GDT: 2022 NHL Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I don't understand this - 2 years ago we were saying the same thing about McCloud/Smith/Boqvist/Kuokkanen/Maltsev/Foote/etc. knocking on the door. "Oh look at all the picks we got for Palms/Hall/Coleman!"

Why do we keep kicking the rebuild timing down the road every failed season?

Is it really Hughes and Nemec we're waiting for now? In 2 years will it be X and Y when we don't get free agent Z?

The perpetual rebuild of the New Jersey Devils

we arent seriously comparing the bolded to what we have now

right? RIGHT?

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
The JG always seemed like a long shot felt we were always on the verge of losing out. We were on edge waiting for Philly to clear space. End of the day it seems he didn't want to be in the metro area that's his choice to make for his family.

Moving on were a better team today than we were yesterday. 3c I thought wad a huge question mark, we filled it nicely. Added some experience on the back end to help insulate some kids. That's important. I doubt we're done, is there a super star out there to go get ? Probably not. But we'll be better

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
the-sopranos-hes-gotta-go.gif
the-sopranos-tony-soprano.gif

To him and his lock.

Just kidding.. kind of.

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
I don’t know what could be worse than ten years of mediocrity…other than you know, ten years of hopeless losing and seasons being over in January
Come back to reality and realize where we were when this all started. Why does this need to be rehashed every year? Nobody was in a worse spot than we were in hockey come 2015. This was never going to be easy. This isn't NHL 22.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Yeah, let's be a treadmill team instead just so we can arbitrarily make the playoffs. Being a treadmill team is the last place you want to be.

Step away from the internet and go outside.
Instead of a treadmill team we get to be pathetic basement dwellers for 10+ years. Hurray?

I think Fitz is better than Ray was but at the same time I’m not particularly impressed with his work as a GM so far either. He’s just kind of “meh” so far.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Come back to reality and realize where we were when this all started. Why does this need to be rehashed every year? Nobody was in a worse spot than we were in hockey come 2015. This was never going to be easy. This isn't NHL 22.

They will never understand this. You can't explain it to them. They will never get it. It's just poking the franchise with a stick and asking 'Why no win now?'

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The JG always seemed like a long shot felt we were always on the verge of losing out. We were on edge waiting for Philly to clear space. End of the day it seems he didn't want to be in the metro area that's his choice to make for his family.

Moving on were a better team today than we were yesterday. 3c I thought wad a huge question mark, we filled it nicely. Added some experience on the back end to help insulate some kids. That's important. I doubt we're done, is there a super star out there to go get ? Probably not. But we'll be better
It was a long shot till like eight hours ago when the Flyers waved the white flag. Then we got boned, even freaking Sam Kazan and Catherine Bogart were pretty much acting like it was an inevitability JG was coming here. Then we get hit with the Ali phantom punch out of Columbus and that was it

Reactions: glenwo2

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
So...

Sharangovich-Hughes-Holtz
Bratt-Hischier-Mercer
Haula-Boqvist-Zetterlund
Wood/Tatar/Johnsson-McLeod-Bastian

We still need to figure out what we are doing with Johnsson I suppose.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
It was a long shot till like eight hours ago when the Flyers waved the white flag. Then we got boned, even freaking Sam Kazan and Catherine Bogart were pretty much acting like it was an inevitability JG was coming here. Then we get hit with the Ali phantom punch out of Columbus and that was it

okay, and? There are other players available, both in FA and via trade. The season is 3 months away.

There is no sense in getting hysterical over this. Its a bad look.

Reactions: Guttersniped

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
They will never understand this. You can't explain it to them. They will never get it. It's just poking the franchise with a stick and asking 'Why no win now?'
Yep. There's a reason why I rarely post here. I post on another site in a sub-forum where we have actual constructive conversation about the Devils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad