Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumours and FA Part I: Release the Hounds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
We said that last year with Grubauer, and then Sakic jettisoned Grubauer for Kuemper.

I don't know if Sakic is one of those GM's that is willing to pay a goaltender premium dollars. Kuemper also turns 32 this season. I have my doubts about Sakic re-signing him regardless of how he performs given his injury history + age.

Maybe Francouz if he can be healthy. Frank always has a high compete level, he is trustworthy.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
It's not even an option. You do not go back to Pavel Francouz even as a backup next season.

As a backup I would keep him, if he stays on for the same amount of money, performs well enough, and plays/stays healthy for at least 25 games this season.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
We said that last year with Grubauer, and then Sakic jettisoned Grubauer for Kuemper.

I don't know if Sakic is one of those GM's that is willing to pay a goaltender premium dollars. Kuemper also turns 32 this season. I have my doubts about Sakic re-signing him regardless of how he performs given his injury history + age.
Can't give up a 1st and a good prospect every year for a new goalie. We paid through the nose for Kuemper, if he walks it's not good. If he does well and wants 5-6 years it's not good either.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Can't give up a 1st and a good prospect every year for a new goalie. We paid through the nose for Kuemper, if he walks it's not good. If he does well and wants 5-6 years it's not good either.

I think he can be good until 36-37.

Reactions: Reparlana

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
As a backup I would keep him, if he stays on for the same amount of money, performs well enough, and plays/stays healthy for at least 25 games this season.
Not a chance. No reason to keep a guy who, coming off of double hip surgery, got himself hurt immediately for weeks upon returning. Not even a meaningful regular season game, too.

Let him walk.

Paid through the nose because of a dire, last second situation. Sakic seems to learn from his "mistakes" more often than not. I'm sure he'll learn from this one.

Reactions: Grigowski

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
We haven't seen much at all, but he scored at a good pace last season.

Last year Newhook looked good between Kadri (who was playing LW) and Burakovsky. When he has been stuck playing the wing (in the playoffs with Bellemare/Ranta and now Jost/Ranta), he's looked really bad.

I am sure he'll get a long look at Center this season and we'll have a better idea what the future holds.

Reactions: Reparlana

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A couple of trades could really have our forward group looking a whole lot meaner to play against... something like the trade Pierce suggested above and then picking up Crouse for Kaut+.

View attachment 470521

View attachment 470520

That roster has:
  • An elite 1st line;
  • A 2nd line with a high-end 2C, an elite sniper, and a north-south puck-hound who can clean up rebounds around the net;
  • A 3rd line that has two elite defensive forwards with Kadri who'd be a high-end 3C and a one-man show in the OZ; and
  • A 4th line with size, tenacity, speed, and faceoff ability.
... plus:
  • the best D group in the league;
  • a top 5 goalie in net;
  • veteran depth at forward and D; and...
  • to top it all off the best face-puncher in the league.
PP1:
-------- Landeskog ---------
Mack --- Hertl - Rantanen
----------- Makar -----------

PK: Jost+Nichuskin and Maltsev+O'Connor as the main PKing forward pairs with Helm rotating in when injuries happen; and Murray-EJ and Byram+Toews.
Why will we need Hertl when we have Crouse?

Or MacKinnon for that matter?

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I can see the Avs re-signing Kuemper, I just have a feeling Sakic was never fully sold on Grubauer, he just didn’t want to pay big money for a mediocre goalie behind an elite defense. You can tell by his “we helped him as much as he helped us” quote.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I can see the Avs re-signing Kuemper, I just have a feeling Sakic was never fully sold on Grubauer, he just didn’t want to pay big money for a mediocre goalie behind an elite defense. You can tell by his “we helped him as much as he helped us” quote.
But does he want to pay big money for a an old-ish injury prone goalie?

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
We should keep a list of trade deadline targets to track during the season and rank them in tiers based on talent level.

Tier A - the best available players/ actual difference makers that Lou will get

Tier B - good players that Avs will be rumored to get but then Tampa gets

Tier C - okayish depth players that could help in deep playoff run

Tier D - useless players that will be healthy scratched in the playoffs that Joe will get

Reactions: Avsboy

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Grub played some good hockey here and it got him a nice contract Sakic is not wrong. I also hope we can re-sign Kuemper assuming it is fair for both sides and he plays well.

Reactions: LTC Pain

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I would really hesitate on paying up for Kuemper. If he stays healthy, he's a $6m goalie and a risky one at that. On the other side, there isn't a ton of names out there that would be cheap. You have the Andersen, Bernier, and Mrazek grouping around 4. Allen/Reimer in the 2s. Or you're moving up to 5 anyway. Or you're getting the Georgiev backup types... rock and hard place.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I would really hesitate on paying up for Kuemper. If he stays healthy, he's a $6m goalie and a risky one at that. On the other side, there isn't a ton of names out there that would be cheap. You have the Andersen, Bernier, and Mrazek grouping around 4. Allen/Reimer in the 2s. Or you're moving up to 5 anyway. Or you're getting the Georgiev backup types... rock and hard place.
Shoulda paid up for Gibson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad