Speculation: 2022-23 Roster Building, Trade Rumors & Free Agents II

How do Bruins clear cap for Bergeron, Krejci and Zacha?

• Pay to unload Foligno

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Trade Reilly

Votes: 31 18.9%
  • Trade Forbort

Votes: 36 22.0%
  • Trade Nosek

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • Trade DeBrusk

Votes: 19 11.6%
  • Trade Coyle

Votes: 22 13.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I really don’t understand the infatuation with puljujarvi. I swear people just look up that he had 15 goals last year and people think oh the bruins could use him on the 3rd line while completely ignoring he’s spent the last two years next to mcdavid. Setting up for such a let down with him playing next to Coyle.

He’s pretty much one of the guys I hope they stay as far away from as possible. I’m pretty sure if Trent Frederic was on mcdavids wing he would put up very similar numbers.
I maybe buy him super low if the interest (seemingly) remains low, you can get him for a mid pick, and see if he needs a change of scenery. But I certainly don't give up anything of value for him. I agree that some combination of Coyle/Smith/Zacha/DeBrusk does not inspire much confidence in our 3rd line.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I maybe buy him super low if the interest (seemingly) remains low, you can get him for a mid pick, and see if he needs a change of scenery. But I certainly don't give up anything of value for him. I agree that some combination of Coyle/Smith/Zacha/DeBrusk does not inspire much confidence in our 3rd line.
Puljujarvi is far worse than smith, Zacha or Debrusk.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Forbort contributes. Reilly adds nothing. Trade him for anything for the cap space.

Exactly. DS should be thinking late round pick with a lot of guys. Fire sale.

Even if teams know the Bruins are in a tight spot…Craig Smith, Mike Reilly, for a 5th or so should be do-able. These guys aren’t completely without value.

Just cash out.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Exactly. DS should be thinking late round pick with a lot of guys. Fire sale.

Even if teams know the Bruins are in a tight spot…Craig Smith, Mike Reilly, for a 5th or so should be do-able. These guys aren’t completely without value.

Just cash out.
Please resist the temptation to flame me if this has already been mentioned and dismissed, but Ullmark is eating 5M of salary on a hedged bet that Tuuka would not return to form and we would not have a serviceable #1. *If* you believe that Swayman fits the bill at #1 and *if* Ullmark would waive his NMC - yes, I know those are two big ifs, you could move Ullmark and sign a lower cost true backup. I don’t think 5M is backup money. Coupled with another move (just for easy math, Reilly at 3M), that’s 8M right there (less new goalie cost).

Five Hole

The puck stops here.
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2004
Southern New England
During his presser the other day he said they had been fielding calls from teams interested in some of their players. My guess is he is just trying to maximize the return by waiting out some of the UFA's and trades.

For instance, there were 4 defensemen moved today in trades and any team that may have interest in one of our defensemen now has less options. Mike Reilly's value went up today, no need to rush things.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Puljujarvi is a bust. Similar to Paajarvi years ago in Edmonton (10th overall in 09’).

Remember H.O.P.E. in Edmonton. All gone, neither a significant impact. And Hall is now here.

Puljujarvi is 41st in points among RW over the last 2 years. He also ranks 35th in that time frame among RW's in goals scored.

Not sure I'd classify that as a bust.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ratty and Gordoff

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
During his presser the other day he said they had been fielding calls from teams interested in some of their players. My guess is he is just trying to maximize the return by waiting out some of the UFA's and trades.

For instance, there were 4 defensemen moved today in trades and any team that may have interest in one of our defensemen now has less options. Mike Reilly's value went up today, no need to rush things.
Goes both ways though. Sure there are less options, but now there are also 4 less holes around the league that need to be filled.

Puljujarvi is 41st in points among RW over the last 2 years. He also ranks 35th in that time frame among RW's in goals scored.

Not sure I'd classify that as a bust.
Because he’s playing on a line with mcdavid the last two years. What do you think he’s going to put up in less minutes playing next to Coyle? Look at evander Kane, he just played half a season next to mcdavid and if it was a full season he was on pace to completely shatter his goals/assists/points records at that pace and it wouldn’t have even been close to his previous career highs.

Last edited:

Five Hole

The puck stops here.
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2004
Southern New England
Goes both ways though. Sure there are less options, but now there are also 4 less holes around the league that need to be filled.
Absolutely, it is a timing play. You want to wait long enough for the value to go up but not so long that the options go away completely. Tricky to know for sure when to make the call.

Of course, Dom could be right, and the Bruins may not even be entertaining any moves with veteran defensemen until they get healthy.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Please resist the temptation to flame me if this has already been mentioned and dismissed, but Ullmark is eating 5M of salary on a hedged bet that Tuuka would not return to form and we would not have a serviceable #1. *If* you believe that Swayman fits the bill at #1 and *if* Ullmark would waive his NMC - yes, I know those are two big ifs, you could move Ullmark and sign a lower cost true backup. I don’t think 5M is backup money. Coupled with another move (just for easy math, Reilly at 3M), that’s 8M right there (less new goalie cost).
Another way to look at it is that the total package for Bruins goalies is $6,000,000. That's an average of 3m per goalie for which most teams would not have a problem.

I'd be shocked if Ullmark waived his NMC. What does he have to gain, uprooting his family after just recently settling in Boston?

Reactions: Gordoff

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Another way to look at it is that the total package for Bruins goalies is $6,000,000. That's an average of 3m per goalie for which most teams would not have a problem.

I'd be shocked if Ullmark waived his NMC. What does he have to gain, uprooting his family after just recently settling in Boston?

agreed. And Id be just as shocked if the Bruins asked.

but since we are over 3500 posts, please continue here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad