value. Too hard to pass up.
I’m going to draft one of these three QB’s in a TD Only league where QB’s get 6 points for passing and running TDs. (No benefit for rushing TDs)

Rank these three QB’s for the week 15-17 fantasy playoff games Dec 18th through Jan 2nd. Remember TD scoring only. Which QB and schedule give the best odds of winning the league?

a) Josh Allen: MIA, @CHI, @CIN
b) Justin Herbert: TEN, @IND, LAR
c) Patrick Mahomes: @HOU, SEA, DEN
May sound crazy but I think Allen and Herbert are in a tier by themselves this year. All things equal I take Allen (but it's really close in a 6 point passing league), but if I have to take him mid second and I can get Herbert in the 3rd/4th then I'd say Herbert is the better value.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Barkley that late in the third is fantastic value. Too hard to pass up.

May sound crazy but I think Allen and Herbert are in a tier by themselves this year. All things equal I take Allen (but it's really close in a 6 point passing league), but if I have to take him mid second and I can get Herbert in the 3rd/4th then I'd say Herbert is the better value.

TD only league with 6 points passing really skews rankings. Usually TD only leagues give 4 points for a passing TD, so you’re talking nearly a 50% scoring boost for most QBs. Interestingly, some QBs do decline in relative value like Jalen Hurts where his high standard scoring ranking comes from rushing production being more valuable than passing.

I agree with you Allen and Hebert look to be in a class of their own—they are the highest +X (above replacement level) players in our entire fantasy league, ahead of Jonathan Taylor. Typically in our league 10 out of 12 teams will select a QB in the 1st or 2nd round. It’s rare to win the league without a top 5 QB. Our final four playoff teams last year had Brady, Allen, Rodgers and Herbert for example.

I had Allen and Herbert a tier above as well, decided on Allen as I think his playoff schedule is a little more favorable. I took Allen #2, the first drafter took Taylor #1, Herbert went #4. If I had skipped on a QB the best option by the time the draft snaked back to me at pick #23 would have been Dak Prescott, a significant step down imo.

Have also generally been able to get good RBs in this league as many drafters don’t adjust their rankings properly from standard scoring rules, and also don’t take their 3rd/4th RBs soon enough. Drafted a really deep RB pool with Javonte Williams, Aaron Jones, Damien Harris and Daemon Pierce. Back in the day there were a couple years where some player would draft Tiki Barber in the 1st/2nd and I’d laughingly draft Brandon Jacobs in the 8th-10th. Tiki would run for 1400 yards and 4 TDs, while Jacobs would get all the Giants goalline carries to finish around 400 yards and 10-12 TDs.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I am hoping for a big year from Aaron Jones
I think he'll have a great year, especially in half or full PPR. GB will be relying more on AJ Dillon to run the ball and with the loss of Adams and MVS there's a ton of targets up for grabs that Jones should get a hefty slice of.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
which two would you guys start wk 1?

.5 ppr league

akers vs bills
etienne vs commanders
gibson vs jags
godwin (if he plays) vs dallas

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Not the start anyone was expecting, Didn’t see if there were any injury reports on Akers before, during or after the game?
No injury, was just extremely overdrafted, not sure how he will not be hopping Henderson without an injury. Was listed as the RB2 behind Henderson a few days ago.

I’d be surprised if they never traded for Hunt or Mattison, ala Sony, but to a much bigger discrepancy, last year. Their run game has been non-existent, even winning the Super Bowl.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011

I did not draft them, but it is only been one game!

It's like James Cook. I received a notification this morning telling me that a lot of people dropped him. I don't know what people where expecting of him, but for me, when I drafted him, I knew he would not contribute week 1, and that he would maybe become a contributor later in the season.

Reactions: Paradise Circus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad