Prospect Info: [2022 - 62nd] Lane Hutson (NCAA - Boston University)

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

This definitely feels like when we had Subban in the prospect pool. A 2nd rounder that was performing like a very good 1st rounder before making the jump to the AHL.

I mean, he's accomplishing more than Subban did in his D +1 year. But there is still the size factor and we don't know how much of a factor it will be at the NHL level. This was much less the case with Subban. But he was listed as 5'11 when drafted and we were told he may never be able to learn to play responsible, adequate D at the NHL level.

Last edited:
Reactions: badfish and McGees

Corky

Mar 21, 2008
Singapore
I think most people figured he'd have a solid season this year, but nobody could have predicted his season to be this good. He's making a case to go top 15 in a redraft as of now.
At this point, it would be top 5 I think, especially considering its not that far fetch to think he could end up being 5,11 when all said and done.

Reactions: KevSkillz4

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
What a dumb comment.

You can say the same for every prospect

Hutson is a high boom-bust prospect and will remain like that until he reaches the NHL. He isn't going ahead of players that have a high floor and a high ceiling such as Nemec, Jiricek, etc.

Lane Hutson has one less point in two less games played than Logan Cooley who was taken 3rd overall...

Dumais produced a lot better than Wright last season but got drafted in the 3rd round. There is a lot more to take into consideration than just points.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Dumais produced a lot better than Wright last season but got drafted in the 3rd round. There is a lot more to take into consideration than just points.
Dumais and Wright were not playing in the same league and Dumais has serious skating issues.

Cooley and Hutson are both freshman in the NCAA, both their teams are #1 of their conference in two of the 3 best conferences in NCAA Division 1. Cooley plays with Knies and Snuggerud on the Goopher top line. Hutson isn't even his team #1 dmen...

Cooley's team nominated two dmen with their best offensive season for the Hobey Backer, no forwards. Hutson is nominated for BU.

Last edited:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Makar returned for his sophomore year and he said that made all of the differences. No way Hutson doesn't play one or maybe 2 more years in the NCAA. I am thinking he turns pro after his sophomore year.
I got him penciled in for 2 more years….let that body develop into a young man’s body in the NCAA, give him another shot at the U20’s….bring him in in the spring of 25’

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Dumais and Wright were not playing in the same league and Dumais has serious skating issues.
Cooley and Hutson are not playing in the same conference, and Cooley is bigger + a far better skater.

Cooley and Hutson are both freshman in the NCAA, both their teams are #1 of their conference in two of the 3 best conferences in NCAA Division 1. Cooley plays with Knies and Snuggerud on the Goopher top line. Hutson isn't even his team #1 dmen...

Cooley's team nominated two dmen with their best offensive season for the Hobey Backer, no forwards. Hutson is nominated for BU.
This has nothing to do with ranking the players in a re-draft.

Last edited:

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Wowser. Hutson is lighting it up!

- But I think he should return to NCAA for one more year.

I admit I was skeptical about LH being nabbed by CH in Round 2.

In Round 3, it’s looking like grand theft, which means Round 2 would have been A-OK.

I always lament Habs’ luck at the draft, but Hutson counters the ol’ frustrations.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Hutson is a high boom-bust prospect and will remain like that until he reaches the NHL. He isn't going ahead of players that have a high floor and a high ceiling such as Nemec, Jiricek, etc.

Cooley is a forward

Lane is a Dman

In the same league

Reactions: viceroy

Kennedys

Jul 22, 2015
Saguenay
What the real height of this guy ?

NHL.com list him at 5'8" 148
HockeyDB.com list him at 5'9" 148
The NCAA list him at 5'10 155
Eliteprospects.com list him at 5'10 161

:huh::help:

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
What the real height of this guy ?

NHL.com list him at 5'8" 148
HockeyDB.com list him at 5'9" 148
The NCAA list him at 5'10 155
Eliteprospects.com list him at 5'10 161

:huh::help:

If I remember correctly 5'8 was measurement before the combine. 5'9 was measurement at the combine. 5'10 is measurement this year.

I'd go with the most recent number from the league he currently plays in of 5'10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad