Speculation: 2022-2023 General Lightning Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Stammer Paul Colton. Three guys that can win face offs. One elite finisher. One good young sniper. One all around good player that can protect them both and win the tough board battles. Stammer and Paul have proven they have chemistry. I love this line. Stammer looks good all game. Paul gets robbed. Colton scores.

Really the key is Jeannot rounding out the shutdown line. Otherwise Hagel has to do it. Then Stammer to the top line and it’s all messed up.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Relevant Nick Paul mentions, and not needing to blow a gasket after bad games, like some of us want.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
God Damn it!! Missed him last time, now im gonna miss him cause hes an idiot and misses a meeting....

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
God Damn it!! Missed him last time, now im gonna miss him cause hes an idiot and misses a meeting....

Thinking back to all of the chatter about wanting to bring this guy back. Never understood it. He's got some talent but he's an underachieving cancer. I realize he's got some personal things he's working on and in that respect I sincerely wish him the best, but from a strictly hockey and team perspective, no way.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Marty is probably handling this the right way.

You can go the code of conduct route, and give out the pre-determined punishment, or you can have him feel he owes you.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Thinking back to all of the chatter about wanting to bring this guy back. Never understood it. He's got some talent but he's an underachieving cancer. I realize he's got some personal things he's working on and in that respect I sincerely wish him the best, but from a strictly hockey and team perspective, no way.
Honestly just thought he was over all that BS.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Honestly just thought he was over all that BS.
Not to be too cliched, but people are who they are. It usually doesn't change despite a lot of lip service to the contrary. I mean some work can be done on the fringes, but what a person is inside I think becomes cemented pretty early.

Not to get too far off on a tangent and I am not in any way equating what Drouin did, but that's why that video of Briere's kid is so disturbing. I mean that is who that kid is deep inside. Someone who can look at a wheelchair without giving a second's thought to the person who has to live in it. That's bad enough, but then to intentionally destroy their only means of getting around. It's sick.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Not to be too cliched, but people are who they are. It usually doesn't change despite a lot of lip service to the contrary. I mean some work can be done on the fringes, but what a person is inside I think becomes cemented pretty early.

Not to get too far off on a tangent and I am not in any way equating what Drouin did, but that's why that video of Briere's kid is so disturbing. I mean that is who that kid is deep inside. Someone who can look at a wheelchair without giving a second's thought to the person who has to live in it. That's bad enough, but then to intentionally destroy their only means of getting around. It's sick.
People can be very different under the influence, but Briere also got kicked off ASU's team.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Well, I mean, speaking to Drouin's case, guys do grow up. But if the problem isn't that he just had some growing up to do, it's obviously a bigger problem. As it appears to be here.

Interesting dynamic with MSL, who, if I'm not mistaken, was here the year we sent Drouin to junior, and Drouin apparently spent two weeks sulking in Halifax. (<-- I have no idea if that's actually true, but I'm pretty close to Halifax, and that's what people who followed the team said.)

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Well, I mean, speaking to Drouin's case, guys do grow up. But if the problem isn't that he just had some growing up to do, it's obviously a bigger problem. As it appears to be here.

Interesting dynamic with MSL, who, if I'm not mistaken, was here the year we sent Drouin to junior, and Drouin apparently spent two weeks sulking in Halifax. (<-- I have no idea if that's actually true, but I'm pretty close to Halifax, and that's what people who followed the team said.)
If you can let MSL down then you can let anyone down. We know this, no one who plays for him can make excuses or say that the road is too tough because few players had a tougher path to the league than he did.

Reactions: PJ817 and Hoek

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

He missed a meetings let's relax on the judgement, it's happens time to time with high profile players too. Ovechkin not too recently if I recall, Mathieu Joseph slept in and missed a meeting, did he have an attitude problem too?

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
He missed a meetings let's relax on the judgement, it's happens time to time with high profile players too. Ovechkin not too recently if I recall, Mathieu Joseph slept in and missed a meeting, did he have an attitude problem too?
It's not about one missed meeting. Obviously his recent history suggests that the problems go a bit deeper than than that, and as I said before, I wish him well in dealing with whatever they are. Having said that, it's the kind of distraction that isn't good for any team and the only reason I brought it up at all is that some posters suggested prior to the trade deadline that he might be a good fit coming back here. Don't know if such a thing was even considered by the powers that be but just thankful that it didn't happen.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
It's not about one missed meeting. Obviously his recent history suggests that the problems go a bit deeper than than that, and as I said before, I wish him well in dealing with whatever they are. Having said that, it's the kind of distraction that isn't good for any team and the only reason I brought it up at all is that some posters suggested prior to the trade deadline that he might be a good fit coming back here. Don't know if such a thing was even considered by the powers that be but just thankful that it didn't happen.

Pretty big stretch to call him a "cancer" because he missed a meeting lmao. I know fans like to stir stuff up but seems like a reach here.

Reactions: carouselofgoalies

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Pretty big stretch to call him a "cancer" because he missed a meeting lmao. I know fans like to stir stuff up but seems like a reach here.
You don't think a guy like Drouin, regardless of the reasons, is a cancer in a locker room? Would you want him on your team?

It's not about one meeting, it's about his whole history, including his time here. And you don't think a guy like Drouin, regardless of the reasons, is a cancer in a locker room? Would you want him on your team?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Relevant question. Why was he late?

Ray Emery (RIP) got in trouble because he was late due to getting in a small car crash. Sometimes guys will oversleep because their alarm clock didn't go off. We did just move the clocks ahead an hour.

Fans can fixate on things too much.

Last edited:

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Relevant question. Why was he late?

Ray Emery (RIP) got in trouble because he was late due to getting in a small car crash. Sometimes guys will oversleep because their alarm clock didn't go off. We did just move the clocks ahead an hour.

Fans can fixate on things too much.
He should have said he was late because he was watching too many MSL highlights on YouTube. I would've tried that.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL

Loved him here and is my all time favorite player and current play now it is Kucherov. I hate to see marty on Le Habs but I love racking up wins against him behind the bench.

And that’s why you’re still on the team and in the lineup for tonight. Keep up the good work!
He watched MSL video on how to demand a trade to a the team you want and is hoping a contender picks him up this offseason.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
When a guy has issues when they’re young they can mature and change. Some never do look at Marchand for example he has been an idiot for a long time. Druion is not the only young guy to have behavior problems.

As to missing a meeting it’s all part of the position. How hard is it to follow the rules ????????? I mean you make millions playing a game you love. And fans just continue to get shat on. II mean if you Joe the plumber you crawl thru a bunch of nasty to buy just one ticket. These guys make a nauseating amount of money each game . I have no sympathy none not even a little. It’s difficult to to believe they can’t just take the punishment lean from it and move on. But no you have people that make a big deal out of everything and blame everyone but themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad