Prospect Info: 2022 - 1st OA] Juraj Slafkovsky (LW) Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Seems like it's time for a new Slafkovsky thread. Last one was at 70 pages.

Still waiting on 1st career point. Tonight versus Arizona seems like a good time to get it..

I looked at Wright's first point last night... tight, tight ....

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
@LaP

Roope Hintz is an interesting comparison with Slaf. But it doesn't fit very well... Hintz spent two full years in Liiga after being drafted in the 2nd round of the 2015 draft, and then one year in the AHL to boot. He burst out as a solid player two years ago at age 24.

He definitely wasn't rushed but I don't feel like his relatively slow trajectory is all that encouraging as a comparison. For one, Slaf hasn't returned to Liiga and secondly, anything could've happened between June 2015 and October 2020 (prior to his breakout PPG season) that could've derailed his career and precluded his ascendance. It's a catch-22: if the player is left to ripen it's likely going to lead to better outcomes... but it leaves him to be vulnerable to the inevitable vagaries that come with time/exposure in such a physical game with none of the reward (ie him actually getting to help the NHL team win games/series/cups).

Reactions: Wats

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Part4 already omg you guys are crazy. Slaf will be alright haters gonna hate.

*Catch this mute*

cropped_REU_1762459.jpg

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
The only thing we know about slaf right now is he won’t become a generationnal one. Thats it. Like Jagr, matthews, lindros…. Don’t be dominant at 18 years old in the NHL is clearly comprehensive. Many good top 6 players werent at his age.
To have a better assessment about him, he should play in the AHL this year.
After that, we will have a better picture about his future.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
@LaP

Roope Hintz is an interesting comparison with Slaf. But it doesn't fit very well... Hintz spent two full years in Liiga after being drafted in the 2nd round of the 2015 draft, and then one year in the AHL to boot. He burst out as a solid player two years ago at age 24.

He definitely wasn't rushed but I don't feel like his relatively slow trajectory is all that encouraging as a comparison. For one, Slaf hasn't returned to Liiga and secondly, anything could've happened between June 2015 and October 2020 (prior to his breakout PPG season) that could've derailed his career and precluded his ascendance. It's a catch-22: if the player is left to ripen it's likely going to lead to better outcomes... but it leaves him to be vulnerable to the inevitable vagaries that come with time/exposure in such a physical game with none of the reward (ie him actually getting to help the NHL team win games/series/cups).
At the moment Rantanen is actually a fair comparison. Rantanen played 9 NHL after being drafted scoring 0 points and spent the rest of the season in the AHL where he was dominant. This seems like the trajectory Slaf will also be taking 9 NHL games then AHL, the only question is whether he will be productive in the AHL or not.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Just go down to the A or O plz. Hes not NHL ready.

All that had to be said has been said about Slaf, hes marginally improved but he went from a 8th liner to a 6th liner.

Reactions: Wats

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Yeah, so tight that no one understand why he got an assist on that goal, even himself.
I don’t know why, but it serves the NHL and the Kraken that he did. TNT pumped his tire and did a big segment on Wright in the context of his first point. They milked every little drop of it.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Readiness Evaluation

Nemec: Fail
Wright: Fail
Jiricek: Fail

Boy do they really need Slafkovsky not to be ready and even bust. The closer he gets to the NHL, the more you’ll hear calls to send him to Erie Pennsylvania. 🤡

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Readiness Evaluation

Nemec: Fail
Wright: Fail
Jiricek: Fail

Boy do they really need Slafkovsky to not be ready and even bust. The closer he gets to the NHL, the more you’ll hear calls to send him to Erie Pennsylvania. 🤡

All the pro Wright crowd preached his readiness and even the Kraken can't trust him more than 6 minutes a night. Wright deserves the same timeline as every other prospect to show his ability but it's just another evaluation fail by those who were Wright at all costs and couldn't evaluate him fairly.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
All the pro Wright crowd preached his readiness and even the Kraken can't trust him more than 6 minutes a night. Wright deserves the same timeline as every other prospect to show his ability but it's just another evaluation fail by those who were Wright at all costs and couldn't evaluate him fairly.
Not that I think Wright is ready, and I had him going back to junior months ago but its pretty dishonest of you to use Hakstol and his 6 minutes to prove that he isnt ready.

Also, Slaf is getting 10 minutes a game, is that somehow being trusted more?

See we’re on a different planet in terms of evaluation. I have no clue what you’re even watching.
Im seeing that both arent even close to ready and both should be in the OHL. Wright because of his slight build and Slaf because he doesnt knoe wtf to do when he puts on skates.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Who are you even arguing with? There is almost no-one who is saying that AHL or OHL would be a bad move, or that Slaf is "ready". Is there some voice in your head that is saying that?

Key word that answers your question: almost

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Who are you even arguing with? There is almost no-one who is saying that AHL or OHL would be a bad move, or that Slaf is "ready". Is there some voice in your head that is saying that?
Also literally everyone is against him going back to the OHL because hes such a "physical specimen".

(Ignoring the fact that hes super weak right now and that he will have a seamless transition from junior to pro if he goes back from the physical development he will go through, but who cares about logic heheh)

Reactions: ReHabs

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Not that I think Wright is ready, and I had him going back to junior months ago but its pretty dishonest of you to use Hakstol and his 6 minutes to prove that he isnt ready.

Also, Slaf is getting 10 minutes a game, is that somehow being trusted more?

Im seeing that both arent even close to ready and both should be in the OHL. Wright because of his slight build and Slaf because he doesnt knoe wtf to do when he puts on skates.
First, you are awfully generous with Wright. He’s unable to play aspects of the Center position. For example, he loses almost all his face offs cleanly (which explains why they scratched him for their road game). He doesn’t just have a slight build. He couldn’t take a body check in Juniors. If he goes near the boards he’ll get plastered.

After the big body check, for the first time this season, he started doing again his low intensity cruising that he did in Juniors. Look what he was doing between his “pass” and the goal.

Justsayin

Jul 2, 2019
Also literally everyone is against him going back to the OHL because hes such a "physical specimen".

(Ignoring the fact that hes super weak right now and that he will have a seamless transition from junior to pro if he goes back from the physical development he will go through, but who cares about logic heheh)
Well I don't imagine the organization has the hockey knowledge, as good an understanding of the player, or the resources, you do, but I'm pretty content to believe they will keep in mind what's best for his development when they are making their decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad