Speculation: 2021 Salary Cap Crunch & Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Would love to see Masin come back, we have no LD depth and he played well when healthy in the KHL. Could challenge Claesson for a spot. Expect everyone to be qualified, the only questions are Day and Lohin. Day had moments but still a mess defensively, Lohin had his best year but is 25 now maybe they want to go with kids and bring him back on an AHL deal.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018

Think this is better for Lipanov to get better, his development has kinda been staggered in NA and really hasnt impressed enough

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
No way we trade Killorn and Palat and we keep TyJo. My guess is two of these 3 will go, but no doubt in my mind Johnson will be one of them. Otherwise our roster will be a shitshow next season.

Trade away Killer + TyJo?

OR

Trade away Palat + TyJo?

What would you prefer?

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
No way we trade Killorn and Palat and we keep TyJo. My guess is two of these 3 will go, but no doubt in my mind Johnson will be one of them. Otherwise our roster will be a shitshow next season
i mean we always joked about blowing it up... maybe JBB is gonna take that to heart and do it

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
No way we trade Killorn and Palat and we keep TyJo. My guess is two of these 3 will go, but no doubt in my mind Johnson will be one of them. Otherwise our roster will be a shitshow next season.

Trade away Killer + TyJo?

OR

Trade away Palat + TyJo?

What would you prefer?

Don't forget we'll have to re-sign Point next offseason

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Dominik Masin signed a 2 year extension with Amur back in May, so this is strictly to continue to retain is NHL rights.

You never know sometimes with players. Karri Ramo couldn't stick in the NHL with us so he went over to the KHL and was able to prove himself with Omsk. Eventually the Lightning were able to trade his rights to Calgary for a minor league goaltender (Desjardins) and Ramo came back to the NHL and got his shot with Calgary.

Reactions: Major4Boarding

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Not sure why people are saying 2 more forwards need to be moved. 1 of Johnson, Palat, Killorn gets us into the season with enough to have a full roster. Rutta will be the guy if an extra cushion is needed.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Not sure why people are saying 2 more forwards need to be moved. 1 of Johnson, Palat, Killorn gets us into the season with enough to have a full roster. Rutta will be the guy if an extra cushion is needed.
Nope, gotta blow it up. Trade Kuch for a bunch of scrubs. Trade Stamkos to Toronto for Spezza. Trade Vasy for a conditional 7th. Point can go to Minny for Louis Belpedio. Hedman can be bought out and go to Sweden.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Nope, gotta blow it up. Trade Kuch for a bunch of scrubs. Trade Stamkos to Toronto for Spezza. Trade Vasy for a conditional 7th. Point can go to Minny for Louis Belpedio. Hedman can be bought out and go to Sweden.
It sounds so Oilers :D

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

Damn good thing people in charge of the Lightning aren't hf board posters. We would have blown the team up after the 2015 finals cause no way we were gonna be able to keep everyone lol!

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Damn good thing people in charge of the Lightning aren't hf board posters. We would have blown the team up after the 2015 finals cause no way we were gonna be able to keep everyone lol!
We will get a better return on Johnson than we would for all of Kuch, Point, Hedman, and Vasy combined

Reactions: CupsOverCash

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Florida kinda getting a little spooky. If they add Suter (anything over 2 years is LOL), but they're keeping Bennit, Reinhart are nice top 6 players for them. They might improve on D. Arizona even wants to help them out and take the damn Stralman contract off their hands

Depends what they do at goaltending I guess. But Florida was one of our toughest playoff matchups. Very physical team who can score.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

I'd be all over that Stamkos for Spezza trade.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015

We'd have around 6.5m if Johnson is traded, we could definitely fill out the roster with that but it would be mostly minimum salary guys.

We'll most likely bring up 1-3 young guys and sign 2-3 cheap vets. If the vets cost a bit more and JBB believes 2-3 of them will bring more to the team than Palat or Killorn will, I guess that's when they'd get dealt.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
So we should consider a rebuild because we are gonna lose Gourde, Goodrow, Coleman and Tyler Johnson?

Lol wow

Not one of those players played in our top 6 forwards or top 4 defense.

Reactions: DFC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad