NHL 2022-out of town thread - Hall of Famer Borje Salming passes away at 71

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Props to Nazem Kadri, Anthony Duclair and Akim Aliu for speaking out against Steve Simmons.

The league should ban him from covering the sport. There is no room for racism in hockey or society.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Props to Nazem Kadri, Anthony Duclair and Akim Aliu for speaking out against Steve Simmons.

The league should ban him from covering the sport. There is no room for racism in hockey or society.

Aliu's career has nothing to do with his personal experience with other players and employees while in that career. His story is no less because he is not a Hall of Famer.

Yet I find it a sad commentary on humanity that his story would be louder and more impactful if he was :(

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Aliu's career has nothing to do with his personal experience with other players and employees while in that career. His story is no less because he is not a Hall of Famer.

Yet I find it a sad commentary on humanity that his story would be louder and more impactful if he was :(
I firmly believe things went the way they did because of the experiences he had. There was no way for him to make it stop and it just made him angry and combative. The coaches and environment he was in preyed on his vulnerability and being an outcast and made sure he would never succeed.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Simmons has long been a massive hack and a king sized DB, it was only going to be a matter of time that he slipped up in real time, disgusting POS

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles

Wayne Simmonds comments on it were good too

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
forgot how much Ferraro annoyed me.

I was no Eddie Olczyk fan, but at least he would occasionally say something worth saying.

In more than a decade of listening to Ferraro, I don’t think I’ve ever heard him say anything interesting or thought provoking. It’s like listening to sports radio during the off-season. Just dragged out cliche nothing burgers over and over and over again.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
F these digital ads on the boards.

I have to admit that I really haven’t noticed them beyond when I was watching out for it at the beginning of the game.

ESPN is really into doing these monologue segments.

They even had the referee do one. I’ll be waiting for my call. I could throw something together.

On the bright side, Chelios seems to have figured out how to complete a sentence.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
It's only day one I know, but the Rangers are going to be a very very good team. Tons of pace, lots of offensive skill, tough enough for the modern league, defense probably lacks depth but they have the best goalie in the league to cover a lot of blushes. They stay healthy and they can go far.

Reactions: BMC

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
It's only day one I know, but the Rangers are going to be a very very good team. Tons of pace, lots of offensive skill, tough enough for the modern league, defense probably lacks depth but they have the best goalie in the league to cover a lot of blushes. They stay healthy and they can go far.
Their d has better than average depth with Jones and Schneider, solid all through.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
If this is how the refs are going to be, I hope the Bs have worked hard on special teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad