Prospect Info: 2022 #225 - G Ivan Zhigalov

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
Yeah, why would any goalie play in hockey in Canada when he could play in beautiful Belarus? Only 100 miles from the front lines!

Ivan "Just A" Zhigalov may be dodging RPGs, not pucks, in 6 months.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah, why would any goalie play in hockey in Canada when he could play in beautiful Belarus? Only 100 miles from the front lines!

If he wants to play hockey, he likely doesn't have many options... he's not good enough to get a NA contract, a CHL team won't use an overage slot on him because he's not good enough, he's not getting a top Euro league deal for the same reasons. He could probably get into the Chechia 2nd tier league, Austria, Italy, etc... but that isn't much different in quality or pay than the Belarusian league.

Reactions: lionsDen

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017

Belarus isn't in a war. He is going to be perfectly fine.

yrmj3

Jul 4, 2018
Minsk
Signed 1 year deal with club from Belarusian Extraleague
Btw from this year all clubs from Belarusian Extraleague are farms of Dinamo Minsk:) And rn Dinamo has zero goalkeepers, Shostak's loan ended and Kolosov will decide about new contract after camp with Flyers. So if Zhigalov will play good in Extraleague he has chance to debute in KHL this season

Last edited:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Hoping he can pass Mitchell Heard
I had to go and look it up. Dude is still playing. He's with the Belleville Senators. Also, while I know it's true, I still laughed way harder than I should have at the highlighted bit below....

Screenshot 2023-06-19 212248.png

thedoctor

                    
Aug 28, 2007
I had to go and look it up. Dude is still playing. He's with the Belleville Senators. Also, while I know it's true, I still laughed way harder than I should have at the highlighted bit below....

View attachment 719349
Not only is he there, his stats are worth noting. He played 13 games. 3 points. 39 PIM. woof.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Whoever has been in charge of making goalie picks in the 7th round needs to lose that privilege. Taking the remaining guy off my list would have us with Hugo Hävelid, Dustin Wolf, Keegan Karki over Ivan Zhigalov, Trent Miner, and Shamil Shmakov. The Dustin Wolf miss is going to live rent free in my head forever.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Whoever has been in charge of making goalie picks in the 7th round needs to lose that privilege. Taking the remaining guy off my list would have us with Hugo Hävelid, Dustin Wolf, Keegan Karki over Ivan Zhigalov, Trent Miner, and Shamil Shmakov. The Dustin Wolf miss is going to live rent free in my head forever.

The problem might not be their lack of ability finding NHL goalies in the 7th round, but only drafting goalies in the 7th round the last five years, and rounds 3-7 before that.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Just tell yourself Wolf would have been in the ECHL anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad