GDT: 2021 NHL Free Agency & Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It seems we're up to 3,500 posts in the other one and we now moving to free agency which could either make or break the Avs this year...

- Will Landeskog re-sign with us?
- Will Grubauer re-sign with us?
- Will we go after Coyotes players?
- Will Jaden Schwartz be an Av?
- Will Darcy "IR" Keumper also be an Av?

Find out from now until Wednesday!

Reactions: Richard88

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Find out from now until Wednesday!

Wednesday? Jeez, are any other of the more casual fans like myself finding these couple weeks of hockey news just a straight blitz?

I think I'm most interested in what happens with Saad, it'll be very telling if the Avs keep him or let him go. Saad signing is likely hope to Landy signing fading.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
Florida is gonna have to move out some cap, no? Still need to sign Reinhart and a couple other RFAs and only have a little under $8M left in cap space

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I predict the Avs roster for the next season, on paper, will be significantly weaker than the past years version. I said it before, the Avs really missed the boat with a good chunk of their players on the cheaper variants - the biggest window for winning a cup was the past two years.

If the Avs make some smart additions, they may actually have a more competitive roster with less higher end talent - by that I mean it will be a more cohesive unit where each line can positively contribute to a team win rather than relying on the top line. I do think that if they lose Landeskog they will need to find someone capable of off-setting that loss, somehow.

I'm also really hoping that if Landy does leave, it's for Toronto, and it's because they sign him and Hamilton to 7 year deals worth 10+ million. C'mon Toronto, just have 6 players making about 60 million and then randomly try to fill out the roster from there.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Florida is gonna have to move out some cap, no? Still need to sign Reinhart and a couple other RFAs and only have a little under $8M left in cap space

I'm very impressed with Zito, that contract is going to look like a steal. As for their cap, my guess is that they squeeze Reinhart in on a 1-year deal and move Vatrano, but ideally they want to move out Stralman.

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
I’m fine with Landy and Grub leaving. Good players, but players that have their stats significantly inflated due to the quality of the team around them.

IMO they’re (at least Grub) replaceable.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If Sakic is so concerned with having cost-controlled players with a lot of term, he should just pony up and go get Gibson. Just because the Canes couldn't strike a deal doesn't me the Ducks are opposed to it, Carolina is a weird organisation who also come across as cheap at times (like their trade for Neddy). I do think the Reinhart deal helped lower the costs for players, Gibson included.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What do the analytic stats say about Grubauer vs Andersen? Is Frederik that big of a step down from Grubby? I know he's more prone at letting weak goals every now and then, but what's the difference between that and Grubauer's automatic glove hand down on every shot? I argue that if Avs can win the President's Trophy with Grubs, I think they could do it the same with Andersen in net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad