Rumor: 2022-2023 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: The Search for a 2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

It kind of supports the eye test as well.

They have easily been the best pairing on this team, the other two pairings have struggled quite a bit defensively, especially Byram/Manson.

Though honestly I've thought Cale/Toews were a little weaker then last year so far, giving up a few more high danger chances but I guess maybe not.

Reactions: Mr Zappalanche

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
Soo Horvat/ Larkin/ Lundell/ J Toews/
Who else would be a possibility for the 2C gaping black hole?

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Two forum whipping boys on that list....Zadorov and Graves. Hilarious!!

That just goes to show how little most people in here actually know.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Two forum whipping boys on that list....Zadorov and Graves. Hilarious!!

That just goes to show how little most people in here actually know.
Yeah at the dead line they could have gotten Schenn for half the price of Manson. Sakic f'd up big time.

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
Why would you think these guys are available?
Larkin is still not signed and has been eligible for quite some time. Also could see him wanting to sign with a contender as he hasn't had much of any playoff runs. Lundell is a luxury for the panthers and they have one of the worst D cores in the NHL

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Seeing how they are doing without Landy and how good Rodrigues has been in a small sample I think 2C is not really the massive need everyone makes it out to be. This team is built around two way players and not that many of those are available for a reasonable price. And with how shaky the last few guys on the D have looked so far I don't really know what you can give up to get this mythical creature.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Seeing how they are doing without Landy and how good Rodrigues has been in a small sample I think 2C is not really the massive need everyone makes it out to be. This team is built around two way players and not that many of those are available for a reasonable price. And with how shaky the last few guys on the D have looked so far I don't really know what you can give up to get this mythical creature.

:laugh: What?

They've been extremely inconsistent if not flat out bad for the majority of the season. How does that make you confident the 2C spot isn't a monumentally huge need for this team.

Truly bizarre

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
:laugh: What?

They've been extremely inconsistent if not flat out bad for the majority of the season. How does that make you confident the 2C spot isn't a monumentally huge need for this team.

Truly bizarre
Because you do at some point get Landy back and things could be better by then. Kinda like last year when how many people were saying blow the thing up after a lousy October. And yeah I know you like to crap on everything I say, nothing new there. Keep acting like you are the god of all Avs hockey knowledge.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Because you do at some point get Landy back and things could be better by then. Kinda like last year when how many people were saying blow the thing up after a lousy October. And yeah I know you like to crap on everything I say, nothing new there. Keep acting like you are the god of all Avs hockey knowledge.

Imagine comparing this team to last years though. They're nothing alike and this team is significantly weaker. Case in point, Evan Rodrigues is the 2C.

I dont claim to be "the God of all Avs hockey knowledge" but if you honestly look at this roster and think 2C isn't a problem, that's simply a major issue with your evaluation of the lineup. It isn't just me claiming the 2C is a big problem, literally everyone sees the problem except apparently you and Sea Eagles whose nothing more than an eternal blind optimist with this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad