Speculation: 2021 Salary Cap Crunch & Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gubbhornet

Dec 5, 2019
Ok, a bit of an hangover thread, but I think it's interesting. How would you try/want to solve the cap crunch for next season if the goal is Rolling the dice for another cup?

Who should be traded? Veteran UFAs, undrade players of interest etc.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
I think we make a deal with Seattle to take TJ, we trade Palat ,and we re-sign both Goodrow and Coleman. We'll look around for trades of Killorn/Gourde, but ultimately will keep both.

I really think we approach Stammer as well, unless he was dealing with a very significant injury he just doesn't offer what he once did. This is just my basic summary of how I think the offseason will go, but who knows.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I really think we approach Stammer as well, unless he was dealing with a very significant injury he just doesn't offer what he once did. This is just my basic summary of how I think the offseason will go, but who knows.
This one is pretty obvious. Dude could barely skate.

Reactions: BoltzManConstant

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
This one is pretty obvious. Dude could barely skate.

Just given his less than stellar playoff history, it's hard to gauge how much was the injury and how much was typical playoffs Stamkos.

Either way I think it's a moot point because I doubt he waives.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Just given his less than stellar playoff history, it's hard to gauge how much was the injury and how much was typical playoffs Stamkos.

Either way I think it's a moot point because I doubt he waives.
You hear the way the players talk about that dude? Don't think that would be the smartest move.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Any word on other injuries the team suffered? We know Kucherov had the fractured ribs, not sure on the specifics of most of the others.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Expansion Draft is on July 21st
NHL Draft is on July 23rd - 24th

We should know more afterwards. Crazy how fast this amazing group is potentially gonna get disassembled. I will miss each and every one of these bastards.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Figure out a way to get Stamkos to waive, trade a bazillion assets to ensure Johnson ends up in Seattle, win third cup in a row.

Getting them to take TJ is so important, not just to get rid of his contract but also to ensure we can keep both Serg and McDonagh. We need to do everything we can to keep McDonagh, he's far too important a player. Wouldn't at all be surprised though if Seattle says they'll only take TJ if we attach Mac with him, we could counter but realistically we have no leverage unless we included a shit ton of prospects/picks.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I think we make a deal with Seattle to take TJ, we trade Palat ,and we re-sign both Goodrow and Coleman. We'll look around for trades of Killorn/Gourde, but ultimately will keep both.

Moving just Johnson and Palat isn't enough to keep both Coleman and Goodrow. Either McDonagh or Killorn would need to go in addition. Seeing as it's doubtful they move on from McD, it would need to be Killorn. The problem with that plan is after next year with Point's raise of ~2.5 million. Moving Killorn for value then will cover it, but if Tampa moves both Palat and Killer now, it will.likely expedite Gourde's departure a year earlier than expected.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Coleman's a goner. Let's face it

It seems pretty likely. Although JBB could definitely make the room to keep him, there are also indications he may want to go home to Dallas(from there, wife from there, just built a house near there etc.). Dallas could also likely offer him more anyway, even if Tampa cleared the space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad