Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumours and FA Part I: Release the Hounds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Unpopular take but I would trade for Dylan Strome. He has some offensive talent. This team needs that deeper in the lineup. He also is capable of playing up the lineup if injuries occur. He also is restricted at season’s end which gives the team some options.

The Avs have the defensive forwards to insulate his defensive shortcomings. Whether it’s Jost, Nuke or Landy there are ways to make him fit. We’d be getting him to add some offense which is all that matters.

Reactions: AvsGuy

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Unpopular take but I would trade for Dylan Strome. He has some offensive talent. This team needs that deeper in the lineup. He also is capable of playing up the lineup if injuries occur. He also is restricted at season’s end which gives the team some options.

The Avs have the defensive forwards to insulate his defensive shortcomings. Whether it’s Jost, Nuke or Landy there are ways to make him fit. We’d be getting him to add some offense which is all that matters.
Kid simply can’t skate. He’d look worse than Soda did last season.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

Until Newhook shows that he can't take a center role this season it would be premature to add someone like Strome. I'd be all for adding a legit 2C like Hertl to bump Kadri to 3C, but Strome wouldn't move the needle enough to warrant moving Newhook to the wing early in the season.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It’s a weakness but he looks like Makar compared to the blind man lol
That's not true... and it is quite easy to find tape of them in the same games and system. Along with that Strome's effort level is bottom 5% in the NHL. Put him on a crap team like San Jose and he'll put up points... put him on a team with even a semblance of talent, coaches will push him down the lineup fast.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Call the Rangers if they wanna do a "Change-of-scenario" -Trade like Kaut-Kravtsov.....

This is something that I hope Sakic looks into. Kravtsov certainly has high end potential, at the very least, he might get playing time. That doesn't seem like something Bednar are going to be willing to give Kaut. Heck, see if we can swap Bowers and Frost - the Avs probably have to add in both deals, but go for the high end potential and see if they can help to fill out the roster.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
dunno if it is realistic but ditch the reclamation projects like kravtsov or strome. Package some of our prospects for a proven commodity if possible plz.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
(We need a place to discuss the fact that Jayson Megna is the first callup of the season)
popcorn-billhader.gif

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
The reason I'd target Kravtsov is that he'd be a perfect candidate for a prospect swap with one of our guys (Kaut or Bowers)
right but it isnt really what we need. Based on the assets we have I think we will be relegated to trading with teams that are ok with futures based trades... Buffalo, Arizona are the easy ones there should be a few more by the trade deadline but not many right now.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Go for it, Big Daddy...

(We need a place to discuss the fact that Jayson Megna is the first callup of the season)

I'm pretty sure the callups for forwards go:
Jayson Megna
Mikhail Maltsev
Kiefer Sherwood
Stefan Matteau
Dylan Sikura
Andreas Wingerli
The leftover equipment for Jayson Megna placed on a scarecrow
We will just play with a limited roster
Fold the franchise and use the cash savings to start a Clifford the Big Red Dog themed putt putt golf course
Martin Kaut
The world ends
Shane Bowers

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
right but it isnt really what we need. Based on the assets we have I think we will be relegated to trading with teams that are ok with futures based trades... Buffalo, Arizona are the easy ones there should be a few more by the trade deadline but not many right now.

But if we do manage to swing a Kaut for Kravtsov deal (or something similar), Kravtsov probably has higher value than Kaut league wide. So if he doesn't work out, or if he flashes potential but we need someone better, he's still going to be a better asset to trade than Kaut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad