Prospect Info: 2022 #225 - G Ivan Zhigalov

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He's left handed like Francouz.

The #2 ranked goalie in NA picked in the 7th round...

7yP7jWO.jpeg

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The #2 ranked goalie in NA picked in the 7th round

approved
He’s flashy and athletic… but has some serious flaws. That’s why he fell… people don’t like his feet and technicals. Love his pure athletic ability.

This is a bet you can teach him to calm his feet, keep his glove hand from diving and building rebound control… while still keeping the ability to move quickly to make big saves (he has by far the most side to side highlight reel glove saves of any goalie in this draft).

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
As long as his glove hand and rebound control can improve, this is actually a very intriguing pick.
His fundamentals and mobility are good and he was invited to Montreal's rookie camp last year so it's not the Avs' typical wasted late round pick on an unknown goalie from overseas.

arun

Click here to hide this advertisement
Jun 23, 2016
Holland
Full righty like me. Except for him being not just a pylon in net. Like i am.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
As long as his glove hand and rebound control can improve, this is actually a very intriguing pick.
His fundamentals and mobility are good and he was invited to Montreal's rookie camp last year so it's not the Avs' typical wasted late round pick on an unknown goalie from overseas.
His fundies are pretty bad actually. Very busy feet (big no no with goalies) with poor body tendencies to drop the glove on saves. Poor positioning too. He’s a top end athlete.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad