GDT: 2022 ALCS: (1) Houston Astros vs (2) New York Yankees

HOU vs NYY

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Hey ,don't blame us Boone. It was the league that mandated it to be open. We wanted it closed.
Im curious why it was open last night and not on Wednesday. It was even nicer on Wednesday. It's not open often but i did get to go to a game last year in April when it was open. To me they should actually have it open more often tbh.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Javier is a solid pitcher but it's not hard at all to figure out what he's doing. Curveball is in the zone, fastball isn't. Pretty safe bet. Gonna be hilarious watching him mow through this pathetic, approach-less lineup.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Please fire everyone. I beg of you, this team is awful
Nothing will change until Cashman goes. Everything is his school of baseball. It's his system.

He's the type of guy that reads one line of the analytics and thinks he gets it. He heard the term "launch angle" once and thinks offense in baseball is nothing but violent uppercutting.

I'm not saying it's easy, but Javier's fastball is out of the zone so often that he's fooling the umpire on the few occasions it is in the zone. He's calling balls on the fastball that are splitting the zone.

The umpire has registered "fastball is always out" and the Yankees haven't.

You look at what McCormick did. Just a nice, level line drive to short part of the park. The Yankees know full-well that they play in a backyard and they still swing out of their shoes.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
A popup into the outfield just got a Stone Cold pop at Yankee Stadium.

Drink in Brian Cashman's vision of the ideal offense.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
4.png

giphyb.gif

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Astros have too much pitching. Much like the torture Giants they just smother you. NL will be lucky to win a game.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Yankees are fundamentally a bad baseball team. They can't hit decent pitching at all. The bullpen is a clown show. They've gone straight backwards every year since their 2017 run.

They (barely) beat a bad Guardians team that feasted on the Central and couldn't hit grass if they tripped and fell on a golf course.

They're not even in the playoffs if wasn't for a 50-12 start or whatever the f*** it was behind unsustainable starting pitching.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
The Yankees are fundamentally a bad baseball team. They can't hit decent pitching at all. The bullpen is a clown show. They've gone straight backwards every year since their 2017 run.

They (barely) beat a bad Guardians team that feasted on the Central and couldn't hit grass if they tripped and fell on a golf course.

They're not even in the playoffs if wasn't for a 50-12 start or whatever the f*** it was behind unsustainable starting pitching.

I am really curious about what the Yanks do in the off-season.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The Yankees are lucky Cleveland couldn't hit the ball otherwise they don't even get this far.

Yankee fans don't deserve success. Judge puts up a once in a generation type season and they're booing him like the troglodytes they are.

I hope he leaves in the offseason. Perfect cherry on the shit sundae that has been the Boone era.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I am really curious about what the Yanks do in the off-season.
Nothing. They're already talking about exit velo and the wind, and the series isn't even officially over. They're going to convince themselves it was bad luck like it was every year since they became a contender in 2017.

Since 2017, for a team that preports to be "into analytics," the Yankees are 24th in Win Probability Added in Clutch Situations and 27th line drive %.

Those two stats are playoff hitting in a nutshell. They don't get it and they don't want to get it. They know better.

They obviously have a few things going for them or they wouldn't be in the postseason, but they're bad at prerequisite things you have to be good at to win playoffs series, and there's no effort to correct. The other team always got lucky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad