Prospect Info: 2022 - 1st OA] Juraj Slafkovsky (LW) Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
The thing that kills me the most from lurking this thread, is most of the people who want Slaf to go down to the AHL/OHL, claim they are not haters, but come up with an avalanche of passive-aggressive comments that show how they really feel.
Well to be fair, you have some knowledgable fans who wanted him down to get more ice time, more puck touches and more pts, something I wasnt against either. But you have some haters who wanted him down to support their flawed narrative.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I've really only seen rookie camp and I saw him mostly trying to pass. I was worried he didn't have much a shot. Turns out I was really wrong.
Beauty shot.

The AHL vs. NHL is a valid debate. OHL is not. I was bummed that it wasn't the greatest year to get a 1OA but people think this guy can only be a 2nd liner are off their rockers. His potential is enormous. He just has question marks and you'd rather not have a 1OA with a lot of question marks.

The size/skill/skating combo is nuts and he has a ton of room for improvement. The one thing that really did hearten me seeing him at rookie camp was the swagger. He's got star swagger which at the end of the day is one of the biggest things you want to see. He had it on that goal too....and after lol.

We're not used to nice things but you can't leave out Slaf when talking about a Cup core. I don't think he can be Caufield good but he might not be that far off. Can't really get a read on his ceiling but he's bursting with potential.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
He scored a goal buddy, are you having an aneurysm?
You didnt answer my questions. Do you still send the kid to the OHL, do you still think he is too weak for that level and who are the 6 players you had over him? Simple questions, should be easy answers...

Reactions: Dutronc

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I read a discussion about white vs black tape yesterday on tweet and lots of people seems to think black is better, but apparently white is more durable and confuse goalies more.
I went white tape with my red Titan, black with my white Titan (Gretzky), and black with my Koho (Lafleur). Both were for looks only. I never really noticed a difference.

Reactions: Runner77

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
The thing that kills me the most from lurking this thread, is most of the people who want Slaf to go down to the AHL/OHL, claim they are not haters, but come up with an avalanche of passive-aggressive comments that show how they really feel.
This is unhinged conspiratorial thinking.

He is still going to go down to the AHL for the good of his and the Habs’ development. A goal against Arizona of all teams shouldn’t change the plan.

What kills me is that there’s now no way to discuss the game, or Slaf’s game tonight because the front-running celebrators literally say “they’re out for blood” and make actually passive aggressive comments about other fans rather than the player. Not very constructive or pleasant.

Listen, it’s fine if you want to hear only the same opinions all the time. Make sure you’re honest with yourselves about that though, you want a daycare.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
You didnt answer my questions. Do you still send the kid to the OHL, do you still think he is too weak for that level and who are the 6 players you had over him? Simple questions, should be easy answers...
Uhh… yes, absolutely. One goal in four games doesn’t change anything or any valuation. What kind of scouting profile of Slafkovsky would hinge on a single goal in a blowout against Arizona? It’s incredible how you didnt think this through at all.

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
This is unhinged conspiratorial thinking.

He is still going to go down to the AHL for the good of his and the Habs’ development. A goal against Arizona of all teams shouldn’t change the plan.

What kills me is that there’s now no way to discuss the game, or Slaf’s game tonight because the front-running celebrators literally say “they’re out for blood” and make actually passive aggressive comments about other fans rather than the player. Not very constructive or pleasant.

Listen, it’s fine if you want to hear only the same opinions all the time. Make sure you’re honest with yourselves about that though, you want a daycare.
I have no reason at this point to distrust the management. When they talk about their approach to development, it makes sense to me. And I see real development. Dach is better than last year, Guhle is doing well, Harris is playing better than I thought he would, Xhekaj is getting some ice time and a chance to learn, Caufield has improved under these guys, Evans too.

If management determines that Slafkovsky is not ready for a regular spot/role, they will send him down. They won't send him down because "the AHL is always better", and they won't keep him up because "all 1OAs avoid the AHL". They also won't get down on any of the kids for what Marty calls "one-off mistakes".

I like what I hear from the club. I don't think management is going to listen to haters, nor will they listen to worshippers, of any player. They will make well-thought out decisions, and hopefully their reasoning is good and those decisions will turn out right most of the time.

Last edited:

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Do you think a single goal changes my evaluation of him? I dont understand, lol.
Dude, you just said you loved the kid after he scored that goal, thats the first time I read a positive comment about the kid coming from you. We all read your posts in the previous threads, we only have to move back a couple of pages to see how much love you have for him...

Im still awaiting for your top 7 from the last draft BTW. :popcorn:

1- ?
2- ?
3- ?
4- ?
5- ?
6- ?
7- Slafkovsky

Last edited:
Reactions: Pomee

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Uhh… yes, absolutely. One goal in four games doesn’t change anything or any valuation. What kind of scouting profile of Slafkovsky would hinge on a single goal in a blowout against Arizona? It’s incredible how you didnt think this through at all.

This,

Happy for him.

But we need to think LONG TERM.....

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Why don't we all just celebrate this 18 year old player's first NHL goal. Will it give him additional confidence that will drive his game to a new level? Or will he continue to slowly find his way against the highest level of competition? Time will tell. But either way, Slafkovsky's goal is not a pivotal moment in history. The world's problems will remain unchanged. Let's just enjoy the moment. Saturday brings a new and much more menacing challenge for both Slafkovsky and his overachieving teammates. Let's see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad