Prospect Info: [2022 - 62nd] Lane Hutson (NCAA - Boston University)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018
You shouldn't worry about his defensive ability, he's way better than we give him credit for. If he's really like 150 soaking wet playing against big guys and able to do what he's doing, imagine what he could become in a few years.
Yes 2 sides of the game, he needs to play well enough defensively to be a top 4 D. That's why he dropped to 2nd round. He has the tools just need to develop them.

Will Butcher comes to mind.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Geez, at that rate he’ll be 6’2 190 in 2yrs

He was expected to add height and weight so this doesn’t surprise me.

I honestly see him toping off at 5ft 11”1/2
And 190lbs which is fine by me with that skill set…..maybe we’ll luck out for once and get a superstar out of nowhere.

Gaining 30 lbs seems unrealistic. 180 is probably the best case scenario

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Gaining 30 lbs seems unrealistic. 180 is probably the best case scenario
At 18 I was 180 and by the time i hit 22 I was 220 solid.

Especially if he grows a few more inches, it’s not unrealistic to think he can hit 190.

I haven’t seen his frame so it’s difficult to judge….maybe he’ll be like you said, a 180 guy.

Either way he’s a special player and I’m expecting special things.

Depends on how much he grows in height too.

He’s not a big kid, so I’d say if he stays 5’10 I’d say you’re pretty spot on with the 180.
If he stays at 5”10 one would think….it really depends of how much more he grows and his frame.

Reactions: Runner77

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Evidently his medical report has him growing up to 5’11 and he’s already 5’10. For frame of reference, Makar is 5’11 and if he was that height this summer instead of this late growth spurt, most scouts would’ve had him in the top 5

Reactions: SlafySZN

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I liked what I saw in his last game. There was less shimmy shimmy yay and quicker decisions.

At times I feel like him keeping the puck and turning in circles is a way to avoid making decisions with the puck.

That said, there's a time for that, just not every single damn posession.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I liked what I saw in his last game. There was less shimmy shimmy yay and quicker decisions.

At times I feel like him keeping the puck and turning in circles is a way to avoid making decisions with the puck.

I see it the other way, the kid is smart and has very high IQ. It’s to actually find the best decision with the puck and open up space for himself or others.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I see it the other way, the kid is smart and has very high IQ. It’s to actually find the best decision with the puck and open up space for himself or others.
But it becomes predictable and most of the time the rest of his teammates don't know where to go because it's pure improv. The end result is him losing gas for no reason. It will only get worse in the NHL, he doesn't have the athleticism to play like that.

But I'm pretty sure he knows this.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
But it becomes predictable and most of the time the rest of his teammates don't know where to go because it's pure improv. The end result is him losing gas for no reason. It will only get worse in the NHL.

But I'm pretty sure he knows this.
I rarely see bad plays from him to be honest, most of the time he knows what to do and when, plus he has a pretty good first pass. But yes of course there's things in his game that will change over the years with maturity like most skilled kids.

Playing 27 minutes a night is good for his development

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

I see it more as a way to break down opposing Defense. When he's in and out of different zones, it sends coverage scrambling and opens up line mates as targets.

I've seen him make too many passes after all the shimmy shimmies to not think it's not part of playing with opposing D systems.

I rarely see bad plays from him to be honest, most of the time he knows what to do and when, plus he has a pretty good first pass. But yes of course there's things in his game that will change over the years with maturity like most skilled kids.

Playing 27 minutes a night is good for his development
He doesn't seem to run out of fuel, despite all the energy he expends being always on the move. That's good news. However, keeping shifts short enough will be a priority they will point out for him at the NHL level.

Unlike Gallagher, the good thing about Hutson's game is that his efforts are spent evading opponents, not taking open ice hits to the back of the head.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

tim-accidnet.jpg

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
just read this on RDS and its so funny :laugh:

-Habs draft Tomas Plekanec (one of my favorite habs)

-Habs draft Sven Andrighetto

-Habs trade Andrighetto to CHI for Andreas Martinsen
-Habs sign Matt Taormina (lol)
-Habs trade Martinsen to CHI for Kyle Baun (Sorry, Kyle who?)

-Habs trade Plekanec and Kyle Baun (no really! who TF is this??) to TOR for Rinat Valiev, Kirby Rychel and a 2018 2nd round pick (Jakob Oloffson)
-Habs trade Rinat Valiev and Matt Taormina to CAL for Brett Kulak.

-Habs trade Kulak to EDM for William Lagesson and a 2022 2nd round pick<--Now this pick is Lane Hutson!
:nod::nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad