NHL 2022-out of town thread - Hall of Famer Borje Salming passes away at 71

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Not looking good when you’re a 23 year old forward coming off an 18 goal season and no one will sign you.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
That's a bad ass move. Probably all in good fun (Reynold's seems like a good guy) but mega movie star buys you a round of drinks and 22 or so of you say "yeah, no thanks.... we're gonna just pass those over to the girls celebrating a bachelorette party."

Very few people on the planet wouldn't swoon like shit and say "ooooh.... Ryan Reynolds just bought us drinks!!!!". Bruins: "yeah, whatever".

:laugh:

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
The rumors must be true of him then.

If so. He can rot.
If the rumors are true about him personally, I agree completely.

If the rumors are true about him personally and he is getting frozen out because he reportedly can "prove" things about high profile NHL'ers then he, Gary Bettman, and the entire NHL boys club can go f*** themselves.

I hope that's not the case. However, my trust of the NHL doing the right thing on these sorts of things hinges on what they legally can get away with -- not any sort of ethics or impetus to do the right thing. That ship sailed for me a long time ago.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
That's a bad ass move. Probably all in good fun (Reynold's seems like a good guy) but mega movie star buys you a round of drinks and 22 or so of you say "yeah, no thanks.... we're gonna just pass those over to the girls celebrating a bachelorette party."

Very few people on the planet wouldn't swoon like shit and say "ooooh.... Ryan Reynolds just bought us drinks!!!!". Bruins: "yeah, whatever".

:laugh:
From what I remember via word of mouth restaurant folk - it was more of a peace offering to try and diffuse the situation.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
This is 512 penalties too many. There is no room in hockey for this.

The U15 number is just staggering.

Of the 512 penalties for verbal discrimination, which contravenes Hockey Canada’s Rule 11.4, 152 were called in the Ontario Hockey Federation, followed by 81 by Hockey Alberta game officials and 71 in Hockey Eastern Ontario.

U18 leagues were responsible for 55 per cent of the discrimination penalties, followed by U15 leagues with 27 per cent.

Hockey Canada said 61 per cent of discrimination penalties were for offenses related to sexual orientation or gender identity and 18 per cent were related to race. Ninety-nine per cent of discrimination penalties were assessed to male players.

Hockey Canada said there were also 415 allegations of discrimination in which referees or other officials did not hear or witness the alleged offenses. Of those allegations, 37 per cent were considered unsubstantiated, 18 per cent led to suspensions, and 17 per cent resulted in written warnings.

• Wow
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I havent followed it too close but just once it'd be good to see someone step up take responsibility and try to get right with the world. Own up, do the work and set an example.
Exactly but if none of them have by now then I doubt they will at all.

The good news is that no one signed the kid which is a step in the right direction and hopefully the Bruins situation prevented another team from screwing up.

Reactions: Over the volcano

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Refs in Ducks game making up rules. Gibson picked puck up in OT by crease & threw it out for odd man break and a whistle for penalty. Ducks coach pissed as he should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad