Speculation: 2022-2023 General Lightning Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Coop needs to just bench/rest Vasy and Heddy at this point. Give them a week off. I'm serious. Don't even practice them. Just healthy scratch them both because their performance has been lacking. If they're hurt they can rehab. If they're mentally taxed, they can get into a better head space.

We gave up way too much this TDL to not win it all because the 2 guys we need most are. Well. Doing what they're doing right now

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I wonder if JBB could convince someone like Hardy Häman Aktell to sign for us. He would be a solid young cheap LD option from Växjö. Big frame, good skater, plays all situations as a TWD. Having a real good season in Växjö. Guy would be everything we need to shore up the left side third pairing.

Hedman - Bogo
Sergachev - Perbix
Aktell - Cernak

Looks good to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maelmoor and Zwui21

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I'm fine if people wanna shit on this take, but I just don't see it this year. I guess they can "flip the switch" (which is becoming dumb) but they simply aren't better than most teams like they've been the past three years. They'll have to elevate their game and play their absolute best to survive. This reminds me more of the pre 2019 squads.

Sorry. Just not seeing it.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I'm fine if people wanna shit on this take, but I just don't see it this year. I guess they can "flip the switch" (which is becoming dumb) but they simply aren't better than most teams like they've been the past three years. They'll have to elevate their game and play their absolute best to survive. This reminds me more of the pre 2019 squads.

Sorry. Just not seeing it.

The ones that made the CF every single year?

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
as it sits right now, id be shocked to see us push 7 games against Toronto. Maybe they can turn it around these last 9 games and at least look like they wanna do something in the playoffs, but if the last 20+ games are any sign of whats to come... Id start preparing for a very long offseason. If they do get bounced in round 1 then maybe a retool wouldnt be so bad. Trim the fat and look to the young guys or look overseas for some cheap FA guys that could fit the mold of what this team is...

I think JBB passing on picking up a depth dman or even a bottom pairing guy is gonna come back to haunt us

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
as it sits right now, id be shocked to see us push 7 games against Toronto. Maybe they can turn it around these last 9 games and at least look like they wanna do something in the playoffs, but if the last 20+ games are any sign of whats to come... Id start preparing for a very long offseason. If they do get bounced in round 1 then maybe a retool wouldnt be so bad. Trim the fat and look to the young guys or look overseas for some cheap FA guys that could fit the mold of what this team is...

I think JBB passing on picking up a depth dman or even a bottom pairing guy is gonna come back to haunt us
I dont think a depth defenseman is the difference maker here...

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
It's hard to see how a team that was playing mostly good, high level hockey entering the all-star break(winning 8 out of 10, 32-15-1 record) has all but disappeared for now basically an entire 3rd of a season(10-10-5 since). It's not as though the team has been riddled with injuries like the '17 group was, so this precipitous drop in every facet of their game, for now this long of a stretch, is bewildering. You would think they'd have a little more pride and/or self respect out there to not get embarrassed as many times as they have(against some less than great teams at that), but it's clear they just don't give a damn about basically any of these games. I refuse to believe that in essentially one month and change, that they went from looking like a top 5 team in the league to a lottery team, because they are actually that bad now. That kind of decline just usually doesn't happen that quickly without key injuries.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I'm not sure JBB was wrong in not acquiring a defenseman. I'd rather not have Jeannot and those 5 picks though. Maybe grabbing a defenseman was the right play initially but at least we didn't jettison the last two picks we have until 2028 and Howard.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
People would just be making up excuses for the new defenseman anyways, it's not a personel issue and besides we have no assets or cap to grab a decent defenseman. What exactly are we upgrading on? Cole? He's fine for what he is, our problem is our #1 guy who plays 25mins a night sucks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad