The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

IMO, here's your Gru replacement.

giphy.gif

letsgoavs1921

Jul 26, 2006
What do the analytic stats say about Grubauer vs Andersen? Is Frederik that big of a step down from Grubby? I know he's more prone at letting weak goals every now and then, but what's the difference between that and Grubauer's automatic glove hand down on every shot? I argue that if Avs can win the President's Trophy with Grubs, I think they could do it the same with Andersen in net.
This is my point. I like Gru, he's good. He's not great. He's not worth a Bennington contract, he has literally proved nothing in the playoffs. Last 3 years

Average against the Sharks
Hurt
Awful in final 3 games against Vegas

Sorry, you're worth about $4.5x4 or 5. If you want more see ya. We can find someone that is in the same league as you for less than $4.5/year

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
This is my point. I like Gru, he's good. He's not great. He's not worth a Bennington contract, he has literally proved nothing in the playoffs. Last 3 years

Average against the Sharks
Hurt
Awful in final 3 games against Vegas

Sorry, you're worth about $4.5x4 or 5. If you want more see ya. We can find someone that is in the same league as you for less than $4.5/year

He is a good goalie playing behind an excellent defense.

I'm sure a guy like Linus Ulmark would have similar production playing on this team for 2 or 3 million less a year.

Regardless, it's not Grubauer's play which makes me hesitate giving him a long term deal. It's his injury history.

letsgoavs1921

Jul 26, 2006

I'm sure a guy like Linus Ulmark would have similar production playing on this team for 2 or 3 million less a year.

Regardless, it's not Grubauer's play which makes me hesitate giving him a long term deal. It's his injury history.
It's both

And I agree with you. Plenty of average to slightly above average guys we can get on a 3 year $3.5/year deal that will do fine for us. Which is what he has been, fine.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Anderson would be an OK option on a short term lower aav contract if we can't come to terms with Grubauer. Anderson played many years under a mediocre defense in Toronto and I would argue his numbers could be just as good as Grubauer with our elite defense and shot suppression. Same goes for Keumper. My concern again is that we are continuing the goalie carousel with no long term solution in sight. If Sakic can somehow make it work for Gibson without including Byram or Newhook, that would be a game changer.

Reactions: S E P H

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Yet you want Ullmark?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
“Then there are the free agents. All eyes are on Philipp Grubauer, the man expected to set the market. Talks between Grubauer and the Avs are going down to the wire for the Vezina Trophy finalist. The belief is Colorado is holding firm at 5 years, $25 million. Grubauer’s camp is believed to be seeking a deal north of $6 million.”
- Seravalli

Reactions: shadow1

oxenfree

Jun 20, 2019
Losing Grubauer is a one-way ticket to goalie hell, something that will kill this team no matter how good the defense is. It's not like they even have a young up-and-comer to gamble on; Francouz is basically a myth at this point.

There's no one out there that doesn't have worse question marks and warts than Grubauer. Just sign him. Losing him will be much worse than losing Landeskog.

Reactions: Nihiliste

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Im fine with that. I’d consider 5.5, but that’s about it. Just wonder what the hell their backup plan is.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
After reading on DNVR that Gabe's camp turned down 7x7, I'm wondering a couple things:

- why do people still think the Avs' best offer was under 6m?

- I don't think his stats or value are inflated by his linemates. He's a proven two way beast and talented enough to put up points in any other sweater. Is it just me or is 7x7 an incredibly fair deal?

- why would Gabe price himself out? It makes no sense. Captain works hard to lead team from the gutter to the top, then asks team for more than they can afford despite a reasonable offer being on the table. He knows full well what the team's up against with regards to the salary cap. I am dying to know what's really going on behind the scenes, because frankly, this is weird.

Reactions: AlysonChainz

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
“Then there are the free agents. All eyes are on Philipp Grubauer, the man expected to set the market. Talks between Grubauer and the Avs are going down to the wire for the Vezina Trophy finalist. The belief is Colorado is holding firm at 5 years, $25 million. Grubauer’s camp is believed to be seeking a deal north of $6 million.”
-
Seravalli

GTFOH.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Your 2021-2022 Colorado Avalanche! *Excitement!*

Athanasiou - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Newhook ------ Kadri ---- Burakovsky
Nichuskin ----- Jost ---- Compher
Ranta ------- Maltsev --- LOC

This is Bednar's dream. They will bag skate well.

Reactions: Richard88

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
It's both

And I agree with you. Plenty of average to slightly above average guys we can get on a 3 year $3.5/year deal that will do fine for us. Which is what he has been, fine.
Who would you get? Ned and Driedger are gone. Ullmark probably wants more than $3.5m as an ufa

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
After reading on DNVR that Gabe's camp turned down 7x7, I'm wondering a couple things:

- why do people still think the Avs' best offer was under 6m?

- I don't think his stats or value are inflated by his linemates. He's a proven two way beast and talented enough to put up points in any other sweater. Is it just me or is 7x7 an incredibly fair deal?

- why would Gabe price himself out? It makes no sense. Captain works hard to lead team from the gutter to the top, then asks team for more than they can afford despite a reasonable offer being on the table. He knows full well what the team's up against with regards to the salary cap. I am dying to know what's really going on behind the scenes, because frankly, this is weird.
You’ve got it wrong.

Those who want Landeskog back think Joe’s best offer is less than 6M

Those who don’t want Landeskog back think Joe has offered 7 years and 7 or more M per.

Reactions: nightonthesun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad