NHL 2022-out of town thread - Hall of Famer Borje Salming passes away at 71

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Props to him to turn people's pearl clutching into something useful like Hurricane Ian relief

Great move. Jack's comments, while in jest, do not align with the values this team abides by. Shame that this is the second negative story to hit the Bruins around bullying this season. You'd think everyone would be on their best behavior after the miller debacle.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Great move. Jack's comments, while in jest, do not align with the values this team abides by. Shame that this is the second negative story to hit the Bruins around bullying this season. You'd think everyone would be on their best behavior after the miller debacle.
Give me a f***ing break. They aren't comparable in any way.

ECBBW

Jun 29, 2014
Sydney
Greetings Bruins fans!

devils fan here in peace (really In peace)

Im watching this interview with PatriceBergeron and I just think he’s the best. I think we may have a bit of a Bergeron with Nico. I hope so.much to prove of course but they both seem like true gentleman with a lot of talent.

I hope we can keep it up and meet the Bruins in the post season. What a series that could be! You have big rivals with the Habs and the Leafs (and i prefer the Bruins to those douchebags) so I wish you well.

cheers!

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Laughs scaring me a bit.

They're a very good regular season team, we know that. So they should be with the amount of talent they have up front. But as always with the Leafs the playoffs are their Everest. It already looks highly unlikely that Boston and Toronto will face off in the 1st round. If by some miracle they actually finally get through that, and we do too, then perhaps we'll do business together and we'll see what happens. But that's a long way off yet.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
They're a very good regular season team, we know that. So they should be with the amount of talent they have up front. But as always with the Leafs the playoffs are their Everest. It already looks highly unlikely that Boston and Toronto will face off in the 1st round. If by some miracle they actually finally get through that, and we do too, then perhaps we'll do business together and we'll see what happens. But that's a long way off yet.
100%. Until they can show and prove that they can graduate beyond being 1st round dropouts, it will be same as its been the past 18 yrs.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013

They play good team defense now. Better team then they’ve been in a while.

But so are we.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
They play good team defense now. Better team then they’ve been in a while.

But so are we.

Yeah they are, and that trend started last season. They're probably still short on raw talent on D, but at least Keefe now has the team buying into the importance of solid defense and good structure. The Leafs were probably unlucky to cop Tampa in the 1st round last year, and they looked and played more like a playoff team in that series than they have done for a long time. They build on that and perhaps they might go places. But they still have to actually do it, and until then it's all just a long waiting game now in many ways.

Same, in their own fashion, goes for the Bruins. Both teams already know they're almost guaranteed to be playing in the postseason. It's just about getting there in the best possible shape.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad