2022 Season Discussion Thread

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I’ll get it started.

One-keeper league. Can’t keep the player I kept last year.

Options are:
Justin Jefferson
Cooper Kupp
Najee Harris

I admit I’m leaning JJ. But not keeping a record-setting receiver whose situation isn’t really changing? And the benefit of keeping Najee is the depth at receiver vs the lack thereof at RB.

Thoughts?

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I think you have to keep Kupp or Jefferson.

Jefferson should see an uptick with the new staff coming from the McVay tree and he was already putting up numbers in Zimmer's 1990s offense.

Kupp should be a safe bet as well, but it will be hard to match or surpass the production he had last year it was so crazy.

But I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I’ll get it started.

One-keeper league. Can’t keep the player I kept last year.

Options are:
Justin Jefferson
Cooper Kupp
Najee Harris

I admit I’m leaning JJ. But not keeping a record-setting receiver whose situation isn’t really changing? And the benefit of keeping Najee is the depth at receiver vs the lack thereof at RB.

Thoughts?
Are there any ramifications for using your keeper like losing a draft pick or anything? Jefferson is damn good, but I think Kupp is the best option as far as fantasy plays go. Stafford loves Kupp and their uncertain RB situation should have them leaning on Kupp in short-gain situations even more.

Personally, I always go RB heavy, but if you have a guarantee to get Kupp and then can get an RB in the 1st round you're already off to a hella good start.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Are there any ramifications for using your keeper like losing a draft pick or anything? Jefferson is damn good, but I think Kupp is the best option as far as fantasy plays go. Stafford loves Kupp and their uncertain RB situation should have them leaning on Kupp in short-gain situations even more.

Personally, I always go RB heavy, but if you have a guarantee to get Kupp and then can get an RB in the 1st round you're already off to a hella good start.
No real ramifications. Every team keeps one guy, just can't be your previous year's keeper. These three are all eqwually eligible for me.

I'm with you on RB-heavy, otherwise I'd probably not even consider Najee. So yes, as you speculate, part of the decision comes down to who's available at 9, which is my draft slot. Given the depth at WR I wonder if there might be a better option at 9 than at RB. I can't know that yet, so I'm just sort of looking for thoughts on these guys in a vacuum.

Thanks.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
No real ramifications. Every team keeps one guy, just can't be your previous year's keeper. These three are all eqwually eligible for me.

I'm with you on RB-heavy, otherwise I'd probably not even consider Najee. So yes, as you speculate, part of the decision comes down to who's available at 9, which is my draft slot. Given the depth at WR I wonder if there might be a better option at 9 than at RB. I can't know that yet, so I'm just sort of looking for thoughts on these guys in a vacuum.

Thanks.
Hmm Picking 9th puts you in an interesting spot. All of your keepers are realistically in the 4-7 overall range so it's hard to differentiate but there will also be guys using other keepers, so it's pretty hard to estimate who will be on the board.

When is your draft taking place?

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
Not sur what to do with my last bench spot for now. I hesitate between Justin Fields, Derek Carr, and Robert Tonyan, since my RBs and WR depth are good enough. I want a high upside player, in case my QB1 (Murray) or my TE1 (Thomas) doesn't work out.

I do not want a safe player, since there is plenty of safe players in FA (both at QB and TE) to pick from in case I need someone during the season.

For now, I am leaning on Tonyan, and hope one of him and Thomas is ready week one.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Not sur what to do with my last bench spot for now. I hesitate between Justin Fields, Derek Carr, and Robert Tonyan, since my RBs and WR depth are good enough. I want a high upside player, in case my QB1 (Murray) or my TE1 (Thomas) doesn't work out.

I do not want a safe player, since there is plenty of safe players in FA (both at QB and TE) to pick from in case I need someone during the season.

For now, I am leaning on Tonyan, and hope one of him and Thomas is ready week one.
Tonyan is probably the guy you're looking for if you want a high upside TE. Can't imagine there would be anyone else with more upside than him still available at the TE position.

Reactions: Yarice

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

If you’re willing to have this be a guy who could boom or bust, perhaps Friermuth is your guy?

Reactions: Yarice

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
So just started looking at rankings for 2022 and I think I’m gonna haven’t go QB early because I don’t like many of those guys.

Anybody like a guy for a sleeper this year?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So just started looking at rankings for 2022 and I think I’m gonna haven’t go QB early because I don’t like many of those guys.

Hurts is going to have a monster year, hes going around the 6th/7th

Trey Lance is going to have a big year with his rushing floor and YAC weapons.

If Allen doesn’t make it back to me in the 3rd I’m waiting on Hurts

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
We have a general season discussion pinned.

I have no idea how Zeke is falling so far, but I'm hoping it sticks until my draft. He's still really good and the Cowboys will run their offense through him. If you can get him in the 3rd round it could be a league winner.

As for Saquon he's a great back, but I just can't trust his health or the Giants as a whole.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014

Tannehill is a great sleeper QB pick, not getting the respect he deserves. He's got sneaky rushing upside. Here are his rushing stats for the last 3 seasons.

2019 - 12 Games, 43 Attempts, 185 Yards, 4 TDs QB21 (52 points behind outside of top 10 w/ only 12 games)
2020 - 16 Games, 43 Attempts, 266 Yards, 7 TDs QB7
2021 - 17 Games, 55 Attempts, 270 Yards, 7 TDs QB13 (with Henry missing time and bad WR composition)

Even with mediocre passing his rushing upside makes him a weekly threat...

I think their passing game will be re-ignited with the introduction of Robert Woods and Treylon Burks. If Henry stays health and draws defensive focus then they could be in for a huge offensive year.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Tannehill is a great sleeper QB pick, not getting the respect he deserves. He's got sneaky rushing upside. Here are his rushing stats for the last 3 seasons.

2019 - 12 Games, 43 Attempts, 185 Yards, 4 TDs QB21 (52 points behind outside of top 10 w/ only 12 games)
2020 - 16 Games, 43 Attempts, 266 Yards, 7 TDs QB7
2021 - 17 Games, 55 Attempts, 270 Yards, 7 TDs QB13 (with Henry missing time and bad WR composition)

Even with mediocre passing his rushing upside makes him a weekly threat...

I think their passing game will be re-ignited with the introduction of Robert Woods and Treylon Burks. If Henry stays health and draws defensive focus then they could be in for a huge offensive year.
I agree that his td conversion rate on his rushes def gives him a solid upside and allows you to get a 11-16 qb very late in the draft.

not sleepers but if they drop in the draft

i am almost interested in taking a flyer on kyler as his stock seems to be falling quite a bit in my mock drafts. if he can return to 2020 form he may be a great qb to snatch.

Russel Wilson with Denver as well could be a great snatch if he drops in drafts.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
My 2022 fantasy team:

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Derek Carr
RB: Aaron Jones, Tony Pollard, Deejay Dallas
WR: AJ Brown, Hunter Renfrow, Adam Thielen
TE: TJ Hockenson, Mike Gesicki, Noah Fant
Kickers: Justin Tucker, Evan McPherson
Defense: Baltimore Ravens, Pittsburgh Steelers

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
My 2022 fantasy team:

Yea, good luck

As for QBs, I would avoid Tannehill. Cousins is a better late round pick than him but guys to target are Wilson, Hurts and Lance. Unless you want to draft high and snag Allen in the 3rd should he make it there or Kyler

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
Just did my draft for a 10 team league with bigger than usual rosters, and just offense (1QB, 3WR, 3RB, 2TE, 2 Flex and 1 SuperFlex).

My results are:
QB: Patrick Mahomes, Kyler Murray, Trevor Lawrence and Marcus Mariota
RB: D'Andre Swift, Leonard Fournette, Antonio Gibson, Miles Sanders and James Cook
WR: DJ Moore, Amon-Ra St-Brown, Elijah Moore, Garrett Wilson, Jameson Williams, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Skyy Moore and Jahan Dotson
TE: TJ Hockenson, Hunter Henry and Logan Thomas

I like my team. QBs are my strong point, Mahomes and Murray are probably the two players that will help me win my matchups the most. RBs are good, considering they are not my strong point, but they are one injury away from being kind of meh. WRs have a lot of depth, like I like to do most of the time. Some will hit, some will bust. TE are a little bit weak, I will probably try to improve them during the season

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
My 2022 fantasy team:

Is that a 20 person league?

It must be mandatory to pick 2 K and D?