Speculation: 2022-23 Roster Building, Trade Rumors & Free Agents VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
then why are we wasting time w/ Lucic.... that era is OVER.....

NOPE, once the deal was made it's done.....

let's bring everybody back that's been retired for the last 50 years and had their #'s retired.... including 8 and 77
yeah it's definitely the same thing to bring back a guy who is actively playing in the NHL and to bring back guys who have been retired for 20+ years.

Just really A+ brilliant posting & analysis. You're adding a ton of value to the conversation, keep it up dude.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
If his blocked shots/60 doubled in the postseason compared to his regular season it makes me think Cassidy told him to plant himself in one specific spot where Carolina likes to shoot from I would think.(Assuming the coaching staff had the Canes PP well scouted) Either that or it was just an anomaly.

Carlo only had 2 less blocked shots than Forbort did in that series and I don't see as much praise for him interestingly enough.

That's absolutely what happened. A lot of his blocked shots came on the PK where he was playing down low near the crease. He planted himself in one spot and took away a shot Carolina kept looking for.

It was an effective strategy and kudos to him for never bailing out. He stood there and took shot after shot from up close.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
yeah it's definitely the same thing to bring back a guy who is actively playing in the NHL and to bring back guys who have been retired for 20+ years.

Just really A+ brilliant posting & analysis. You're adding a ton of value to the conversation, keep it up dude.
that's why Lucic isn't coming back here, and why do posters bring back an era.... that doesn't exist now, this is why this organization hasn't embraced the current direction of the NHL.....

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
that's why Lucic isn't coming back here, and why do posters bring back an era.... that doesn't exist now, this is why this organization hasn't embraced the current direction of the NHL.....

Yeah, fans liking the thought of Lucic coming back for 1 year in 2022 is definitely the reason why management has made all their decisions over the past few years. Because no other teams in the NHL have enforcer/tough players to protect each other. Definitely not even Colorado. But sure.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Yeah, fans liking the thought of Lucic coming back for 1 year in 2022 is definitely the reason why management has made all their decisions over the past few years. Because no other teams in the NHL have enforcer/tough players to protect each other. Definitely not even Colorado. But sure.
however, the organization still markets as the era of the 1970s, how many times has the clip of Lucic on Van Ryn been played constantly since it occurred

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Have you looked at the Habs roster? They are all big.

Colorado doesn't have Lucic type fighters but Makar and Girard are the only two players that are 'undersized' at all Rantanen, Landeskog, Nischuskin are huge by modern NHL standards.

Nearly every offseason we make a moronic signing like Backes or Foligno to bring back what we lost in Lucic.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Have you looked at the Habs roster? They are all big.

Colorado doesn't have Lucic type fighters but Makar and Girard are the only two players that are 'undersized' at all Rantanen, Landeskog, Nischuskin are huge by modern NHL standards.

Nearly every offseason we make a moronic signing like Backes or Foligno to bring back what we lost in Lucic.
no, Brad.... remember Hall was targeted for how long by Landeskog UNTIL He was told to knock it off

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I think it's vital to get the new kids into the lineup ASAP. Playing with Bergy and DK can really build on their growth. Between those two and Monty, hopefully we'll see some success in terms of the new blood.
My understanding from what JM has said is that this will be the case.

That is, Patrice, JBD, Marchand; DK, David, Zacha. When everyone is healthy. Unless something crazy happens, I would start Lysell on the third line. Assuming he's up here at some point. Even if he's in Providence the entire season, there's nothing wrong with that.
No rush.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
My understanding from what JM has said is that this will be the case.

That is, Patrice, JBD, Marchand; DK, David, Zacha. When everyone is healthy. Unless something crazy happens, I would start Lysell on the third line. Assuming he's up here at some point. Even if he's in Providence the entire season, there's nothing wrong with that.
No rush.
Probably a smart (and somewhat obvious) idea. Didn't Bergy say that Marty Lapointe in his final year was somewhat his mentor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad