Rumor: 2022-2023 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: The Search for a 2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
They aren't happy with him are they ?

Vinny is small not very physical and I thought they were regretting that signing, plus he's -8 don't think he is very good defensively but neither was Naz
Tell me you don't watch a player without telling me you don't watch.

If the Rangers weren't happy, he wouldn't be getting top line minutes. He had a cold stretch in mid November/early December where he got moved to Kreider and Vesey as his linemates. That lasted a couple games. Then he got back with Bread, and the Rangers took off as a team. He's played great for a month now.

And not physical?! You really don't watch him. Dude has 90 hits on the season. Not a single Avs has 90 hits. Not one. For all of last season, only 8 skaters for the Avs had 90+ hits. He'd be, by far, the most physical forward the Avs have. Even over Nuke and Landy.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

If the Rangers weren't happy, he wouldn't be getting top line minutes. He had a cold stretch in mid November/early December where he got moved to Kreider and Vesey as his linemates. That lasted a couple games. Then he got back with Bread, and the Rangers took off as a team. He's played great for a month now.

And not physical?! You really don't watch him. Dude has 90 hits on the season. Not a single Avs has 90 hits. Not one. For all of last season, only 8 skaters for the Avs had 90+ hits. He'd be, by far, the most physical forward the Avs have. Even over Nuke and Landy.
Speaking of hits, Jakob Chychrun had 5 hits and a goal in the 1st period last night vs Florida.

Tell me the guy wasn't playing his heart out so they trade for him lol.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Speaking of hits, Jakob Chychrun had 5 hits and a goal in the 1st period last night vs Florida.

Tell me the guy wasn't playing his heart out so they trade for him lol.
I'm sure he'd love to go home! I also don't know if Chychrun knows how to play any other way. For a guy with his injury history, he sure plays with reckless abandon.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Yzerman just strikes me as a no BS guy who will say and do what he wants, whether it pisses people off or not. He isn't in your face about it either which might make it worse lol.

This whole situation also feels like GMs not wanting to piss Yzerman off by claiming Vrana. I don't see why a team like Arizona doesn't claim him, play him and then see if they can either flip him at the TDL for a free asset or, worst case scenario they actually have a player that can help their team moving forward who is young and can score.
Arizona in playing in a college stadium if they had money to spend on Vrana they wouldn’t be playing there and perpetually sleeping on the cap floor. I get what you’re saying tho buffalo or someone should have taken a shot. If he was on an expiring contract I’d expect more teams would be interested.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
People still take anything this guy says seriously?

It would be great it people would just ignore him, but his constant trolling is precisely why he's such a ratings-getter, his moronic takes are the TV equivalent of "clickbait." It should've been over for him after Mark Cuban completely dunked on his dumb ass, yet here he still is collecting millions.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He's not dead, just a little shorter
oof-old-man.gif

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Chances that Trocheck really wanted to play for the Rags are probably very, very high (like most players). He more than likely wasn't coming to Colorado for the same contract or anything in the same ballpark.

If he had signed with Minny or something I'd be pissed.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

Trocheck has been gold for the Rags, but if there is one hesitation about him, it's how his body holds up since he isn't the biggest guy.

My guess is the Rags have another 2-3 good years in him before he starts falling off a cliff.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Trocheck has been gold for the Rags, but if there is one hesitation about him, it's how his body holds up since he isn't the biggest guy.

My guess is the Rags have another 2-3 good years in him before he starts falling off a cliff.

Size isn't really a factor in how a player ages though.

I think he has a chance to age better than the mean, mainly because he's been mainly healthy for his career so far.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

I mean… most players drop off in that range. Avs will be doing it too…

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Size isn't really a factor in how a player ages though.

I think he has a chance to age better than the mean, mainly because he's been mainly healthy for his career so far.

I remember at least something having to do with Trocheck having injuries that had caused him to lose a step. That was someone else?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He went 4 seasons in a row playing less than 60 games.
Que? He went 2 of 3 and one of those was shortened. He had 62 in one of them which may have been a full season (? Covid)

If we are afraid of his history though… we shouldn’t look around this team. :laugh:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
He went 4 seasons in a row playing less than 60 games.

No he didn't?

18-19 he played 55 games. 19-20 he played 62 games, which was the Covid shortened season that was only ~70 games anyway. And then he played 47 in 2021 which again was only a 56 game season.

So outside of 18/19 he only missed a couple weeks each year, pretty much normal and never anything significant.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Que? He went 2 of 3 and one of those was shortened. He had 62 in one of them which may have been a full season (? Covid)

If we are afraid of his history though… we shouldn’t look around this team. :laugh:
No he didn't?

18-19 he played 55 games. 19-20 he played 62 games, which was the Covid shortened season that was only ~70 games anyway. And then he played 47 in 2021 which again was only a 56 game season.

So outside of 18/19 he only missed a couple weeks each year, pretty much normal and never anything significant.
Ah right Covid my bad. I for some reason thought he was a perennially injured dude.

Reactions: CobraAcesS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad