2022 1st round redraft

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Translation, i have seen him play and get exposed.

You have to admit - Slaf and Cooley are dynamic players. Nemec... not so much.

If you're talking about Dynamic, Cooley goes number 1 by a landslide.

If we're talking Dynamic, Luke Hughes should win the calder.

Simon Nemec has been BETTER.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If you're talking about Dynamic, Cooley goes number 1 by a landslide.

If we're talking Dynamic, Luke Hughes should win the calder.

Simon Nemec has been BETTER.
If we are talking dynamic homerism - you win by a landslide! lol

Dynamic describes Cooley and Slaf and their potential / ceiling is higher than any player in the draft. I think Cooley could be considered more dynamic than Slaf. I agree with you there.

Nemec will have a good career IMO but more along the lines of a Roman Hamrlik. Which is a good comparable. Very steady producer.

Luke Hughes looks like Mike Matheson. lol

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
If we are talking dynamic homerism - you win by a landslide! lol

Dynamic describes Cooley and Slaf and their potential / ceiling is higher than any player in the draft. I think Cooley could be considered more dynamic than Slaf. I agree with you there.

Nemec will have a good career IMO but more along the lines of a Roman Hamrlik. Which is a good comparable. Very steady producer.

Luke Hughes looks like Mike Matheson. lol

Ahh yes, I forgot upside is only allowed for forwards, how could I be so silly. Defenseman clearly aren't allowed to develop or improve.

It's not like defenseman actually tend to develop later than forwards (hence why they are so often sheltered early), so a 19 year old dman being thrust into a top 4 role and excelling clearly means that is what he will be forever.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Ahh yes, I forgot upside is only allowed for forwards, how could I be so silly. Defenseman clearly aren't allowed to develop or improve.

It's not like defenseman actually tend to develop later than forwards (hence why they are so often sheltered early), so a 19 year old dman being thrust into a top 4 role and excelling clearly means that is what he will be forever.
Upside extends to dmen. Obviously. I just don't see the high offensive upside in Nemec. I think he will be a very steady #2 dman though at his peak. Like a Hamrlik.

Nothing wrong with that. Just not dynamic enough.

Slaf / Cooley though.... Oh my! :)

Reactions: MD93

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Upside extends to dmen. Obviously. I just don't see the high offensive upside in Nemec. I think he will be a very steady #2 dman though at his peak. Like a Hamrlik.

Nothing wrong with that. Just not dynamic enough.

Slaf / Cooley though.... Oh my! :)

ahh so we're back to just looking at point totals.

Unfortunately nemec hasn't racked up enough secondary assists to pad his stats, or been able to rack up points on PP1.

Since Luke will QB PP1 for the next decade, I'm sure you'll be convinced you're right tho when you look at the point totals every once in a while.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
ahh so we're back to just looking at point totals.

Unfortunately nemec hasn't racked up enough secondary assists to pad his stats, or been able to rack up points on PP1.

Since Luke will QB PP1 for the next decade, I'm sure you'll be convinced you're right tho when you look at the point totals every once in a while.
Points are the most important measurable whether you like it or not. But when i judge upside i take into account physical elements of the game (size/strength), talent, drive, hockey IQ etc.

Slaf / Cooley have the highest upside out of all players in the draft. There may be a few more with higher upside than Nemec. But Nemec probably has the highest floor after Slaf and Cooley....

Hamrlik was a very good player with a solid career. I see Nemec achieving that and if he does, that's a win.

Anyways, good chat. This is played out and redundant. Be happy you have the 3rd (or 4th - watch out for Wright) best player in that draft! :)

Reactions: Frank Drebin

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Points are the most important measurable whether you like it or not. But when i judge upside i take into account physical elements of the game (size/strength), talent, drive, hockey IQ etc.

Slaf / Cooley have the highest upside out of all players in the draft. There may be a few more with higher upside than Nemec. But Nemec probably has the highest floor after Slaf and Cooley....

Hamrlik was a very good player with a solid career. I see Nemec achieving that and if he does, that's a win.

Anyways, good chat. Be happy you have the 3rd best player in that draft! :)

Points are an important measurable for forwards sure. Again, if you're comparing the point totals of forwards with PP1 time to dman without PP1 time, it doesn't mean shit.

Nemec has had some shitty luck with secondary assists, and some shitty shooting luck. Both things that are pretty random for dmen. Chance generation is significantly more important.

In the last decade, only Sergachev put up primary points at a better rate than Nemec has as a teenager.

I'd trust the shooting to come up from 4%, and when you're 13th in the league among dman in on ice chance generation, secondary assists will come.

Not quinn, not ekblad, not dahlin, power, mcavoy, hedman, heiskanen.

With Simon Nemec on the ice, NJD generates 3.12 xGoals/60

Cooley, for all his dynamic offensive upside, generates 2.55
Slafkovsky is better at 2.85, but he also let's up by far the most at 2.99.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
It’ll be really funny in a few years when it becomes clear that neither Slaf nor Nemec is the best player from the 2022 draft.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
It’ll be really funny in a few years when it becomes clear that neither Slaf nor Nemec is the best player from the 2022 draft.
Who do you think will be the best player in the draft? You may have already said but I'm not going through 15 pages to find it.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Dynamic.jpg

MarioLeMoose

Jul 15, 2022
No wonder MTL fans are so obsessed with trading for Zegras.

He's got that #DYNAMIC to go along with the elite #GRIT of Josh anderson and the elite #GOON of arber xhekaj
You can generalize all you want, but I really don't think most Habs fans give a shit about Zegras. Cute attempt at a troll though.

Reactions: Eegs and AmeriHab

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
You can generalize all you want, but I really don't think most Habs fans give a shit about Zegras. Cute attempt at a troll though.
yo it's the guy who whines about Generalization when its not Habs fan's who are doing it.

I'm a big fan.

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
If a redraft of 2022 was done, I think all of the top 4 team would be happy with their picks

Full disclosure: I'm a Habs fan.

1. With the way he's been playing this season, I think Slafkovsky has franchise forward potential. The tools and athleticism are obviously top notch, but it's the whole mental aspect that impresses me the most, it's crosbyesque. His work ethic, dedication to the team, coachability is the best I've seen in a Hab player. Habs need a player who can and wants to be the man

2. Nemec plays a very valuable position and has been very solid for the Devils. He definitely tracks as a 1st pair dman. I don't think they'd take a smallish center in Cooley when they are already full at the position and on the smaller size at forward

3. Cooley is having an impressive season and will be a key addition for Arizona/Salt-Lake city. His motor and dynamism works great with the Yotes who are a bit thin at center. I think they still pick him ahead of Wright and other players

4. Wright just had a solid season in the AHL and good production since being recalled. I don't think the Kraken regrets picking him at all

5. In hindsight, the Flyers would absolutely pick someone who wants to play with them. Mintyukov, Jiricek or Korchinsky would be one of their pick. I think they'd go with Mintyukov here

Honeslty pretty good draft, it will probably be seen as underrated when it's said an done

Reactions: NitroF and Xirik

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
If a redraft of 2022 was done, I think all of the top 4 team would be happy with their picks

Full disclosure: I'm a Habs fan.

1. With the way he's been playing this season, I think Slafkovsky has franchise forward potential. The tools and athleticism are obviously top notch, but it's the whole mental aspect that impresses me the most, it's crosbyesque. His work ethic, dedication to the team, coachability is the best I've seen in a Hab player. Habs need a player who can and wants to be the man

2. Nemec plays a very valuable position and has been very solid for the Devils. He definitely tracks as a 1st pair dman. I don't think they'd take a smallish center in Cooley when they are already full at the position and on the smaller size at forward

3. Cooley is having an impressive season and will be a key addition for Arizona/Salt-Lake city. His motor and dynamism works great with the Yotes who are a bit thin at center. I think they still pick him ahead of Wright and other players

4. Wright just had a solid season in the AHL and good production since being recalled. I don't think the Kraken regrets picking him at all

5. In hindsight, the Flyers would absolutely pick someone who wants to play with them. Mintyukov, Jiricek or Korchinsky would be one of their pick. I think they'd go with Mintyukov here

Honeslty pretty good draft, it will probably be seen as underrated when it's said an done
5. I think Jiricek plays a more "flyers game" and for me at least its a lot easier to picture Jiricek's name on the back of a Flyers jersey then Mintyukov.

Reactions: TesseractPrice

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
5. I think Jiricek plays a more "flyers game" and for me at least its a lot easier to picture Jiricek's name on the back of a Flyers jersey then Mintyukov.

You might be quite right. I was thinking of potential injury concerns but that might just be me making them more important than they seem

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad