Injury Report: 2022 NFL season injury thread

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I'm curious to see if the investigation turns anything up.

There's definitely a possibility everyone straight up missed it. Tua popped up off the field as if nothing was wrong and while those 3 INTs were horrendous, he had already thrown a couple similarly ugly ones in the last couple weeks.

Not ideal but i would prefer heads to roll if the investigation comes back with evidence suggesting the Dolphins somehow knew.
This is one where I'd have more sympathy had a league concussion spotter pulled him off the field to have a check or had the Dolphins recognized how he hit his head and checked him during halftime. If you do your tests and he passes, then you can say you did your best only to have his symptoms pop up later. That's understandable.

But no one looked.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
While i'm not going to bag on the guy, there is something that needs to be said for Tua. He falls in the ugliest ways possible. Generally when he gets put on the ground, he hits it hard.

Every time he gets sacked you can hear Dolphins fans gasp because it looks like he might not get up.

Given he is competitive as shit (and still on his rookie deal), Tua will be back. First order of business is to get his ass to someone who can teach him to fall properly. Tom Brady has gone on record saying he studied Judo in order to help with exactly this. Can't argue with results given Brady has played 23 years with the only significant injury being the ACL tear and it likely prevented him from suffering more concussions outside of the ones he's admitted to.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
While i'm not going to bag on the guy, there is something that needs to be said for Tua. He falls in the ugliest ways possible. Generally when he gets put on the ground, he hits it hard.

Every time he gets sacked you can hear Dolphins fans gasp because it looks like he might not get up.

Given he is competitive as shit (and still on his rookie deal), Tua will be back. First order of business is to get his ass to someone who can teach him to fall properly. Tom Brady has gone on record saying he studied Judo in order to help with exactly this. Can't argue with results given Brady has played 23 years with the only significant injury being the ACL tear and it likely prevented him from suffering more concussions outside of the ones he's admitted to.
It’s definitely something that All QBs should look into as Brady has managed to last that long in the NFL. The last 2 hits on Tua that caused the concussions were clean tackles. Nothing dirty about the Cincy or Packers ones. You have 270 to 330 lb DL trying to tackle you while trying to protect the football. Not much you can do if they wrap up your arms and toss you down but if you have both hands free you have to figure out ways to cushion the landing to the turf.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

You bring up something I remember a guy saying about him in college where Tua took a ton of hard hits. Him moving around is a big part of his game. We see Mahomes moving around to extend plays, but he's far more slippery and takes a lot less hard contact. The thing is I don't know if you can teach it.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
You bring up something I remember a guy saying about him in college where Tua took a ton of hard hits. Him moving around is a big part of his game. We see Mahomes moving around to extend plays, but he's far more slippery and takes a lot less hard contact. The thing is I don't know if you can teach it.
You have to wonder if playing for such a juggernaut like Alabama did him a disservice, too. Like how many hits was he really having to take in college with that OL and those skill position players? He played maybe two or three games a year where the defense was as good as his guys? Now he gets to the NFL and he never really learned how to take a hit without slamming his head on the ground.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
You have to wonder if playing for such a juggernaut like Alabama did him a disservice, too. Like how many hits was he really having to take in college with that OL and those skill position players? He played maybe two or three games a year where the defense was as good as his guys? Now he gets to the NFL and he never really learned how to take a hit without slamming his head on the ground.
Mac Jones seemed to be surviving fine with similar mobility. Hurts is a different animal. And Young is smaller than Tua.

But I would definitely look into the things that Brady does to have longevity. If he’s doing judo or something then that’s some JT hint to look into so that you can figure out how to both protect the ball while still lessening the impact when you get tackled.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021

Season's over.
The Jets are in total freefall and are already eliminated, it's not at all out of the question to beat them with Thompson IMO.

Buffalo will either fall apart going forward or are going to be crazy motivated and terrifying. NE struggles against them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

I would think that rules him out for Sunday.

And if I was a Ravens fan, I'd be quite concerned he won't be ready for the playoffs.

Ravens are in the PO. At most it’s seeding for them. At this point in time they don’t even know if this game is worth anything else to them.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Potentially interesting development coming out of the Jets today;

Imagine Streveler gets the start and dicks down the Dolphins.

You don't have to, because that's exactly what's going to happen.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

I would think that rules him out for Sunday.

And if I was a Ravens fan, I'd be quite concerned he won't be ready for the playoffs.

Gotta think Lamar has lost quite a bit of money, he should've signed his deal this past off-season. I know he was betting on himself but he's been injured again, getting steamed at social media people for stupid stuff and I doubt the Ravens will get it done this year.

If you are Baltimore, you gonna give him that long term deal with his recent injuries?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad