2022 Offseason Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Wow that 3rd line is going to be a black hole
IIRC the Benn/Guri combo always had pretty good possession stats, if not the goals we all want. If Faksa can rebound, it has the potential to be the checking line with some scoring ability. Actually, all of them would have to rebound a bit in PD's system, but we can hope. If we take the recent best goals for each it might be 18-15-20 for a total of 53 goals for that as a line. Probably won't happen quite as nice as that, but again.....its preseason and we can hope.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Perhaps Johnston isn't playing in the game tomorrow, but if he is then no clue why he wouldn't be on a PP unit. Might not make the roster after all? Especially with Dellandrea returning earlier than expected

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Perhaps Johnston isn't playing in the game tomorrow, but if he is then no clue why he wouldn't be on a PP unit. Might not make the roster after all? Especially with Dellandrea returning earlier than expected

Wouldn't be surprising. I don't think any of the big three are NHL ready quite yet, but the AHL rule screws Johnston and Stankoven. Probably makes more sense to try folks together who are definitely gonna be on the roster and maybe work Johnston in on the fly if/when he gets a few games to start the season.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

I would assume Delladrea would be non-contact first ? Dunno . He's aparently been skating this whole time too but i was not under the impression he'd be ready for the first couple of games

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010

Typically rookies have to establish themselves 5 on 5 before they get a shot on the PP.

Doesn't sit well with vets when rookies don't go through the ropes first and earn their spot.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
IIRC the Benn/Guri combo always had pretty good possession stats, if not the goals we all want. If Faksa can rebound, it has the potential to be the checking line with some scoring ability. Actually, all of them would have to rebound a bit in PD's system, but we can hope. If we take the recent best goals for each it might be 18-15-20 for a total of 53 goals for that as a line. Probably won't happen quite as nice as that, but again.....its preseason and we can hope.
It's one of those things where I really hope I'm wrong, but don't have much faith in any of the 3.

skygodz187

Feb 15, 2015
I wonder if there is a trade brewing?
Heard three teams ears starting ringing when Dobby hit the waiver wire.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I wonder if there is a trade brewing?
Heard three teams ears starting ringing when Dobby hit the waiver wire.

Who in the world wants 36 year old goalie coming off hip surgery that looked like shit in pre-season after he was already bad in his last 2 years and costs $3.333333M as a Caphit and costs more actual money than his caphit ( $3.75M )

Reactions: LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If there was a reasonable trade to be made involving Khudobin, it would’ve been done by now.

It is what it is. The cap is fine, he’s in the minors, doesn’t matter much anymore.

Reactions: Dallasman

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
If there was a reasonable trade to be made involving Khudobin, it would’ve been done by now.

It is what it is. The cap is fine, he’s in the minors, doesn’t matter much anymore.

You mean Khudobin won't be blocking the stellar goalie prospects we've got in the AHL? :sarcasm:

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
There's cheaper bad goalies out there to help with that . Meaning Stars would have to add and we don't have our 1st rounder to trade this year.
Dumping khudobin wouldn't take a 1st anyway. It's irrelevant though, because if that was an option, they'd have done it by now and not waited this long

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Dumping khudobin wouldn't take a 1st anyway. It's irrelevant though, because if that was an option, they'd have done it by now and not waited this long

Indeed . If there was anyone out there even remotely interested it would've happened by now. Would've make the Robertson contract easier

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
How did Columbus get the nod for the Global Series in Finland over Dallas? Tf

serp

Jan 17, 2016

You know why

FBxiS1DUUAI5bGZ.jpg

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I get that they want to try to ice the best possible team for winning now but this team is gonna suck either way . There’s nothing that’s happened in the off season to think this team is any better than a wildcard team . Play the young guys . Let them play with Robertson and hintz while there in there prime . You have a team with a lot of shelter for young guys . The only way to climb over that hurdle of being a wildcard team is to suck for a bit , but get the right guys experience .

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
We tried to trade Khduobin last season, his value has since tanked even further. NO one is dumb enough to take him without us giving up serious assets.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Laine, sure, but probably more importantly: Jarmo Kekalainen.

I'm a Jackets fan, but I agree. The missed trick is Carolina vs Dallas in Finland. The teams for Prague were also strange choices, to be fair.

Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad