2022 QMJHL Draft

hkyNS

May 3, 2022
Halifornia, NS
Given the connection with the organization, I can see Halifax taking Kennedy at # 6. As for Crosby, there were better players avail last year at 20 and to trade up for made no sense, he would have still been avail later in 2nd round. Given their current roster..combined with a top 10 pick and some Euro luck, Crosby will have a tough time cracking the top 6.
I think that unlike Crosby, Kennedy is a top 10 pick so his connections probably won't affect his stock to much maybe by a pick or 2.

Prospectsfinest

Jan 24, 2020
Has Mailman made a comment on here not advocating for Pierzche. Was ok nothing special. Man don’t be so obvious. Great to see the best on best head to head. Should change a few lists.
Man you called out the mailman and he’s disappeared for almost two weeks lol. Guess the combo of people realizing what he’s doing and the kid being average at the big tournament has him slowed up.

Prospectsfinest

Jan 24, 2020
I figured mailman out pretty quickly but on his upside, he never really trashed other kids to make his point, he merely kept telling us the top kids….but Peitzche always got the extra adjectives lol.

I think back to the 2005 group and one guy absolutely loved 200ft gritty players (Senter) but hated small skill soft players (Squires). At least mailman kept it clean.

hkyNS

May 3, 2022
Halifornia, NS
I figured mailman out pretty quickly but on his upside, he never really trashed other kids to make his point, he merely kept telling us the top kids….but Peitzche always got the extra adjectives lol.

I think back to the 2005 group and one guy absolutely loved 200ft gritty players (Senter) but hated small skill soft players (Squires). At least mailman kept it clean.
there's a reason why Squires is in the league already and Sentner is playing jr B, that guy was also probably Sentner or his dad because thats a pretty random player to pump tires on.

there's a reason why Squires is in the league already and Sentner is playing jr B, that guy was also probably Sentner or his dad because thats a pretty random player to pump tires on.

Mailman625

Sep 14, 2021
Nope your all wrong , I’m a scout that scouts in Nova Scotia and that’s the kid I like best plus others I mention , there is no need to bash other kids on here it’s all opinion based . My mom passed away on may 3rd of cancer , didn’t really think about this site , thanks for the bashing , thought this was a hockey talk forum I’ll be signing off !!

Lap2000

Sep 7, 2019
Cape Breton
@Mailman625 Sorry for your loss. I personally didn't notice your extreme bias although everyone who is passionate has bias. I'm biased as well and sometimes I realize it and sometimes I don't :) Peitzche is a quality player with first round potential so I'm not sure why people are jumping all over you. Sure you have him higher then I do, but I'm typically wrong on a few players by a couple of rounds in some cases :)

Reactions: Prospect Tracker

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
@Mailman625 Sorry for your loss. I personally didn't notice your extreme bias although everyone who is passionate has bias. I'm biased as well and sometimes I realize it and sometimes I don't :) Peitzche is a quality player with first round potential so I'm not sure why people are jumping all over you. Sure you have him higher then I do, but I'm typically wrong on a few players by a couple of rounds in some cases :)

Peitzsche will be a solid pick between #10 and #25 probably in the draft. Pretty solid player.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
The draft just under 2 months away....lots of great story lines to come. The D'Aigle saga is one of the most interesting ones, .I still think there is still a good chance he goes #1 overall and I feel the Sags will be working hard to move up to get him.
D'Aigle i think will go 1st overall....IMO he is the best goalie since Roberto Luongo...hard to pass him up IMO...if he does not go 1st someone is getting a franchise goalie at a steal. He is the best player talent wise in this draft.

TJHKY

Aug 10, 2021
I see Yejune Eom is ranked, Would he be eligble since he is from south korea.
He ranked Round 13+. Even he got drafted, he may not play in the Q.
He is listed as from Halifax, so he is eligible.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
If the season ended today...the draft order would look pretty close to this for the top 10. Now picks 1-3 will change based on the lottery but CB can not fall lower then #3.

Looking at Lap2000's list (which I do like BTW) , I see the CB pick as being a key piece for a Maritimer to jump the ranks. If they get #1, D'Aigle is on the table, if he is gone, I see them taking Shields, Philips or Gill.

I can't see Victo passing on D'Aigle if they get #1 pick, BC could flip D'Aigle if the price is right. Halifax will be in the Mix to grab a Maritimer as with their top 10 pick.

1 – Cape Breton

2 – Victoriaville

3 – Baie Comeau

4 – Rouyn

5 – Chicoutimi

6 – Halifax (via Moncton)

7 – Baie Comeau (via Val d’Or)

8 – Blainville

9 – Drummondville

10 – Cape Breton (via Halifax)
Cape Breton goalies are both 18 and they have no chance at being good next year or probably year after so not so sure they trade this pick unless it's for a haul.Its also a franchise known for great goalies

Reactions: Brady jersey

Lap2000

Sep 7, 2019
Cape Breton
A couple of surprises for me but overall the list looks as expected. I thought Kearsey would come in on the rankings higher. At the very top I did have D'aigle and Poirer and felt confident with that :)

Seems like a bit weaker draft class for the Maritimes in 06 then 05.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
A couple of surprises for me but overall the list looks as expected. I thought Kearsey would come in on the rankings higher. At the very top I did have D'aigle and Poirer and felt confident with that :)

Seems like a bit weaker draft class for the Maritimes in 06 then 05.

Not many high-end prospects coming from the NBPEI league this year. Gill, Arseneault and Richard would be the guys I expect going in the first two rounds. Nova Scotia was fine.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Pretty good Telus Cup for Gill and Richard. I think they secured their selection rank: Gill in 1st round and Richard in 2nd round.

I was a bit surprised to see Richard in the third round on the CSR list. Clearly better than some of those round 2 defensemen. Has been good all year, was very good at the QMJHL Cup, and good again at the Telus Cup.

He's as safe as it gets to be able to become a QMJHL player. Probably becomes a solid mid-pair guy who can eat a lot of minutes in many situations.

Brady jersey

Feb 1, 2022
i think cape breton should pick D'aigle as they have first pick and trade one of their 18 year old goalies cause of too old for a cup run.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
i think cape breton should pick D'aigle as they have first pick and trade one of their 18 year old goalies cause of too old for a cup run.
Their two goalies were actually 17 this season. They are in the right age group. I think Cap Breton needs an elite offensive threat to be honest. If Poirier wants to go, they need that guy.

I'd be pretty excited to have Squires, Patterson and Poirier going forward.

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
Their two goalies were actually 17 this season. They are in the right age group. I think Cap Breton needs an elite offensive threat to be honest. If Poirier wants to go, they need that guy.

I'd be pretty excited to have Squires, Patterson and Poirier going forward.
They don't look that bad on defence with Buteau, Perron and Daigle. They also might sell Langlois for a good prospect or a high pick if they don't plan to keep him until his overaged year.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
They don't look that bad on defence with Buteau, Perron and Daigle. They also might sell Langlois for a good prospect or a high pick if they don't plan to keep him until his overaged year.

Yes, and Shortall can still play a couple years there, Squires as well. I actually have in mind that they'll try to pick Poirier and then Kearsey with their second first rounder. Their defense would be set with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad