NHL 2022-out of town thread - Hall of Famer Borje Salming passes away at 71

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The only thing I am sure of is there will be a few teams that made the playoffs in the East last year won't in 2023. Washington seems certain to miss at this point but I also can see a massive fight for playoff sports in the spring.

:popcorn:

View attachment 614350

Early days of course but I think Boston and Toronto are basically locks for the top 2 spots in the Atlantic, and NJ is looking very comfortable in the Metro. I can't see the Canes missing out either despite their recent struggles. Way too much talent there. Tampa are fading but they will surely still qualify this season. After that it's pretty open, and the Bruins' first round opponent could be one of 7-8 teams. I think most probably the Habs, Sabres, Flyers, Caps and Sens will struggle to win consistently enough to earn a playoff spot, leaving the Isles, Red Wings, Pens, Panthers and Rangers to fight it out for 3 places.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Rangers are 10-13 going by Wins & Losses

Gifting 2 high picks and Fox, Trouba, and Paneran picking or forcing their way to NY

I thought this was a 100-110 point team and maybe they will

I’m Drury I go after Kane - Chicago can retain 50% and take a body back with contract to get done

The little battle between Devils, Rangers and Islanders interesting

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Jason Robertson best winger in hockey ?

Gotta give @DominicT on this - he started telling me how good this guy was feels like when Robertson was 10. He went in the second round and Dom spent a lot of hours leading up to the draft telling me the Bruins need to get him

The three guys since I been here I heard over and over the Bruins should get are

@Colt.45Orr in 2003 with Shae Weber
@Saxon Eric in 2008 with John Carlson

Colt kept telling me about Weber being a guy worth a first and huge mistake taking Mark Stuart over

Eric was all over Carlson and I was at a Bruins Draft party and right before they tske Colborne he calls me and says don’t F up - Carlson !!!!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The Devils are going to F the Rangers up psychologically

‘It’s supposed to be (Rangers)’

Islanders- Sonny
Rangers- Fredo
Devils - Michael

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The Devils are going to F the Rangers up psychologically

‘It’s supposed to be (Rangers)’

Islanders- Sonny
Rangers- Fredo
Devils - Michael

I doubt I'm the only one, but I thought the Rangers start this year would be much closer to what the Bruins are doing, than what they are.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I doubt I'm the only one, but I thought the Rangers start this year would be much closer to what the Bruins are doing, than what they are.
Both the Rangers board and a friend who is a Ranger fan want "drastic change." I do not see where they can make one-except the coach.

Early days of course but I think Boston and Toronto are basically locks for the top 2 spots in the Atlantic, and NJ is looking very comfortable in the Metro. I can't see the Canes missing out either despite their recent struggles. Way too much talent there. Tampa are fading but they will surely still qualify this season. After that it's pretty open, and the Bruins' first round opponent could be one of 7-8 teams. I think most probably the Habs, Sabres, Flyers, Caps and Sens will struggle to win consistently enough to earn a playoff spot, leaving the Isles, Red Wings, Pens, Panthers and Rangers to fight it out for 3 places.
Right now, we play the Penguins, which is not a matchup I would want. ... Curious to see how we do against the Isles as well.

Gifu

Dec 17, 2021
Please sign Pasta…like right now.

Really good deal from Dallas. Includes many UFA years. I'd gladly take Hintz on that deal to the Bruins anytime. Top center at that price and the cap hit will rise in the coming years.
But as you said: SIGN PASTA!
EDIT: Injuries are a minor concern. There have been a few. But that risk is part of hockey.

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Both the Rangers board and a friend who is a Ranger fan want "drastic change." I do not see where they can make one-except the coach.

Right now, we play the Penguins, which is not a matchup I would want. ... Curious to see how we do against the Isles as well.

The Rangers have definitely been disappointing so far but I think their fans need to persevere and keep the faith for a bit longer yet before demanding any significant change. This is still the same team that made the conference finals last year, with only a couple of minor differences, and Gallant is a good coach. Perhaps they need to try and made a trade to shake things up a bit. They also need to accept the fact that Shesterkin is no longer playing god-tier in net, at least for now, and adjust accordingly.

Pens I would be quite confident against in the playoffs - they haven't got out of the 1st round since 2018 and I don't see that they're any better than they have been in the last few years. Always a tough out, but I'd fancy the Bruins chances against them. Isles would be a challenge, not so much on raw talent as they're good at playing tight-checking, battle-every-shift hockey that suits the postseason. Think the Bruins may have all the pieces now to break them open, but curious to see how we match up against them in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: Si Hopkins

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Was looking forward tonight's Kraken-Kings game for several days. These two teams have been exciting to watch this season. Kraken on a 5-game winning streak and 2nd in the division. Kings in 3rd.

Goal bonanza in the first pd. 3-3. Lots of special teams. Not sure if either team can fend off the Oilers and Flames by the end of the season. So far the Pacific has been very interesting. Haven't been able to say that in a while.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Now 8-6 Kraken after 2 pds. 8 total goals scored that pd. Bet the Kings wished they didn't pull Quick after the Kraken's second goal.

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
What a crazy game

Had to laugh as one of the Seattle announcers said this is pure shinny hockey and the Twitterverse didn't understand....... :biglaugh:

1669789251126.png

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Adam Larsson (isn't he the one guy Hall was once traded for? lol) was -4 for the winning team 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: KWbruin

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Adam Larsson (isn't he the one guy Hall was once traded for? lol) was -4 for the winning team 🤣

I had a couple injuries in my hockey pool so I picked up Larsson yesterday to fill the spots and I almost choked when I saw he ended up a -4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad